Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Have you ever played Overwatch?

Hi, guys!
    So I've been thinking on buying myself a copy of Overwatch because, based on the Youtube videos I've watched, it seems to be a really fun game.

Does anyone here plays it too? =)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    547/9
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    82d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I've never played it though some friends irl do, according to them it's a "must have" game if you're into FPS games that is!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm not an FPS gamer, so it's not my sort of thing. If you like TF2 though, I'd say to give it a go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    They had free to play weekend this weekend.

I highly recommend it - it's a wonderful game. It always stays fresh too due to so many heroes and custom game options.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    One of my friends at work suggested I get it. I know a few people who play the PC version but idk if my laptop could handle it lol. I'd probably get it for Xbox if I were to get it. Heard it's a pretty fun game, I just haven't had the drive to spend the 60 bucks to grab a copy of it yet.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10d 11h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I have it on xbox. I'm not a gamer by any means, but I love this game. Feel free to ask any questions

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    242d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I'm not an FPS gamer, so it's not my sort of thing. If you like TF2 though, I'd say to give it a go.
    I've heard friends who play both games, and they claim Overwatch is waaaaaaay better than TF2. But personally, am a TF2 supporter.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    It's a very good game. Comparing it to Team Fortress is a bit disingenuous as the only similarity they have (and it's a vague one) are the different heroes. It's more like a first person MOBA/ARTS than Team Fortress 2, which is a class-based arena shooter.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    127d 9h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    It is SO much fun! I'm honestly terrible at video games but I really enjoy playing the game, and there are several heroes that are really easy to play.

There are so many different maps, several arcade modes, plus you can create custom games, and the Overwatch team is always coming out with fun events which are typically accompanied by a new arcade mode.

In the standard game mode, you get to play in teams of 6 against another team of 6 people, there's an in-game voice chat system if you enjoy chatting with people while playing video games (or if you want to strategize together), and there are so many different heroes with very different traits (toolboxes) to play with.

If you like to play video games with your real-life (or internet) friends and want to join a game together, then you can from an in-game group together, and the game will place you into matches together (groups can have anywhere from 2 to 6 people).

You don't need to be good at aiming to play, there are several characters that have beams that can target friends/foes over really large fields, and as long as you hold down left-click and keep them in your field of vision (meaning you can still see them on your screen as you/they move around), then you'll maintain the connection and continue to either heal or deal damage to your target(s).

And the great thing is, these heroes aren't even considered to be terrible/useless/trash picks. Mercy is a really popular and powerful healer with insane mobility (can fly from teammate to teammate across huge distances) and has perhaps the most powerful ultimate in the game (can Resurrect potentially all of your teammates). Symmetra has a nearly 100% win rate when played on Defense on the appropriate maps, and it's also insanely fun to just plant turrets along a commonly used doorway and watch as they fry people to death while you're on the complete other side of the map. And Winston is a valuable tank and "disrupter" for dive team compositions (he's a meta pick, regularly used even at the competitive eSports level!)

But if you have really good aim, then there are plenty of characters who are good for that, too! Some heroes require that you have reeeally good aim and positioning if you intend to be a useful/viable teammate.

And if you just want to randomly spam grenades in the general direction of your foes and potentially deal insane amounts of damage to the enemy team, there's always Junkrat lol

Plus the game is on sale right now since it's Overwatch's 1st anniversary! I think it's $10 off the standard game and $20 off a special deluxe version if you want extra skins (extra "looks" for your heroes) and stuff.

I've heard several people tell me they hate FPS games, and then they tried Overwatch and LOVED it and became regular players (my boyfriend and myself included)! But if anyone's not really into combat-related games and is more of a puzzle/dress-up/racing game junkie or something more along those lines, then the experiences I had may not ring true for you
    Last edited by Foxglove; 05-30-2017 at 02:05 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

athron (07-02-2017)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I love playing Overwatch with my girlfriend!
    I'd definitely buy it... although avoid competitive unless you're good at the game, since a lot of people in there are elitist jerks.

Make sure you have a good PC for it, though. Mine is kinda crappy, and it makes Overwatch look like a Nintendo DS game...