30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Do you trade cryptocurrency?

Does anybody buy/sell/trade any sort of cryptocurrency? Things like bitcoins, litecoins, ethereum, stash, ripple, etc etc etc.

The list goes on and on and there seem to be new coins being brought around everyday. I remember way back in the day, some guy on gaminggutter was trading for bitcoins back when they were like 50cents each. He said he had like 300 bitcoins, which seemed stupid at the time. Jokes on me, each coin is worth like $2400 right now. Missed opportunities.

I sold all my bitcoins when they were up around $2800, so I'm not invested there anymore. What I am invested in is ethereum. Bought $200 worth when it was $7 each and it's gotten up to about $215 each recently. Waiting to see if it's going to go even higher. I'm so on the fence. Go big or go home though, yeah?

Anybody do any of this stuff? There are exchanges that allow you to buy/sell/trade constantly. I have been looking into them but they are a bit overwhelming. I think it's all very interesting.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

70spurple (08-04-2017),cibomatto (09-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I think it's really interesting, but not something I could get involved in. I don't know very much about cryptocurrencies, but it's crazy to see how popular they've become.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I think it's really interesting, but not something I could get involved in. I don't know very much about cryptocurrencies, but it's crazy to see how popular they've become.
    It's really not as complicated as it might seem. The only issue is the whole "it takes money to make money" is very true unless you either get very lucky, or get in on the ground floor. You could go to a site like coinbase and buy bitcoin/ehtereum/litecoins directly from them. Nothing at all to worry about as far as managing it yourself.

I have been following all the news surrounding a few different coins and it's very interesting to see the traction some of them are starting to get. I am still kicking myself for not buying more bitcoin while it was down around $950 just a month or two ago.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Aura (05-26-2017),cibomatto (09-01-2017)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    No, I have no idea how it all works and I'm a bit paranoid about getting scammed, plus there's the fluctuations in values.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    My friend got me interested in setting up a Coinbase account and now I am following and trading cryptocurrency. I don't have much but I wish I started a long time ago...

I remember when you talked about it Andrew, years ago. And my friend I knew since I was a kid was mining Bitcoins a long time ago... I stopped talking to him and now I'm curious if he still has his BC's
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    No, I have no idea how it all works and I'm a bit paranoid about getting scammed, plus there's the fluctuations in values.
    The fluctuation is part of the fun though! You can buy low and sell high. Make a profit or simply ride the wave and look at it as an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    My friend got me interested in setting up a Coinbase account and now I am following and trading cryptocurrency. I don't have much but I wish I started a long time ago...

I remember when you talked about it Andrew, years ago. And my friend I knew since I was a kid was mining Bitcoins a long time ago... I stopped talking to him and now I'm curious if he still has his BC's
    You might actually remember the guy I mentioned in my first post - KaosKinesis? He was a shithead but he may have gotten really lucky by jumping on the bitcoin train super early.

I wish I could figure out how to mine the coins. There are all these sites out there that talk about how much electric you would use when compared to your processing power.. trying to determine if it would be worth it or not.

If you're looking for something to get into, I would definitely suggest investing in Ethereum. You can get in right one coinbase too. Their doing some big things and getting all these HUGE corporations on board with their "smart contracts". Google around and look into it a bit, it's really interesting stuff. I can see them exploding in the next few years. I'm waiting for it to dip back down again and I'll probably toss a chunk of change at it again.
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 05-26-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    You might actually remember the guy I mentioned in my first post - KaosKinesis? He was a shithead but he may have gotten really lucky by jumping on the bitcoin train super early.

I wish I could figure out how to mine the coins. There are all these sites out there that talk about how much electric you would use when compared to your processing power.. trying to determine if it would be worth it or not.

If you're looking for something to get into, I would definitely suggest investing in Ethereum. You can get in right one coinbase too. Their doing some big things and getting all these HUGE corporations on board with their "smart contracts". Google around and look into it a bit, it's really interesting stuff. I can see them exploding in the next few years. I'm waiting for it to dip back down again and I'll probably toss a chunk of change at it again.
    Oh I know about Ethereum. It's also backed by Microsoft, among many other huge corps as you said.

The friend I mentioned, he actually bought a ton of these little USB devices that you plug into your computer and let them run... while they mine bitcoins. This was 4+ years ago and I seriously wonder what he ended up doing with his cryptocurrency ventures. To mine BC today is not worth it from my understanding... since there are 21million possible bitcoins and about 17m or so already mined, it gets harder and harder to mine them as we reach the 21million cap.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    Oh I know about Ethereum. It's also backed by Microsoft, among many other huge corps as you said.

The friend I mentioned, he actually bought a ton of these little USB devices that you plug into your computer and let them run... while they mine bitcoins. This was 4+ years ago and I seriously wonder what he ended up doing with his cryptocurrency ventures. To mine BC today is not worth it from my understanding... since there are 21million possible bitcoins and about 17m or so already mined, it gets harder and harder to mine them as we reach the 21million cap.
    They are backed by Microsoft too. The list of corps that are currently involved with them is pretty darn impressive. It seems their blockchain can be applied to literally everything. I have seen predictions that it could get to a price point higher than bitcoins eventually. Insanity.

He would just run the mines off of usbs? I'm sure that would work somehow but I have no idea how. Mining bitcoins now a days is definitely not worth it. There are professional operations out there that spend TONS of money. We can't compete with them. It would be cool to mine ethereum though. I looked into it a bit but couldn't find anything to help out with the "how".

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    29d 8h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I've ofcourse heard the stories of people making fortunes from bitcoin. But I always figured the ship has sailed on it so never put any effort into researching. I play in stock market a bit.. definitely going to check this out

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfyk1 View Post
    I've ofcourse heard the stories of people making fortunes from bitcoin. But I always figured the ship has sailed on it so never put any effort into researching. I play in stock market a bit.. definitely going to check this out
    The stock market is something I want to learn more about and get into. I just downloaded this app called Stash the other day. It basically lets you invest in different ETFs on whatever scale you want. It's pretty interesting. I've only put a little bit into it so far, so not sure how it's going to work.

I feel like I'd have better luck trading cryptocurrencies on an exchange like Poloniex or similar. The ship definitely has not sailed on bitcoin. Not completely. It was at like $950 a month or two ago. Then it shot up to $2800. It's back down to $2400 and is fluctuating basically all day everyday. It's driven by speculation. If they FTC approves the measure to regulate bitcoins in an ETF, the price would shoot up crazy high. Keep an eye out for that. It was denied the first time but I have a feeling it will be brought up again.