15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by LackofColor View Post
    Crushing my hopes and dreams over here haha. I've only bought one here (years and years ago, lost that account name ): ) and it was super smooth and before the "PC Safe" term. I came back and that term just seemed like the most promising way to do it again, haha.
    The only time I've ever been questioned (and it was for a BD pet, not a UC) I just said I traded it. They looked up the account (which was secretly my alt), saw it was frozen and probably stopped caring.

If you really do get grilled just do that. Or send me a PM and I'll give you one of my fifty frozen alts' names.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    160/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    206d 19h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 25m
    I agree.
    As somebody who doesn't visit the boards i want a pet that has never been exposed to the PC or any boards. One people wouldn't look up on a weekly basis just to see what happened to them or if they were traded.
    PC safe for someone like me is an immediate red flag and a do not want.

if im active on the boards than idek. i most likely wouldn't even bother with buying UCs in general.

✧・゚: *✧ (you need an account to see links) ✧*:・゚✧

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Oh, well .. I just never seen anyone coming for a user with a young account that had a VWN T2, for example, but maybe times have changed and they'll go after anyone they don't like.
    @(you need an account to see links)
    But does the account age helps to blend in? I mean, yesterday theere was this drama of someone calling out a user who had a UC Mutant Hissi on a 4-month account but fortunately he/she managed to control the situation.
    To some degree it matters, yeah. The pet conversion thing happened in 2007 which was obviously a pretty long time ago.

The account my UC is on happens to be older than that and is full of achievements, so it might be the reason why nobody cares. But so long as your account is older than April 26th 2007 and the pet isn't PC active, you could just say you always had it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    9d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post
    But does the account age helps to blend in? I mean, yesterday theere was this drama of someone calling out a user who had a UC Mutant Hissi on a 4-month account but fortunately he/she managed to control the situation.
    Good point, my account is almost 17 years old, and no one has ever questioned any of the sketchy things I've done/come up with.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Demri For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Reopened, please stay on-topic.
    i love luna

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 6h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I don't buy pets and if I want a pet I get it myself. And I 100% thing it's stupid to go on the PC or boards with ANY new pet whether bought or not. Just have it sit there on your account. Doesn't hurt to be patient. Dress it up pretty, write a brief description and let it sit. People will look up the pet, see the customization and go oh nice. But if you make yourself known people get suspicious of anything new you get.

Honorary Grandma Freeloaders_Soceity's Avatar
    Pronouns
    Gran
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    I think we overestimate just how much attention people give pets. Even really famous ones like Majal_Kita don't receive many views, as the last time he was pounded it took nearly a week for anybody to notice.

True, you will see horror stories about fat women with too much free time mass-reporting a UC they envy. But when it comes to "PC safe," it's just a myth. People will piss themselves off over nothing, report you for nothing and TNT will do nothing when this automated process takes away your account, leaving you with nothing. The only way to stay safe is to not use the boards.
    Loved this one! Darlin, I'm a little old fat RETIRED Grandma with a UC so damn ugly only its Mama could love it. A couple of years ago I tried to trade it on the PC. No one and I mean no one wanted it. I even tried to give it away, No luck. Believe me, the PC made me so darn crazy over the Pet I never went back! Don't you ever worry about seeing THIS Fat lady with more free time on her hands on that board again. Thank you for my chuckle of the day. You kids are great and I love you all dearly.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Freeloaders_Soceity For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (05-27-2017),Aura (05-27-2017),Cinnamoroll (06-10-2017),Corliss (05-28-2017),♥ Crowley ♥ (05-30-2017),Cybun (05-27-2017),Daffodil (05-28-2017),Heretic (05-28-2017),I_royalty_I (05-27-2017),Isabella (08-22-2017),kat. (05-28-2017),Ragemodeactivate (05-28-2017),Sunshinejak15 (05-27-2017),Tarot (05-28-2017)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeloaders_Soceity View Post
    Loved this one! Darlin, I'm a little old fat RETIRED Grandma with a UC so damn ugly only its Mama could love it. A couple of years ago I tried to trade it on the PC. No one and I mean no one wanted it. I even tried to give it away, No luck. Believe me, the PC made me so darn crazy over the Pet I never went back! Don't you ever worry about seeing THIS Fat lady with more free time on her hands on that board again. Thank you for my chuckle of the day. You kids are great and I love you all dearly.
    My hero
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

Freeloaders_Soceity (05-27-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeloaders_Soceity View Post

Glad I could make you laugh ma'am.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

Freeloaders_Soceity (05-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    87/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    120d 15h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I have seen the argument arise about people only seeking "pc safe" pets. I remember when this term was still relatively new, but I'm still confused why people look at it and value it higher than any other pet. I feel like it offers somebody a false sense of security.

What is the number one thing everybody tells you when you buy an UC pet?

**Lay low and avoid being too public with the pet too soon**

With advise like that, why on earth would you want a pet that has already been exposed to the PC and is "pc safe"? This just means there are more eyes on the pet. There are more people who know about it, about it's past, wondering why you have it and how. Why would anybody want that kind of pressure while they are buying an UC pet?

I can understand if you are trading pets on ck via the trading thread. As far as buying, though, I feel like "pc safe" would be a negative instead of a positive.

I'm just confused why people PM me asking me for "pc safe" pets, thinking they are better off going that route. If it were me, I would want a pet that nobody knew about. I'd want a pet that had never seen the light of day on the pc so I know that nobody is stalking it.

Thoughts?
    I totally agree. When I started reading this term, I thought it meant the opposite. I remember someone had a thread "buying PC safe pets", and then I thought that nobody would want a pet that has been already exposed to the PC and PMed the person. Wanting a "PC safe" pet makes no sense to me at all.