DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Is anything ever safe from those douche buckets? The Pink Panther is practically their theme song.
    If only my brain worked as hard as my liver.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikimaru View Post
    I totally agree. When I started reading this term, I thought it meant the opposite. I remember someone had a thread "buying PC safe pets", and then I thought that nobody would want a pet that has been already exposed to the PC and PMed the person. Wanting a "PC safe" pet makes no sense to me at all.
    If a pet was really "PC safe," it would be taken off a long-dead account and shown to absolutely nobody since.

I guess the logic (to use that term lightly) is that if somebody asks about your pet, you can direct them to a second active player and they can vouch for you. But then why not just do that with the unknown pet I described above, get on an old shell and pretend to be somebody else? Or tell them the original owner was frozen? Or just not reply at all?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (05-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    120d 15h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    If a pet was really "PC safe," it would be taken off a long-dead account and shown to absolutely nobody since.

I guess the logic (to use that term lightly) is that if somebody asks about your pet, you can direct them to a second active player and they can vouch for you. But then why not just do that with the unknown pet I described above, get on an old shell and pretend to be somebody else? Or tell them the original owner was frozen? Or just not reply at all?
    Yeah, that's my thought as well. I would never want a pet previously seen on the boards unless I traded legitly for it. I don't think introducing a new pet to the PC is that hard now anyway.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    19d 17h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    This is just my own personal opinion, but I would use the term "pc safe" when I had a pet that I legitimately traded for on the PC, and wanted to find another user here on cK that also had a legit pet that could be safely traded between us. In other words, trading a pet that's already been around the PC for another pet that has been around the PC. I wanted to avoid trading a PC-traded UC with a pet from a compromised account.
    I don't think that "pc safe" should add any value to a pet though, I agree that if I was not known on the PC, I would avoid "pc safe" at all costs. I think it's all down to just personal preference and the situation.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, I'm tired.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    This is just my own personal opinion, but I would use the term "pc safe" when I had a pet that I legitimately traded for on the PC, and wanted to find another user here on cK that also had a legit pet that could be safely traded between us. In other words, trading a pet that's already been around the PC for another pet that has been around the PC. I wanted to avoid trading a PC-traded UC with a pet from a compromised account.
    I don't think that "pc safe" should add any value to a pet though, I agree that if I was not known on the PC, I would avoid "pc safe" at all costs. I think it's all down to just personal preference and the situation.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, I'm tired.
    I agree with what you're saying. If somebody is looking to actually trade pets here on ck, then having a "pc safe" pet would actually be a good thing. If they are looking to sell the pet for USD, that is where the issue come in.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    95 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    It really depends on what you're trying to do with the pet. If you're on the boards frequently and are trying to fake trade-up, PC-safe pets are the safer bet (as opposed to trading up with completely unknown UCs).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    "PC-safe" I consider to be pets that have been traded around the PC a lot. It is NOT PC safe, no UC is safe from the cesspool that is the PC. It more accurately "PC Known". (I would really like to change the phrase to this because PC safe is misleading)

The reason why this is sometimes important is because people on the PC will report any UC they are not familiar with or submit a ticket after the trade if you try to trade, unless the pet is one of those poor ones that gets bounced from person to person for ages. If it's a new UC on the block, bam mass reporting. There are still groups chats out there that literally the entire purpose is to get together and report UCs. And if a new UC comes around then it's gonna be a major target.

However, which one is better, PC known vs unknown, is completely dependent on the situation.

If you have a new main account and you want UCs on it you DEFINITELY want an unknown pet. You wanna move all your UCs on there then secure and introduce as a whole VERY slowly. This is the best way if you want high end pets IMO. Moving UC PRDK onto an already known account and going on the boards is pretty much asking to be frozen. It took me years of just keeping the pets on my account before I even posted anywhere or let anyone see my account.

If your account is already out and about and active on the boards, you have NFs, etc. People will be like oh yeah I've seen that pet which makes them more okay with it. You can usually just say you traded some name for it because name trading is really subjective. However, if it's a UC PRDK this will be a major red flag even if the pet is known. My biggest recommendation is just not do it. If you do you better have a GOOD story worked out, not as much for the people who ask cause people will probs just report instead of ask cause you know these PC bitches are spineless. Have a good story for TNT and present this to them in the form of many neomails back and forth between the accounts. I don't think it matters if the pet is pc known honestly. However, it is SUPER important that the pet has been activated and secured slowly (if it is not legit around the PC already), that the account has been logged into gradually and played with (like dailies, flash games, here and there slowly working up to more active but still no board posting!!) over the course of a couple months. Honestly the activated UC is probs safer than a PC safe one, just don't keep it active and people probs won't even realize cause people hate captchas. You can buy an inactive one on a shell and spend several months activating the pet and then trade with yourself, that way you know it's been done properly with appropriate proxies/VPN and slowly and methodically.

If you want to trade: PC known/Active and secured is a must.

If you want to buy: Inactive vs PC known/active is a toss up. But if it's inactive, it is on you to wait the several months and patiently and properly secure the pet. If you don't have the patience to do all this properly then buying an activated or PC safe or legit pet is better to save you from yourself lol

If your main is unknown: 100% get an unknown, inactive pet. (Active unknown pet is also fine but like I said then you gotta decide if you trust the person who you buy from activated/secured properly) This is the best way to do UCs honestly.

Remember to send neomails people!! Neomails will save your pets.

Also just like . . . check your greed. If you're tryna move 5 UC PRDK level pets onto your active account in a month 100% it's going to ice town and you really have no one to blame but yourself :/

Sorry this was so long winded.
    Last edited by Clair; 05-28-2017 at 12:24 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clair For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (05-28-2017),I_royalty_I (05-28-2017),Isabella (08-22-2017),Ragemodeactivate (05-28-2017)

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeloaders_Soceity View Post
    Loved this one! Darlin, I'm a little old fat RETIRED Grandma with a UC so damn ugly only its Mama could love it. A couple of years ago I tried to trade it on the PC. No one and I mean no one wanted it. I even tried to give it away, No luck. Believe me, the PC made me so darn crazy over the Pet I never went back! Don't you ever worry about seeing THIS Fat lady with more free time on her hands on that board again. Thank you for my chuckle of the day. You kids are great and I love you all dearly.
    I love you mum <3

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daffodil For This Useful Post:

Freeloaders_Soceity (05-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    93d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online