15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    It's not just that comment. Its almost every post you make. It's like you're purposely trying to stir the pot and get reactions out of people. I get you're ridiculously opinionated but relax lol.
    I still have no idea what I've said that would give you that impression. Don't flood the OP's thread please.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    May as well kickstart your thread with a real question then.

How do you feel about those gays who run around half-naked in parades, reinforcing all the negative stereotypes?
    In parades? I don't approve because people want to bring their families there, plus it gives people the idea that it's all the LGBT community is. I've seen people in straight up bondage gear at pride parades. I can't condone that, these parades are for equality, not to flaunt what you got.

In other places without children around? I don't really care what they do to be honest.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I don't understand how you complain about things and reply to every post and every thread with passive aggressive arguments and comments.
    I don't understand where the passive aggression is.

But I also have literal autism so I take everything at face value and can't really read into that kinda stuff.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (06-03-2017),paris hilton (06-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    I don't want to sound nasty or anything but I've never seen people bringing their families to parades.
    At least where I live, it's just a bunch of single man without shirts and micro shorts.

But to be honest, I don't see the point of having a parade but maybe that's just me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    29d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post
    I don't want to sound nasty or anything but I've never seen people bringing their families to parades.
    At least where I live, it's just a bunch of single man without shirts and micro shorts.

But to be honest, I don't see the point of having a parade but maybe that's just me.
    If you were threatened/oppressed for years and suddenly had the chance to be as flamboyant/unfiltered/the real you as you wanted, wouldn't you take the opportunity?
    Especially transgender people (specifically trans women) are constantly living their lives in fear, are threatened repeatedly by transphobic people.
    The amount of hate and harm that falls onto the laps of people genuinely just trying to be themselves is unbelievable. The amount of suicide and hate crimes.. it's fucked.
    Keep in mind these are human beings with real emotions just trying to be comfortable in their own skin.

These parades/events finally give a SAFE place for these people to be themselves. They can wear the skirt that makes them feel pretty without feeling unsafe or judged.
    I don't think anyone really has the right to speculate or question whether or not these parades are necessary? Feeling safe is necessary, avoiding hate crimes is necessary.
    Even if it's only for a single day, or whatever, it's relief knowing you can go out dressed however you want, be whoever you really are without potentially being hurt.

Just my opinion.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curse For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017),DJ Music Man (06-03-2017),Howl (06-22-2017),Mindfang (06-03-2017),Persephone (06-08-2017)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

I don't mind if they're not wearing shirts. That's not a problem. The one locally had people bringing their families for support, so maybe it just varies by location?

I see the point of pride parades being a little nice to have, I personally don't really go to them because I don't care. But I can see why they exist and why people like them.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    If you were threatened/oppressed for years and suddenly had the chance to be as flamboyant/unfiltered/the real you as you wanted, wouldn't you take the opportunity?
    Especially transgender people (specifically trans women) are constantly living their lives in fear, are threatened repeatedly by transphobic people.
    The amount of hate and harm that falls onto the laps of people genuinely just trying to be themselves is unbelievable. The amount of suicide and hate crimes.. it's fucked.
    Keep in mind these are human beings with real emotions just trying to be comfortable in their own skin.

These parades/events finally give a SAFE place for these people to be themselves. They can wear the skirt that makes them feel pretty without feeling unsafe or judged.
    I don't think anyone really has the right to speculate or question whether or not these parades are necessary? Feeling safe is necessary, avoiding hate crimes is necessary.
    Even if it's only for a single day, or whatever, it's relief knowing you can go out dressed however you want, be whoever you really are without potentially being hurt.

Just my opinion.
    My beloved one (and no honey, I'm not being sarcastic or anything), I get what you mean!
    The parades I've seen are basically a whole bunch of people walking half-naked in the middle of the street where some of them perform explicit stuff, that's what I don't like ! If the whole event is just for this than it shouldn't really happen.

But if you're a guy/girl and wants to wear a super fabulous rainbow skirt/shirt/whatever, feel free but just don't do obscene things in public.

Edit: I've been threatened/oppressed for years and also thought about killing myself because of being gay but I didn't went out on a parade with just a thong covering my front parts out in public.
    If people want to go out like that, good for them, but at least for me, it's not something nice.
    Last edited by athron; 05-26-2017 at 04:49 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to athron For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (05-26-2017)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    My beloved one (and no honey, I'm not being sarcastic or anything), I get what you mean!
    The parades I've seen are basically a whole bunch of people walking half-naked in the middle of the street where some of them perform explicit stuff, that's what I don't like ! If the whole event is just for this than it shouldn't really happen.

But if you're a guy/girl and wants to wear a super fabulous rainbow skirt/shirt/whatever, feel free but just don't do obscene things in public.
    Yes, that's basically what I was trying to say too.

People should have pride parades if they want/need them. But it's not a sex show.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017),DJ Music Man (06-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    29d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Heterosexual people do obscene things in public too, though? I think this is very much a generalized statement that really shouldn't be focused on homosexuality/etc.
    It's just a general rule of humanity: Don't do inappropriate things in public.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curse For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017),DJ Music Man (06-03-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Heterosexual people do obscene things in public too, though? I think this is very much a generalized statement that really shouldn't be focused on homosexuality/etc.
    Exactly!
    We were talking about gay people so that's why it went that way but seriously, that applies to everyone.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply I thought it was okay for heterosexual, or any other group of people to do that in public. I just meant for the topic at hand.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the things I've seen in public, from both gay and straight couples. Mostly because I used to be a janitor and I'd have to clean up after them.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg