1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    37d 11h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

Contemplating selling everything

I am comteplating selling all my neopets stuff -on all my personal accounts I have over $1000 worth of stuff/pets. I am wondering what the safest way to do that would be? All the pets are on my personal accounts some are legit some not but all are on my accounts with 0 issues. Many are PC safe or known or whatever. I would like to lay low for a few months (not that I am very active anyway) before selling but wondering would it be best to
    A. sell pets individually and be like i adopted them out
    B. try to sell everything together
    C. Sell each account separately with whatever is on it- they aren't really linked and most have different emails
    D. something else

I want to make sure buyers are safe and I also can't discount a lot as the only reason I am selling is because I need a few thousand for real life things. I feel like if I sold it all together I would have to discount considerably so I'm not sure I can do though it would be safe.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Kitty; 06-23-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    Meow!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitty For This Useful Post:

teddy (06-23-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I posted this a while back on a different topic but Ill say it again. Make sure you're ready to part with what you're giving up! Back in 2010, I used to sell pets I got from unregistered emails. Finally decided I didn't want to keep my legit account either, sold it all for just under $1k as well. Couldn't even tell you what I spent that on, I think maybe a mini vacation for my girlfriend-at-the-time and I, but Neopets was never as fun/the same. All but one of those pets are frozen now, (not my fault, every so often I'd check up on them and more would be frozen) and I'd spend that in a heartbeat today to get them back/my old account back. If these are your legit pets/you've had them for a while I bet you'd be surprised how much you end up missing them.

EDIT: I don't buy/sell Neopets and try not to invest very much real money into it at all, so the fact that I would spend that for them is all the more surprising, hah.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bridge For This Useful Post:

Hikimaru (06-26-2017),JustViewing (06-24-2017),motherfucker (06-23-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    56d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I did the same as above, all my pets were legit etc. and I sold them all.
    Came back and neo sucks now... can't get back into it.

Make sure you're ready

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cherub For This Useful Post:

Bridge (06-23-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    So you asked a question, and nobody answered it.

If you don't want to discount them, you'll want to separate as much as you can. Lay low for a couple months before you start moving anything. I would send each pet to a different account, literally 1 UC/Nice pet per account (you can keep any existing pets on there if you want). When someone wants to buy, you'll already have the pet on a shell, which you can sell altogether to the buyer. It's then the buyer's responsibility to safely move the pet, or just keep them on there.

Depending on how built your accounts are, I would try to sell those separate as well. If you have a really nice main and like one known side account, keep those together. Otherwise everything is separate. Change passwords and emails on all of them so they aren't linked at all. Many people look for shells and semi mains pretty often, so those shouldn't be hard to get rid of. Depending on how nice your main is, it could take some time to find the right buyer, but it will happen.

You didn't list items/nps, but I generally like to set up shells with 10-20mil in either all pure or ets items. Then advertise "selling nps in increments of 'X'." Categorize them, 5mil, 10mil, 20mil, etc. with a price for each. Again, when you sell them, just give the buyer the whole account. This lets them move things around at their own will and most people have methods they believe is "safe", just let them do that themselves.

Don't be afraid to haggle on your prices as well. Set up a base, but in the end, it is neopets. If you want $ you might have haggle some. And you'll probably need more shells. I think they usually go for around $1 each, or if you plan on waiting months to start selling everything, you can create your own shells on different emails and IPs and wait for them to age (tor is great for this). The key is to try to keep everything separated and easy. You don't want someone's mistake compromising you and your other buyers accounts. Separate everything, then sell individually.
    Last edited by Infiniti; 06-23-2017 at 11:29 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infiniti For This Useful Post:

Meepit (06-23-2017),paris hilton (06-23-2017),Stardust (06-25-2017),TheButt (06-23-2017)