30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m

Let's talk "pc safe" pets

I have seen the argument arise about people only seeking "pc safe" pets. I remember when this term was still relatively new, but I'm still confused why people look at it and value it higher than any other pet. I feel like it offers somebody a false sense of security.

What is the number one thing everybody tells you when you buy an UC pet?

**Lay low and avoid being too public with the pet too soon**

With advise like that, why on earth would you want a pet that has already been exposed to the PC and is "pc safe"? This just means there are more eyes on the pet. There are more people who know about it, about it's past, wondering why you have it and how. Why would anybody want that kind of pressure while they are buying an UC pet?

I can understand if you are trading pets on ck via the trading thread. As far as buying, though, I feel like "pc safe" would be a negative instead of a positive.

I'm just confused why people PM me asking me for "pc safe" pets, thinking they are better off going that route. If it were me, I would want a pet that nobody knew about. I'd want a pet that had never seen the light of day on the pc so I know that nobody is stalking it.

Thoughts?
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

5252 (05-26-2017),Bettser (05-26-2017),Daffodil (05-27-2017),Heretic (05-26-2017),Hikimaru (05-27-2017),Kit (05-27-2017),munsterpoo (05-26-2017),Nath (05-26-2017),Nyu (05-26-2017),Stocking Anarchy (05-28-2017),TheButt (05-26-2017),Winona (05-27-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    23d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I agree with you. It seems like people see pc safe as a way to justify going to the PC right away and posting about their new pet. In my opinion pc safe doesn't mean safe anymore, quite the opposite actually. To me it means hey people on PC know about this pet and if you post about they will definitely ask more questions so you better be able to cover your ass. With a non-pc safe pet, I feel it would be easier to integrate without too many questions since no one really knows the pets history.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I think we overestimate just how much attention people give pets. Even really famous ones like Majal_Kita don't receive many views, as the last time he was pounded it took nearly a week for anybody to notice.

True, you will see horror stories about fat women with too much free time mass-reporting a UC they envy. But when it comes to "PC safe," it's just a myth. People will piss themselves off over nothing, report you for nothing and TNT will do nothing when this automated process takes away your account, leaving you with nothing. The only way to stay safe is to not use the boards.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I think it depends a lot on the kind of player that wants to buy the UC.

If you're someone that never goes to the boards, is better to get an UC that's not PC-safe, while, if you're someone who actively posts on boards and is known around, getting an UC that has been seen before is better than appearing with an unknown one. Even when both situations, you're getting a new UC out of the blue, if you get one that nobody has seen before, it's a bit more suspicious than getting one that has been advertised on the PC lately.

Still, I do think a lot of people doesn't understand that's the reason and just seeks for a PC-safe UC thinking that is a synonymous of safety and a sign that the pet is legit. When it's not. A PC-safe UC has nothing to do with how safe the pet itself is or from where it comes.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Cath (05-26-2017),Clair (05-27-2017),Corliss (05-28-2017),LackofColor (05-26-2017),Maelstra (05-26-2017)

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I avoid PC safe pets like the plague, I'm not posting on the PC anyways. In fact they are dangerous because they might have stalkers and then the stalkers see a weird move on that pet and freeze you.
    I only buy pets that are been sitting on accounts for a long time.
    I guess people buy them when they try to use the pet to trade for their dreamie on the PC, that way it's definitely easier to blend in. Or maybe they have friends on the PC and know that they will be stalking their account. But I personally wouldn't take the risk and effort involved with it and just buy the dream pet directly. Plus if you trade for your dream pet it's going to be really hard to find it as a name that you like if you are name picky, these days PC try to advertise a lot of WN pets as VWN.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    So definitely, personally at least, I hope the pets that I buy are NOT PC safe. It makes it easier because people won't be riddling the seller, and me the buyer, where they got them. Besides whether the pet is 'safe', as that's more of a relative term (it can't be 100% safe since you did buy a pet off of a cheating site), or 'unsafe', you still have to lie low for at least a week (between 1-2 weeks is what I tell my buyers and what I do personally) and that's regardless of the fact that the pet is PC un/safe

To clear something up: As asked buy a buyer, PC Unsafe, whatever that means anymore lol, does not mean that it wont ever be able to be traded on the PC. It just means that you should take precautions before going and trading it. But that goes for all pets that you buy.

Personally, I think that the term 'safe' is silly. It doesnt matter if pets are known or unknown. There is no way that a PC member, or even a group of them, knows every single UC that has been up on the market to be traded, so why should it matter if you bring one out of the darkness of Neo that hasn't been seen before. Speaking of that, that's been happening more and more lately; unknown pets going and being traded on the PC. And you know what? I would beg to say that quite a few of those aren't legit, and you know what PC drama members have done? Nothing. Unless you make it blatantly obvious that it's a bought UC, you will be fine regardless of whether or not the UC is labeled 'safe' by the seller. Just my 2 cents
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    30 times
    Time Online
    31d 22h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Maybe some people think about how they'd want an UC with a cache that shows up in Google, in case people look so they can decide if it's legit or not.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    You know, I never really thought about it that way but you make a lot of sense!
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Does cache still works? Thought it didn't after the transition.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 20h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    Quote Originally Posted by TheButt View Post
    I agree with you. It seems like people see pc safe as a way to justify going to the PC right away and posting about their new pet. In my opinion pc safe doesn't mean safe anymore, quite the opposite actually. To me it means hey people on PC know about this pet and if you post about they will definitely ask more questions so you better be able to cover your ass. With a non-pc safe pet, I feel it would be easier to integrate without too many questions since no one really knows the pets history.
    Yesss, taking right to the pound chat is basically the worst thing you could ever do. Too many people do that, then they wonder why they got iced.

Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    I think we overestimate just how much attention people give pets. Even really famous ones like Majal_Kita don't receive many views, as the last time he was pounded it took nearly a week for anybody to notice.

True, you will see horror stories about fat women with too much free time mass-reporting a UC they envy. But when it comes to "PC safe," it's just a myth. People will piss themselves off over nothing, report you for nothing and TNT will do nothing when this automated process takes away your account, leaving you with nothing. The only way to stay safe is to not use the boards.
    It could be because the fee to adopt the pet was so high. Or possibly because whoever ended up adopting that pet would be the ultimate loser. They may pay the huge fee, then get the pet taken from them and the fee never returned. They may even get iced because they have such a huge, well known pet on their account. That's a double edged sword. If I saw Majal in the pound, I wouldn't adopt on any account I actually cared about. Featheralley is one of TNT's favorites so you know they'd do whatever they needed to get that pet back haha.

People actually do get called out more often than you might think. It probably doesn't happen as often because the caches went away so it's much more difficult to stalk pets.. but it happens. Think back to the days where pcblacklist and pcoutlist were relevant. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I think it depends a lot on the kind of player that wants to buy the UC.

If you're someone that never goes to the boards, is better to get an UC that's not PC-safe, while, if you're someone who actively posts on boards and is known around, getting an UC that has been seen before is better than appearing with an unknown one. Even when both situations, you're getting a new UC out of the blue, if you get one that nobody has seen before, it's a bit more suspicious than getting one that has been advertised on the PC lately.

Still, I do think a lot of people doesn't understand that's the reason and just seeks for a PC-safe UC thinking that is a synonymous of safety and a sign that the pet is legit. When it's not. A PC-safe UC has nothing to do with how safe the pet itself is or from where it comes.
    The only issue is you have to come up with a story as to how you got that pet. It may have been seen before, but how did you end up with it? I can see maybe it was a lesser known pet, so people could potentially recognize it but not know the back story. I'm sure there are those crazy people out there who have excel spreadsheets with info as to where each pet is haha

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac106 View Post
    So definitely, personally at least, I hope the pets that I buy are NOT PC safe. It makes it easier because people won't be riddling the seller, and me the buyer, where they got them. Besides whether the pet is 'safe', as that's more of a relative term (it can't be 100% safe since you did buy a pet off of a cheating site), or 'unsafe', you still have to lie low for at least a week (between 1-2 weeks is what I tell my buyers and what I do personally) and that's regardless of the fact that the pet is PC un/safe

To clear something up: As asked buy a buyer, PC Unsafe, whatever that means anymore lol, does not mean that it wont ever be able to be traded on the PC. It just means that you should take precautions before going and trading it. But that goes for all pets that you buy.

Personally, I think that the term 'safe' is silly. It doesnt matter if pets are known or unknown. There is no way that a PC member, or even a group of them, knows every single UC that has been up on the market to be traded, so why should it matter if you bring one out of the darkness of Neo that hasn't been seen before. Speaking of that, that's been happening more and more lately; unknown pets going and being traded on the PC. And you know what? I would beg to say that quite a few of those aren't legit, and you know what PC drama members have done? Nothing. Unless you make it blatantly obvious that it's a bought UC, you will be fine regardless of whether or not the UC is labeled 'safe' by the seller. Just my 2 cents
    Pets that aren't "pc safe" can definitely still be very very safe. They aren't known, so you don't have to worry as much about people stalking them. The other nice thing is that a pet that is "pc safe" will always be known in the pc whereas other pets that aren't known can fly off the radar for as long as the owner chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Maybe some people think about how they'd want an UC with a cache that shows up in Google, in case people look so they can decide if it's legit or not.
    They used to do things like that in the past. Cache was never meant to be used like that though, so it was a very inaccurate way of judging the legitimacy of a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexxie View Post
    You know, I never really thought about it that way but you make a lot of sense!
    That's how I look at it at least. I'm looking at it from a sellers perspective and people coming to me with the thought that "pc safe" means that they will be safe after buying the pet. It's frustrating when somebody has this notion in their mind when I try to get them to see how inaccurate that thought might be.

Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post
    Does cache still works? Thought it didn't after the transition.
    No, cache is no longer a player. With the forced captchas, having a cache is probably more inaccurate than it's ever been. The only way cache will become relevant again would be if those annoying captchas disappeared.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017),Heretic (05-27-2017)