82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m

Paypal Question

Has anyone ever tried sending money using a credit card in Paypal? Any problems I should expect with my bank an/or Paypal?

Long story short, I have had "issues" with Paypal in the past. They froze/limited my account and I coudnt get my money out for over 5 months! It was so random as well. Their customer service was so rude and keeps giving me bullshit. I really needed the money at that time haha.

I figured ill just use my Visa to transfer/send cash. That way I woudnt have to actually send my money to paypal and risk it being stuck again for months.

All I know is that there would be extra fees but Im willing to pay those no problem considering my experience.

I really appreciate if someone has experienced going through this process with paypal.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    79d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I've never used a credit card but I use me bank/debit card fine so I figure it would work the same as a debit card?

is it spooky season yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Targaryen For This Useful Post:

Jeongyeon (06-11-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I have used visa to pay for stuff by paypal, everytime I run out of paypal cash, it goes to taking money out of the visa I have attached to my account. Never had any problems with it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Jeongyeon (06-11-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafeonQueen View Post
    I've never used a credit card but I use me bank/debit card fine so I figure it would work the same as a debit card?
    Yea. But debit cards use the balance you have in your bank itself right? On the other hand, CC uses the credits available to your card (whatever your limit is). Just want to make sure theres no problem using credits from my CC to send money through paypal. I mean I will pay it right away...

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I have used visa to pay for stuff by paypal, everytime I run out of paypal cash, it goes to taking money out of the visa I have attached to my account. Never had any problems with it.
    Is that a direct purchase from a CC or have you tried sending money to someone not from your paypal balance but directly from your visa?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post

Is that a direct purchase from a CC or have you tried sending money to someone not from your paypal balance but directly from your visa?
    I have sent money with paypal to another person and when I don't have paypal balance, it takes it from the visa and sends the payment. Or, if I have 3$ in paypal and I need to send 5$, it sends the 3$ from the balance and the 2$ from the visa. It works in both ways

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (06-11-2017),Jeongyeon (06-11-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    There are no limits on sending with a Visa CC through PayPal. You may encounter fees associated with credit card funded payments (I believe through Friends & Family).

As far as you saying "Their customer service was so rude and keeps giving me bullshit." Do you mean you're still having difficulties? Did you create a new account? I know that you could have trouble being associated with your previous account, depending on what the issue is. But just sending credit card funded payments shouldn't cause any concern.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Persephone For This Useful Post:

Jeongyeon (06-11-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    There are no limits on sending with a Visa CC through PayPal. You may encounter fees associated with credit card funded payments (I believe through Friends & Family).

As far as you saying "Their customer service was so rude and keeps giving me bullshit." Do you mean you're still having difficulties? Did you create a new account? I know that you could have trouble being associated with your previous account, depending on what the issue is. But just sending credit card funded payments shouldn't cause any concern.
    Yea.. I am aware of the fees associated with sending money through a CC.

I am not stupid enough to link my previous account from my new one
    They permanently limited my original paypal years ago for suspicious activities when there is none. All I do with the account is buy things from ebay. I talked to several of their people on the phone and they kept giving me the run around. The last one I talked to even blamed me for some reason. To this dday, I still dont know wtf happened lol

My initial concern is the sending money through CC by paypal. I thought it would raise some red flags from my own bank or something.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
    Yea.. I am aware of the fees associated with sending money through a CC.

I am not stupid enough to link my previous account from my new one
    They permanently limited my original paypal years ago for suspicious activities when there is none. All I do with the account is buy things from ebay. I talked to several of their people on the phone and they kept giving me the run around. The last one I talked to even blamed me for some reason. To this dday, I still dont know wtf happened lol

My initial concern is the sending money through CC by paypal. I thought it would raise some red flags from my own bank or something.
    I wasn't trying to insinuate that you might be I'm just saying PayPal screens accounts for same name/address/phone number/computer logins/selling and buying patterns as well as by financials

But nope, loads of people send money through PP every day with their credit card without concern