14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone View Post
    My female cousin is homosexual and she dresses up in a very masculine way. I'm not close enough to ask her any questions and I have nothing against her sexuality. She has short hair and styles herself in men clothes? Would anyone know if they shop the men section or just pick out female clothes that look very masculine? Do they ever get mistaken as a guy when they're in the female restroom because they look too handsome or masculine?
    It definitely varies, I was with a girl who mixed it up a lot. She wore a lot of mens clothes, or wear a womens shirt and mens jeans, etc, but she'd wear dresses or form fitting outfits occasionally too. I have friends who would never be caught dead in womens clothes. A few of them have definitely been called sir, but as far as I know never had any bathroom confrontations.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Demri For This Useful Post:

oneone (05-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryFae View Post
    It definitely varies, I was with a girl who mixed it up a lot. She wore a lot of mens clothes, or wear a womens shirt and mens jeans, etc, but she'd wear dresses or form fitting outfits occasionally too. I have friends who would never be caught dead in womens clothes. A few of them have definitely been called sir, but as far as I know never had any bathroom confrontations.
    Did they find it offensive to be called sir or did they not mind because that's the appeal they were going for?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oneone For This Useful Post:

Demri (05-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    15h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't understand this. I view everyone as an equal.. I'm so tired of labels.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone View Post
    Did they find it offensive to be called sir or did they not mind because that's the appeal they were going for?
    Not offended, easy to see how it could be confused, but they are women and preferred to be referred to as that. They just aren't traditionally feminine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Demri For This Useful Post:

oneone (05-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Alright, I have a question.

Where do you draw the line between a butch lesbian and a trans man? Would it be offensive to a butch lesbian to be asked if they've considered the possibility?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Rush View Post

Where do you draw the line between a butch lesbian and a trans man? Would it be offensive to a butch lesbian to be asked if they've considered the possibility?
    A butch lesbian still identifies as a woman, a trans man identifies as male.

Butch lesbians are typically offended by that, I wouldn't ask unless you were extremely close.
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 05-27-2017 at 11:04 AM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Rush View Post

depends on how they identify. identify as female? butch lesbian. identify as male? trans man. how they dress and act doesnt matter, its all down to how they identify.

Quote Originally Posted by kayleeray View Post
    I don't understand this. I view everyone as an equal.. I'm so tired of labels.
    didnt ask

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    I have a question, and it has actually come across my desk at a school where I worked. Names changed obviously.

There was a child, Sam, in the 6th grade at my last work place. I will give as much background as I can that I think might help to answer. He never had much internet supervision. He basically did what he wanted because mom was a raging whore and dad was always working. Kind of a sad childhood based on his background paperwork. Anyhoo, child has access to the internet, snapchat, instagram, all of it with no parental discretion. Sam suddenly decides he is a girl.

When asked about it with school psychologist, he says "he just feels like a girl" then states he enjoys dolls, dresses, and makeup. Nothing wrong with that because growing up I liked monster trucks, helping my dad in the garage, and beating up boys. No big deal. Except, instead of discussing with him that his hobbies don't make him a "girl", the therapist is already starting her doctorate thesis on this magical transgendered child she found and is helping transition and mom is just loving this. Her special "girl" is coming out and everyone is just fawning all over this kid. A week after Sam saw the school psychologist (not a doctor, mind you), both mom and psychologist are demanding the class call Sam, Samantha and respect her new pronouns. Any bullying is immediate suspension. And let me tell you, there were suspensions.

Now, I'm gone from that place, I just moved, but I keep in contact with most of my teacher buddies and Sam is currently being seen by a doctor to get hormones to transition during puberty.

My question is: How on earth is this ok? He's a 12 year old CHILD. They aren't even responsible enough to do their homework. Kids are under guardianship until they're 18 for a reason... because they're stupid. They don't know what they want. They can't formulate complicated decisions, they're just incapable. What if when he turns 17 or 18 or even 21 and he realizes what a mistake he made?? You can't bounce back from that. Isn't there an age limit for what's allowed? His mother is riding this "my child is special ergo so am I, look-at-how-tolerant-i-am" and the school psychologist is a fucking moron. Doesn't anyone care about the future well-being of children being given these life-altering drugs without regard to the fact that they're too young to make this kind of decision?

Edit for the internet usage clarification: He told his teacher that someone on the internet told him he was a girl trapped in a boy's body and he "needed" to switch or he'd be unhappy.
    i came out multiple times as trans when i was going through my childhood. it was only when i was 16 and finally put my foot down that i was allowed to transition. my first time coming out was when i was 6, and i was told i was wrong because i was too young. then i did it again when i was 8, and told the same, and again when i was 12, 14, and 15. please believe me and many others when i say children know. telling them theyre wrong only makes things worse for them in the long run imo. im still so filled with doubt over myself because i was told i was wrong about myself for so long, and yet ive never been happier with myself as a person as i am now that ive transitioned. if i was allowed to transition as a child, or at least given hormone blockers until i figured it all out for myself, then i wouldnt have wasted most of my life wanting to kill myself out of confusion and gender dysphoria.

im late to this thread and im glad i am because whoever the fuck that "huhuh why do u have to mention ur lgbt all da thyme xD" clown really pissed me off. heres a question: how can cishet freaks like that not go 10 seconds without spewing some dumbass shit out their damn mouths?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Corvid (06-16-2017),Saturn (06-03-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    21d 5h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    A question for transgenders:

When you started to feel like you didn't were meant to be the gender you were born?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kadoatie View Post
    A question for transgenders:

When you started to feel like you didn't were meant to be the gender you were born?
    In my absolute earliest memories.

To the point where I was young enough that I thought people were born one gender and grew up into another. I figured it'd be the only reason why I'd feel that way, of course nothing was wrong with me. My world was shattered when I learned this wasn't true. I grew up in a really religious family and I wasn't sure what to do with myself or what it even meant. And from what everyone was telling me, people who felt this way didn't exist. I was bad, wrong and needed to stop talking about it, so I did. I grew up really isolated and alone as it was. That only set me apart further from everyone else. I thought it just meant I was gay, but that wasn't true either. I didn't really have a preference for my partner and thought that was just me being confused on top of it.

Eventually, I decided to open up to someone I was close to after I turned 18. And they talked me through everything I was feeling and told me what transgender people were. (This was before the internet was really a common thing to have where I lived so I couldn't really just look it up myself.) I still can't come out of the closet irl because of my family and the fact that I'm waiting to move in with my partner. But after I move out top priority is starting my transition tbh.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

kadoatie (06-07-2017),kittyray (06-04-2017)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Can I just ask an honest meta question? Why this thread? Honestly, this just brought out the jackasses who have problems with the LBGT+ community out, I feel less safe now after learning that they hang around here too. Signed, an honest pan.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Music Man For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-04-2017)