24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    That's how I look at it at least. I'm looking at it from a sellers perspective and people coming to me with the thought that "pc safe" means that they will be safe after buying the pet. It's frustrating when somebody has this notion in their mind when I try to get them to see how inaccurate that thought might be.
    I don't really buy pets but I always thought PC safe was the safest type of UC to buy so this definitely made me look at PC safe UCs in a different way. Thanks for sharing your insight!
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I agree, I bought most of mine and I've been sitting on them for a year + now. I'm pretty active on the boards and get people requesting to trade and have never had anyone question their legitimacy. Probably helps that they're mid tier with bad names, but eh.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Demri For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I guess my preference of "PC Safe" was personal experience/fear. My sister was given a UC by her friend that had quit. We both frequented the PC and her other pets were very low rarity so a lot of suspicion arose at this unknown UC suddenly being hers. Despite proof, she lost all 4 of her accounts within 24 hours. So I always am under the impression that if it's known to be out and being traded/adopted/etc, it's less suspicious, I suppose? Someone offering it to you as a trade wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. It won't be like person a is friends with person b, person b quits playing Neopets 5 years ago and person a still plays. Suddenly one day person a see's person b's Neopets on someone else's account KNOWING they quit. Reports. Even if it's not on the PC. Say in the Notable Neopet, a different forum, casually looking up their friend's account for some nostalgic reason, or what ever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by LackofColor View Post
    I guess my preference of "PC Safe" was personal experience/fear. My sister was given a UC by her friend that had quit. We both frequented the PC and her other pets were very low rarity so a lot of suspicion arose at this unknown UC suddenly being hers. Despite proof, she lost all 4 of her accounts within 24 hours. So I always am under the impression that if it's known to be out and being traded/adopted/etc, it's less suspicious, I suppose? Someone offering it to you as a trade wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities. It won't be like person a is friends with person b, person b quits playing Neopets 5 years ago and person a still plays. Suddenly one day person a see's person b's Neopets on someone else's account KNOWING they quit. Reports. Even if it's not on the PC. Say in the Notable Neopet, a different forum, casually looking up their friend's account for some nostalgic reason, or what ever.
    By the same token - somebody being handed a pet that is known to be up for trade would raise quite a lot of eyebrows, don't you think? If a pet, especially any sort of UC, is up for adoption, I automatically think it's illegit. Why would anybody want to give away their UC for free? If they were to give it away for free, don't you think they would quietly give it to a friend? Or perhaps it would be smarter to try and sell it and at least get some money for the pet.
    A person could still lookup their old friends pet or see it in the notable neopet AND it could be "pc safe" but they could still report the pet. That's a lose lose and a tough situation to be in. The bottom line is that having a pet being "pc safe" doesn't necessary make it SAFE. It simply means the PC knows about the pet.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I think the PC white knights will only go after someone whose account is:

- Too young to have a UC pet,
    - Has a VVVWWN pet (like, short named ones)
    - Is a high tier (T5+)

VBN doesn't seem to spark the attention of them but until today, I've been fine with my UCs and I'm quite active.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post

- Is a high tier (T5+)

VBN doesn't seem to spark the attention of them but until today, I've been fine with my UCs and I'm quite active.
    That limits you pretty severely though haha. A majority of pets fall outside of the T5 brackets.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post

- Is a high tier (T5+)

I have one of the highest tier pets with a decent name, post on the forums and have never been questioned.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    By the same token - somebody being handed a pet that is known to be up for trade would raise quite a lot of eyebrows, don't you think? If a pet, especially any sort of UC, is up for adoption, I automatically think it's illegit. Why would anybody want to give away their UC for free? If they were to give it away for free, don't you think they would quietly give it to a friend? Or perhaps it would be smarter to try and sell it and at least get some money for the pet.
    A person could still lookup their old friends pet or see it in the notable neopet AND it could be "pc safe" but they could still report the pet. That's a lose lose and a tough situation to be in. The bottom line is that having a pet being "pc safe" doesn't necessary make it SAFE. It simply means the PC knows about the pet.
    Crushing my hopes and dreams over here haha. I've only bought one here (years and years ago, lost that account name ): ) and it was super smooth and before the "PC Safe" term. I came back and that term just seemed like the most promising way to do it again, haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by LackofColor View Post
    Crushing my hopes and dreams over here haha. I've only bought one here (years and years ago, lost that account name ): ) and it was super smooth and before the "PC Safe" term. I came back and that term just seemed like the most promising way to do it again, haha.
    I don't mean to crush your hopes and dreams, just clear up some misconceptions. I have seen countless people posting and PMing me asking for PC safe pets thinking the same thing as you. The term is very misleading so hopefully this will help clear things up a bit.

PC safe pets aren't all bad, depending on what you want. You still have to be careful though.

The moment you sell a pet, it instantly becomes illegit. Anything after that is against the rules and as such, doesn't make it 100% "safe" per say

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Oh, well .. I just never seen anyone coming for a user with a young account that had a VWN T2, for example, but maybe times have changed and they'll go after anyone they don't like.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    But does the account age helps to blend in? I mean, yesterday theere was this drama of someone calling out a user who had a UC Mutant Hissi on a 4-month account but fortunately he/she managed to control the situation.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to athron For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (05-26-2017)