DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I know it was announced today so I was going to avoid all social media till it blew over lmao! Click on new posts and there we go cha ching. I just won't look up what she looks like, yea thats the ticket.

To be honest though, I really don't like the idea of a female doctor. The only reason they are doing a female doctor is just to cater to political correctness and feminism. It was already kind of awkward with Missy as the Master. It reminds me of casting Edris Elba as Roland Deschain. In the series a central theme to the Gunslinger is that he is white, his blue steel gaze, his interactions with Odetta Holmes, etc. I don't care for networks/producers pandering to the masses just to make things "PC"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post

To be honest though, I really don't like the idea of a female doctor. The only reason they are doing a female doctor is just to cater to political correctness and feminism. It was already kind of awkward with Missy as the Master. It reminds me of casting Edris Elba as Roland Deschain. In the series a central theme to the Gunslinger is that he is white, his blue steel gaze, his interactions with Odetta Holmes, etc. I don't care for networks/producers pandering to the masses just to make things "PC"

Disagree. They had lots of reasons to choose a female doctor. And no reason not to.

Missy as the Master was incredible!

And what is wrong with being PC? Better than being racist/misogynistic no?? (not saying that having only male doctors up until this point is misogynistic though, just querying your opposition to PCness for the sake of being PC - as long as its still an amazing new doctor with great storylines then its 2 thumbs up from me!)

(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by kimmy1989; 07-17-2017 at 11:03 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kimmy1989 For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (07-18-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy1989 View Post

Disagree. They had lots of reasons to choose a female doctor. And no reason not to.

And what is wrong with being PC? Better than being racist/misogynistic no?? (not saying that having only male doctors up until this point is misogynistic though, just querying your opposition to PCness for the sake of being PC - as long as its still an amazing new doctor with great storylines then its 2 thumbs up from me!)

See and this mentality is why you lose a lot of people. Just because we don't adhere to the pandering "PC" garbage does not mean what we enjoy, and who are is racist/misogynistic/otherstupidbuzzword. Leave things alone if they aren't broken, ya know? Ghostbusters tanked because they tried way too hard to cater to a group of people who aren't inherently fans and who shouldn't have had a voice on the matter. As previously stated, the biggest yelling I've heard is from long-time nerd fans who want their show preserved. Not pandered about as this uppity, feminist display of crap.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-19-2017),Stocking Anarchy (07-17-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy1989 View Post

As @(you need an account to see links) said. Preserving tradition/storylines/cannon does not always = racism/misogyny. Especially in a fantasy series.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Menine (07-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I wouldn't have minded if the doctor was a male. I don't care if it's a male or a female as long as the performance and storyline is as epic as it usually has been.

I just don't see any logic or reasoning behind the people whinging about it being a female. There is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    As @(you need an account to see links) said. Preserving tradition/storylines/cannon does not always = racism/misogyny. Especially in a fantasy series.
    There is nothing in having a female doctor that breaks the tradition/storyline/canon of Dr Who. It was always a possibility in the storyline via regeneration and a coincidence it did not happen earlier. Even Moffatt mentioned in interviews he had previously considered casting female doctors but just happened to cast other men each time - and that's fine.

Like I said earlier, they lost lots of fans when casting Capaldi because he was older and the fan base didn't like that. They cried out. But the real fans stayed and kept watching. Same thing will happen here

Shall we agree to disagree and watch with intent and hope together that the show remains fantastic? (I need to watch the second half of Capaldi's episodes first, I think the last one I saw was the last night with Riversong so I'm a little behind...)
    Last edited by kimmy1989; 07-17-2017 at 11:56 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kimmy1989 For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (07-18-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    swear to fuck ppl that complain about this are virgin-ass dweebs lol

also none of them watch tv past dr who bc otherwise theyd know capaldi is a great actor

same applies here, luved jodie in attack the block!!!! she will do great

the geeks just want to stick to this cycle of misogyny moffat offers them

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

kimmy1989 (07-18-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm good with the idea, just so long as they write her like the doctors always been written, and not in a way that's pushing any kind of agenda. I have high hopes for more quality TV as I honestly thought Capaldi's doctor was the best one.

If they keep up that style of writing I'd be happy!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    34d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    As a fan...
    1. peter capaldi was shit
    2. people have complained for a woman for years and now it has happened they complain (typical idiotic people in this world)
    3. woman can be time lords as proven by missy

never heard of her but anything is better than peter capaldi

Also I hope her companion is a female, need strong female characters they are always the best.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post
    swear to fuck ppl that complain about this are virgin-ass dweebs lol

also none of them watch tv past dr who bc otherwise theyd know capaldi is a great actor

same applies here, luved jodie in attack the block!!!! she will do great

the geeks just want to stick to this cycle of misogyny moffat offers them

Just remember those "geeks" are the ones who kept this show alive through the first decades. And stop dropping that bullshit misogyny line.

Two words: Female Thor

You whinging, feminazi screetchers demanded it, then it tanked because you didn't buy it. Pandering to PC never works out well for the subject in-question.

Will Dr. Who tank because of a female, probably not. But don't make fun the userbase who even ensured you got to enjoy this show because they endured years of high school bullying as nerds to make sure this show stayed relevant for you to enjoy it. If they want to be upset, they're allowed to be without you trying to slander their reasons with "my soggy knees" and "sexistscum #killallmen" mentality. I'd be fucking pissed if they turned Tank Girl into a dude.

Also, even the crazy pro-female side of your crowd isn't happy with the choice. They wanted a trans, POC woman... No matter how much pandering they do, you guys will never be happy. Ever. It's never enough.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Daviid (07-19-2017),Menine (07-19-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    Just remember those "geeks" are the ones who kept this show alive through the first decades. And stop dropping that bullshit misogyny line.

Two words: Female Thor

You whinging, feminazi screetchers demanded it, then it tanked because you didn't buy it. Pandering to PC never works out well for the subject in-question.

Will Dr. Who tank because of a female, probably not. But don't make fun the userbase who even ensured you got to enjoy this show because they endured years of high school bullying as nerds to make sure this show stayed relevant for you to enjoy it. If they want to be upset, they're allowed to be without you trying to slander their reasons with "my soggy knees" and "sexistscum #killallmen" mentality. I'd be fucking pissed if they turned Tank Girl into a dude.

Also, even the crazy pro-female side of your crowd isn't happy with the choice. They wanted a trans, POC woman... No matter how much pandering they do, you guys will never be happy. Ever. It's never enough.
    well maybe content creators should stop giving us the bare fucking minimum and expecting us to be happy with scraps! its never enough bc theres no damn effort in it! a starving man asks you for a meal and you give him some shit you dug out a trash can hes gonna be understandably pissed!

also i dont even like dr who ive never fuckin watched it ive just been watching all the nerd rage and jacking off to it like feminazi sjws are wont to do.
    Last edited by Mindfang; 07-18-2017 at 03:22 PM.