Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

PFQ/FR Trading Banned

Just so you know, Flight Rising has banned intersite trading with PokeFarm Q because they feel PFQ is a walking copyright violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeon
    Hello {Excised},

This message is to notify you that your thread "[B] Pokefarm Q [H] T/G" has been removed. Flight Rising does not allow cross-site trading with games that utilize Nintendo's copyrighted artwork.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this action, please feel free to send it to staff via the Contact Us form.

Thank you!
    I don't mind my thread being deleted, as I was pretty well done with it, but I sent them a message saying I hope they make an announcement like they did with Furvilla (back when the latter was introduced), as I'm not the only one making buying/selling threads.

(I am a tad bummed, however, as it's a lot easier for me to buy stuff with treasure than credits right now!)

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Niet (one of the site developers) claims that PFQ falls under fair use...too bad you probably can't convince Stormlight Workshop of that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Komari For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-30-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    FR has disallowed Pokemon trading (not sure about threads that were about Pokemon trading for other Pokemon) for quite a while. Almost got in trouble for trading cards for eggs lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Banette For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-27-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    They ought to make a list (and keep it updated) of sites that they allow trading with. Not that people would pay attention to it (probably), but it's sure better than trying to guess what's forbidden and what's not.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Makes sense, while yeah somethings fall under Fair Use in America; Japanese companies don't always follow international copyright laws.

This looks like a way to spare people losing out if/when that site is removed due to nintendo's strong arm.

Nintendo doesn't particularly care for people using their IPs/Copyrighted material for much of anything apart from guides, they have sent cease and desists to a ton of fair use fan projects and it's just safer for Stormlight to avoid association.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    What I want to know is if they're that touchy, why have they taken four years to send a C/D to PFQ? To my knowledge, it's been around since 2013--if not longer. (In fact, if the original PokeFarm was run by the same people, it would be even longer than that.)

Also, be aware that PFQ isn't an American website--they're British. I have no idea how copyright is treated over there.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    5d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I think the situation's been resolved,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If the situation was resolved, there would be current PFQ threads in the FR sales forums, and there are not. (The newest is three weeks ago, which is about the time Alphaeon and JCStitches started cracking down.)

As for the other way around, when I spot 'em, I just tell them that FR bans it, but you can go on the DL/QT and say it's for something else. One person closed their thread, another did a deal with me and we covered it by a FV trade.

Doesn't matter much to me, anymore. I'm done with PFQ. I was harassed the other day and discovered there's no way to block other users. I had to contact the mods for help, and then they victim-shamed me for being "rude" even though all I did was tell the beggar to stop repeatedly.

All I have left to do is hand over my unwanted mons to someone who asked for them and I'm done.