Thread: I mean, Summer classes suck right?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m

I mean, Summer classes suck right?

I hate taking summer classes, but I'm super close to graduating so I figured why not. Spent 45mins on this quiz, apparently missed two. This is the shit I "missed".

(you need an account to see links)

The first is just a wtf, the second, why would an abbreviation be correct over what it stands for?

Obviously I'll be emailing my instructor, but I hope this isn't a sign for the rest of the semester.

/end rant
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    This is why I dislike online courses or tests, that's ridiculous :/
    I'm sure those will be considered as correct after you talk with your instructor, but still, what a pain in the ass to even have to mail them to address the issue, when it shouldn't have happened at all

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Yes summer classes are shitty. Taking 2 of the biggest courses I'll need for my Master's right now. It's a long, shitty 5 weeks. Those questions are pretty messed up.. mine isn't quite that specific (going for my Masters in Accounting) as most of mine round within 0.5%-1% up or down when it is a more open ended with multiple calcs within the problem.

What was wrong with the first one? I see the second one only wanted the abbreviation but the first one looks identical? Unless you hit a space after the last word which threw it off. Which is still BS if so.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Yeah not too happy. My other two assignments had the option to retake them one additional time, this one doesn't have that option of course

Just checked, there are no spaces in the first one. x.x That was my guess too, but nope.

Two classes in 5 weeks? Jeez. I have a lot of work in this one class in 8 weeks. I can't even imagine doing two in five.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    That's strange haha no idea why your first one is wrong then!

And yup, 2 summer sessions 5 weeks long each. Luckily only one class in the upcoming session. There's a lot of to these classes too since it's essentially CPA prep as the classes hone in on the 4 sections of the CPA exam. I'm just trying to get through them though... I'll study for the CPA exam separately when these classes all finish up next year.
    Good luck with the rest of yours! It will end before you know it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I took the very last class I needed for my degreee last summer and it was such a pain. Hybrid, so I only had to go once a week- if I wanted to. But still! Send the teacher an email if the questions are like that. That's what I usually did. As long as you provide support for what you think the issue is, they may side with you and award points. Can't hurt to try!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    As someone who both took summer classes and taught them at a university, I can give one piece of advice--communicate with your professor/instructor, and if it is an in-person class, visit them and talk with them--they are people too, and likely share many of your sentiments regarding summer classes in general. I loved summer classes because of the relationships and connections that I made. It also doesn't hurt that they tend to be great GPA boosters, and class sizes tend to be even smaller than usual.
    Queen Bee

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    It's not grave digging if it's my own thread right?

So long story short, my summer financial aid didn't go through so guess who's taking this class again right now? So I literally just took this same quiz, and I remembered this post so I switched my answers to what they listed as correct. To my surprise, they're still wrong.

(you need an account to see links)

Literally the opposite answers I chose the first time which were correct, but marked wrong. So I switched them to what was graded as correct before, and they're still wrong. Like wtf...