DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    It's not necessarily content creators job to tell the stories you want to see.

If you have a story you want told, with characters you want expressed, really it's up to you to hit the dirt to build that. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, House of Cards...all sorts of content we enjoy had to be pitched, and worked on and refined till it was given the money to try and many succeeded on their merits.

I prefer when someone's vision is expressed without the need to cow tow to someone else's ideals.

Honestly, Young Justice for example would have been so much less incredible if the writers had done nothing but parrot the comic books, rather than take the characters and create something new from them.

I hope this Doctor Who does well, and has vision behind it, beyond as you say being a "scrap" for some ideology points. There's so many stories to tell, I'd hate for any of them to be hamstrung by committees trying to press some ideological agenda.

A great story stands the test of time, and a great character only becomes better with age.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Of course females can be Time Lords. The Doctor has a Mother and a Father. Both his Mother and Father are Time Lords. Time Lords are an Alien Species. The reason why I was against the Doctor regenerating into a female is the possibilities of wtfing how they breed. If Time Lords always regenerate into the same sex then ok you know who your mother and father is. If your time Lord father regenerates into a female, is that your mother or your father still?

Shit people. Misogyny has nothing to do with it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (07-20-2017),Menine (07-19-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post
    well maybe content creators should stop giving us the bare fucking minimum and expecting us to be happy with scraps! its never enough bc theres no damn effort in it! a starving man asks you for a meal and you give him some shit you dug out a trash can hes gonna be understandably pissed!

also i dont even like dr who ive never fuckin watched it ive just been watching all the nerd rage and jacking off to it like feminazi sjws are wont to do.
    Me thinks sjw should be pretty happy with the new doctor, right now the doctor is technically trans m>f/genderfluid, no?

But honestly, 99% of the people who demand a X/Y/Z doctor, because "it's the current year", don't even watch the show, and if the ones in charge complied they would just say "hur hur we won" and move to complain somewhere else, the ones who do watch the show would be left shaken because the writers would find it very hard to explain the regeneration into the current doctor in a satisfactory manner.

It happened with Mass Effect, it happend with Ghostbusters(2016), it happened with Marvel, it'll probably happen with Dr. Who and it'll probably happen with "Rough night" a gender swapped "Very Bad Things"

Enviado desde mi S3 mediante Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    Me thinks sjw should be pretty happy with the new doctor, right now the doctor is technically trans m>f/genderfluid, no?

But honestly, 99% of the people who demand a X/Y/Z doctor, because "it's the current year", don't even watch the show, and if the ones in charge complied they would just say "hur hur we won" and move to complain somewhere else, the ones who do watch the show would be left shaken because the writers would find it very hard to explain the regeneration into the current doctor in a satisfactory manner.

It happened with Mass Effect, it happend with Ghostbusters(2016), it happened with Marvel, it'll probably happen with Dr. Who and it'll probably happen with "Rough night" a gender swapped "Very Bad Things"

AND WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!! THE DOCTOR HAS/HAD CHILDREN ON GALIFREY!!!!! IS HE A MOM NOW? IS HE STILL A DAD!!!!!

WHAT IS NEXT? THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE CAT/DOGS?

A TARDIS THAT IS ALSO A DINER???!#$@%!%#@%#$@!

o wait....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    92d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I honestly don't get all the fuzz about it. So what the Doctor is a woman now? If the actor/actress does a good job portraying the character I love I couldn't care less about their gender. And I loved Jodie Whittaker in Broadchurch. She's brilliant. She'll do the Doctor justice I believe.
    I've seen so many people being butthurt "What's next, Buffy as a man?"

Again, if they do the character justice, heck yes, bend the rules.

Bonus: I don't finally have to make gender bend cosplays anymore!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post

haha dude what the hell is there to explain? the doctor can take on any form they please. thats all there is to explain. if dr who stans cant take that very obvious very glaring piece of their shows lore and say "ah, ok, this makes sense" then thats their issue

it didnt happen with any of those things. again: we were given scraps in the hopes that their "inclusive" game/movie would sate us. it didnt, because it was badly made. ghostbusters was good, and continues to be good, because it was inclusive with a good plot, good cast, good crew, and a director who knew what they were doing. thor flopped because it was shit, and whatever the hell rough night is, thatll do well if the crew puts effort into it.

i dont see whats to be annoyed about when The SJWz ask to be catered to. isnt that what people are doing with this doctor? make them a man so they can be catered to?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post
    haha dude what the hell is there to explain? the doctor can take on any form they please. thats all there is to explain. if dr who stans cant take that very obvious very glaring piece of their shows lore and say "ah, ok, this makes sense" then thats their issue

it didnt happen with any of those things. again: we were given scraps in the hopes that their "inclusive" game/movie would sate us. it didnt, because it was badly made. ghostbusters was good, and continues to be good, because it was inclusive with a good plot, good cast, good crew, and a director who knew what they were doing. thor flopped because it was shit, and whatever the hell rough night is, thatll do well if the crew puts effort into it.

i dont see whats to be annoyed about when The SJWz ask to be catered to. isnt that what people are doing with this doctor? make them a man so they can be catered to?
    Ghostbusters good? We must've seen different movies.
    The one I saw was shit, unlike wonder woman, that one was well done, the director did well, the actors did well...

The problem with the majority of sjw is that they want people to take a step in their direction and then complain that they haven't taken 2 steps, if instead of complaining sjw said "yeah yeah that's good, more can be done but this is OK for now, next time we'll do 2 steps, and then 3", then those that make things would see that sjw are actually interested and would take even more steps without they fear of failing miserably when sjw don't actually support them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Lilac Tentacles (07-20-2017),Menine (07-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Ghostbusters was awful.

That is all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Daviid (07-20-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post

Bonus: I don't finally have to make gender bend cosplays anymore!
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

I love genderbending cosplay for Dr Who! Here is me as Tennant/10th

I'm working on fixing up my burgundy velvet jacket to do Capaldi next! (I think his red lined black coat outfit is a bit too 'nothing' if that makes sense haha)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kimmy1989 For This Useful Post:

Rowena (07-20-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy1989 View Post
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

I love genderbending cosplay for Dr Who! Here is me as Tennant/10th

I'm working on fixing up my burgundy velvet jacket to do Capaldi next! (I think his red lined black coat outfit is a bit too 'nothing' if that makes sense haha)
    Disgusting.