61/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

BRIDEZILLA'S!

Post stories if you were one, or have you experienced one. Better yet, do you know of any wedding called off because of a brides bad behaviour?

The last wedding i was a bridesmaid at, I was asked to dye my red hair back to my natural brown, and had to have neutral nail polish on the day. Oh and if i didn't pay $100 to use her makeup artist i was out of the wedding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bela Lugosi For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I've been fortunate enough to have never experienced this. Everyone I'm close to knows I think weddings are a waste of money, and has a tendency to bring out stupid, embarrassing behavior. I don't regret going to the courthouse and opting out of a wedding altogether.

Anyone demanding you to change your appearance (other than wearing a dress/tux) to be in their wedding party is the ultimate asshat. Ehhhf you! If someone implied I wasn't good enough just the way I am, I'd drop them as a friend on the spot.

I love hearing Bridezilla stories though. The money and social/sentimental pressure lets you know what people are really like under their everyday facade.
    Last edited by Sugar Rush; 05-27-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Haha, but really though. I don't know any. I've never been really involved in any wedding though..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I was a bridesmaid at my BFF's wedding last fall. She was largely even keeled but there were a feel instances where she lost her cool on one particular bridesmaid who was more concerned with retouching her hair multiple times an hour than helping with wedding preparations. In her defense, the wedding day is about the bride and not the bridesmaid. My own hair was deflating and I didn't retouch it because I didn't want to stray from my duties.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by unknowable View Post
    I was a bridesmaid at my BFF's wedding last fall. She was largely even keeled but there were a feel instances where she lost her cool on one particular bridesmaid who was more concerned with retouching her hair multiple times an hour than helping with wedding preparations. In her defense, the wedding day is about the bride and not the bridesmaid. My own hair was deflating and I didn't retouch it because I didn't want to stray from my duties.
    What do you mean wedding preps? What traditionally is the bridesmaid expected to do in America (I'm assuming?!)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by belalugoisi View Post
    What do you mean wedding preps? What traditionally is the bridesmaid expected to do in America (I'm assuming?!)
    There was a videographer there and we had to do interviews. Plus, the bride was in a huge gown and was unable to do many things for herself. Things like getting water when she was thirsty, using the toilet, fetching things, directing workers. It was an 1800s estate with very narrow hallways and squeezing the gown through was a task in itself. Also there was a photoshoot and it was pretty labor intensive. The one girl kept wandering off to fix her hair in the bridesmaid chamber inside the house when we were supposed to be doing photos on the grounds and my BFF was getting mega pissed.
    If only my brain worked as hard as my liver.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to unknowable For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I was just attending my brother-in-law's wedding as a guest of the family, however the bride required certain dress/hairstyle/makeup and photographs to be taken. I knew she would do that kind of stuff though so I didn't mind
    I like to think my own wedding was super laid back, it was a destination wedding lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    my sister got married in vegas, it was a very chill day

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unknowable View Post
    There was a videographer there and we had to do interviews. Plus, the bride was in a huge gown and was unable to do many things for herself. Things like getting water when she was thirsty, using the toilet, fetching things, directing workers. It was an 1800s estate with very narrow hallways and squeezing the gown through was a task in itself. Also there was a photoshoot and it was pretty labor intensive. The one girl kept wandering off to fix her hair in the bridesmaid chamber inside the house when we were supposed to be doing photos on the grounds and my BFF was getting mega pissed.
    Yeah, i'm never doing the huge gown, its not worth it, i like the freedom of using the loo by myself! lols.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rowling View Post
    I was just attending my brother-in-law's wedding as a guest of the family, however the bride required certain dress/hairstyle/makeup and photographs to be taken. I knew she would do that kind of stuff though so I didn't mind
    I like to think my own wedding was super laid back, it was a destination wedding lol.

Do you mean certain dress/hairstyle/makeup and photographs for the wedding party or for the family as well?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bela Lugosi View Post
    Do you mean certain dress/hairstyle/makeup and photographs for the wedding party or for the family as well?
    Family as well. I wasn't a bridesmaid or actually in their wedding.
    When it came to mine, I let my sister who was my only maid of honor/bridesmaid pick out basically what she wanted to wear and in what color. And her hair/makeup. It was a beach wedding so as long as everyone was comfy I didn't care

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowling For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-27-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I haven't attended many weddings to be honest, but I have a small story.

So, my boyfriend, he has a group of 4 close friends who have known each other their entire life. One of them got engaged and the bride-to-be started to change as soon as the ring was on her finger. She got mad every time he wanted to hang out with his friends, she would get mad only by seeing him drink a beer, she changed the date of the wedding to a closer one (like, if it was in July of 2018, she decided to have it in November of this year instead)... idk, she became crazy and tried to get married right away and didn't like to see the man doing nothing of what he used to do before.

Marriage hysteria, idk

He dumped her.