Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I do not miss high school whatsoever. I was an introvert and going to a high school (Beverly Hills High School) where so many kids felt entitled was harder for me. I was either made fun of and I did not click into any of the crowds. I also did not come from a wealthy family, so I could not relate to many of the kids. Since I've graduated, the school system has gone downhill and I'm not surprised.

I do miss not having as many responsibilities but if I had to go back, I would start working immediately and work towards my goals.
    Of course, I did not have that mentality back then.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    17d 4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    In the wise words of one of my favorite Sarah Anderson comics (Sarah's Scribbles are amazing), I still have nightmares but they're fading. So many times over the years I've dreamt that I ended up back in school. Somehow I didn't have enough credits to graduate, skipped like a whole school year, or was so behind on all of my homework and didn't even know what books to bring.

In reality, highschool wasn't too bad. Hung out with the other weirdos in ROTC, got decent grades, and managed to avoid a fair amount of drama.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't miss high-school, at all. I was continuously surrounded by people who were out to get me, make me seem horrible. Basically, ruined my mental health for the next 10 years (lol). I had a lot of usual teen drama growing up, it was so horrible. I was hanging out with people who i thought were my friends but literally would shit on me the next chance they got, I didn't have very many friends towards the end. My anger issues had spiraled, i became more disrespectful to my teachers and classmates, I was a genuine kid around a bunch of snakes, if i didn't like something id say and apparently that caused a lot of remarks around the type of person i was. As desp as i was to fit in, it just wasn't me. After I left high school, I made a wrong choice and went to a local college where most of my high schoolers attended, spent a year there and eventually thought it was time to get out, I attended a uni/college an hour from where i live now and its been better, I'm very outspoken and sometimes that gets me into a lot of shit. x__x

Now, im at uni i do miss high-school in terms of the support we'd get with our work, and all of a sudden all of this freedom, like nobody really cares as much as its university, so essentially your responsible for your own learning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveOfMySoul For This Useful Post:

Teal (02-10-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveOfMySoul View Post
    I don't miss high-school, at all. I was continuously surrounded by people who were out to get me, make me seem horrible. Basically, ruined my mental health for the next 10 years (lol). I had a lot of usual teen drama growing up, it was so horrible. I was hanging out with people who i thought were my friends but literally would shit on me the next chance they got, I didn't have very many friends towards the end. My anger issues had spiraled, i became more disrespectful to my teachers and classmates, I was a genuine kid around a bunch of snakes, if i didn't like something id say and apparently that caused a lot of remarks around the type of person i was. As desp as i was to fit in, it just wasn't me. After I left high school, I made a wrong choice and went to a local college where most of my high schoolers attended, spent a year there and eventually thought it was time to get out, I attended a uni/college an hour from where i live now and its been better, I'm very outspoken and sometimes that gets me into a lot of shit. x__x

Now, im at uni i do miss high-school in terms of the support we'd get with our work, and all of a sudden all of this freedom, like nobody really cares as much as its university, so essentially your responsible for your own learning.
    I relate to this quite a bit. I went to a local college after high school and felt completely lost. The counselors were incredibly unhelpful too. Ran into the same people from high school, bleh.

I go to a commuter college now and everyone goes in, gets out, and that's it. Hard to connect really. Counselors still are terrible.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    17d 4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I feel this. Except, in my case, a lot of my asshole classmates ended up at the local uni (which my family insisted I go to, instead of my choice college). I eventually developed intense agoraphobia that went away when I quit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Choconilla View Post
    I feel this. Except, in my case, a lot of my asshole classmates ended up at the local uni (which my family insisted I go to, instead of my choice college). I eventually developed intense agoraphobia that went away when I quit.
    Parents and their freakin' input lol. My dad made me go to the local college. >__>

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

If it was my choice, I would have went out-of-state tbh.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    17d 4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Parents and their freakin' input lol. My dad made me go to the local college. >__>

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

If it was my choice, I would have went out-of-state tbh.
    I couldn't drive at the time (dealing with way too much life stuff to get license) and my aunt's thoughts (cause my rents weren't in my life) was that I would be too far away from everyone and them too much. So I should go to local college so they'd be within 5 minutes driving distance. ...family logic tho.
    Last edited by Eed; 02-10-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    High school totally sucked. My junior year math teacher made me hate math, when I loved it before that. Kinda sad, actually.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to voidpup For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (02-18-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Nope, not at all, much less freedom back then compared to today

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by voidpup View Post
    High school totally sucked. My junior year math teacher made me hate math, when I loved it before that. Kinda sad, actually.
    I feel.

I hate math to a point where I can't even do basics very well.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata