54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I always had a hard time with HTML and CSS, it doesn't really make sense for me but I'm working on it because the majority of programmers (at least in my state) ask for that.
    But my boss once told me that he doesn't like it either but for data visualization, it's a good idea.

He suggested me to learn NodeJs and React (I think that's the name of it).
    For now I'll work towards 'upgrading' my r�sume and see what happens =)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Really? I never knew html/css was useful for data visualization. I always thought it was mostly used for web design.

Same here, slowly working on new skills to add to the r�sum� and apply for other positions. If I got to select my field of study again, I might have picked computer science, or at least minor in it. The demand is high for many jobs.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Coding is rough. A lot of companies export their programming needs out-of-country, where it's done cheaper.

The silver lining is it's also usually done worse, which means the companies come right back here to get their lousy spaghetti code fixed. Look into the medical field (Perkin-Elmer, Waters, etc.), there's a lot of scientific instruments that demand software to run and they need it running efficiently. The software used to run it also tends not to be any more complex than your average autobuyer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to champloo For This Useful Post:

athron (05-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    Coding is rough. A lot of companies export their programming needs out-of-country, where it's done cheaper.

The silver lining is it's also usually done worse, which means the companies come right back here to get their lousy spaghetti code fixed. Look into the medical field (Perkin-Elmer, Waters, etc.), there's a lot of scientific instruments that demand software to run and they need it running efficiently. The software used to run it also tends not to be any more complex than your average autobuyer.
    Yes, I've heard and seen companies hiring programmers from other countries and not paying much for their work.
    And yes, spaghetti code is still real and it's present on many companies.

I think if they actually did stop to think about their projects, wrote down their ideas and had a decent documentation, things, at least on that point, would be far better.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by athron View Post
    Yes, I've heard and seen companies hiring programmers from other countries and not paying much for their work.
    And yes, spaghetti code is still real and it's present on many companies.

I think if they actually did stop to think about their projects, wrote down their ideas and had a decent documentation, things, at least on that point, would be far better.
    A lot of companies are learning, but bean-counters still chase that easy cheap fix. Plus a lot of people don't know the first thing about programming, so to them any code is good code.