Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you had any "glitch in the matrix" experiences?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    @(you need an account to see links) thanks for sharing the article, thats very intriguing. im going to check it out.

@(you need an account to see links) that happens to me a lot too, i always wake up before the good part. i think thats an occurrence most people experience, but its unfortunate

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clair View Post
    Not my own personal experience but it is relevant:

I didn't know this until recently, I found out through a class, that the Matrix is based on the personal psychotic experiences of Philip K Dick, probably the most influential scifi writer ever. His experience overlaps with the feelings of "unreality" that are very common to those who suffer from psychosis experiences. I would argue that his experience is also related to a "solipsistic delusion" where you believe you are the only person left in the world (in true reality).

�We are living in a computer-programmed reality, and the only clue we have to it is when some variable is changed, and some alteration in our reality occurs.� These alterations feel just like d�j� vu, says Dick, a sensation that proves that "a variable has been changed" (by whom�note the passive voice�he does not say) and �an alternative world branched off.� (Note this was in the 70's, decades before the Matrix was released.)

(you need an account to see links)

Article about it if anyone is interested He wrote like an 800 page book as well describing his experience and trying to make sense of it.
    I didn't know that about Philip K Dick. Man, I've really enjoyed some of his books. Interesting article, thanks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I can't speak for events myself but I can at least bring to light some impressive mind-benders that scientists have come across. The double slit experiment comes to mind as a simple concept but challenging to accept concept. Here's a simple animation to help with the idea:

(you need an account to see links)

There are also some even more significantly interesting versions where decisions to observe are delayed past the "decision point" but the results still don't falter. I overall think these types of experiments point to the natural reaction that there is more to the universe we inhabit than we realize. I would even think that we could even consider reevaluating our most fundamental beliefs based on observation to learn more. To me this experiment seems to either destroy free will in that everything was predetermined or time travel occurred (the un-shown delayed decision experiment) but as I stated, I think it's quite likely I'm limited in my understanding of these results and would benefit from reevaluating the possible explanations. Although this is a mindset already taken from those in this field and expanded upon with less epic feeling results, I'm not a physicist but I feel experiments like these seems to blend the lines between what's artificial and real which in itself seems to make for great "glitch moments" for me.
    Last edited by tcas4200; 05-30-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    This is certainly an interesting topic. I have a long-lost memory in my mind from my childhood my parents can't confirm or deny - honestly, I've forgotten most of it except the distinct sound of sirens. Maybe it's a weird version of this glitch or we lived way closer to some paramedics than I thought.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've read a lot about it but nothing like this happened to me yet. I'm in a group on fb about stuff like that and the posts keep me awake at night haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I don't know if you can call it glitch, I think "paranormal experience" would be more accurate. I experienced something as a child that I still can't understand.

Little 5/6 years old me playing in my room all by myself. Suddenly I hear the church's bell. As it gets louder it started to scare me and I began to cry.
    I can't explain what I felt at that moment but something didn't feel right. As I continued crying my mum and grandma came into the room.
    All I could say was "I hear bells". Both of them were confused, apparently I was the only one able to hear the bells ring. They took me into another room and the bell sounds stopped. The next day my great-granddad passed away.

There's no way to explain how I felt that day and how shocked everyone was.

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I've had one of these, actually, at least sort of!

When I was a very little girl, I had this recurring dream of running through a cornfield in winter. It was a bit snowy, and the field was surrounded by trees. On one side, you could see the field slope away, which gave a nice view of a valley with a road running through it. I'd never been to this place, never seen anything like it.

Some years later, when I was eight, we left the country in late October to go visit family in Washington DC. My mother and I drove around rural Maryland for a while, and we stopped at a park. There were hiking trails, and we decided to go for a walk... we ended up in that field. I remember being quite shocked, and a bit spooked, when I realized exactly where I was. We'd never been there before, and I haven't been back since, but I find myself really wanting to go see the field again.

I know there's a reasonable explanation for the entire thing (my mum's a neuropsychologist and had several to offer), but I still love how delightfully creepy it makes me feel when I think about it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The geographical location of New Zealand is a really popular one and one I've experienced. It was up near Queensland, not down south. I vividly remember learning about it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I keep experiencing Skechers changing.. First Sketchers, then Scechers, now Skechers...

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Great topic!

I've had many glitches, but the more aware I've become of them, the more they seem to occur. Some believe that they're always that consistent, and one's perception is the variable rather than the glitch itself, as the controlled variable. We live in an inverted reality, where duality is used in reverse, to maintain the Matrix that we undoubtedly live in.

Consider the allegory of "Adam and Eve." Eve's choice to eat of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, after the serpent planted the seed of doubt, is the beginning of the Inverted reality. The promise of the serpent immediately separated (wo)man from God the father, and duality was born. The inverted reality. Designed by falsehoods, the Matrix was built.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TtotheJ; 06-18-2017 at 10:20 PM.