DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    18d 7h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I can't believe coming back to neopets and returning to this site, stumbling upon this thread would have shaken me so much!

After reading everyone's comment yesterday evening, I decided to investigate and viewed quite a few videos about cryptocurrencies.

I remeber how Bitcoin used to be so cheap and was convinced it was another Ponzi scheme **

I think I will try to buy 50$ of bitcoin and ethereum this week, instead of buying these shoes I was obsessing over which I do not need.
    It is not a lot but I do not have a lot of capital to begin with. And it seems like a fun ride! (I wish I educated myself about this sooner)
    Last edited by cibomatto; 09-02-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    200/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    66d 8h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    What do you guys buy mostly?

Ive been buying Litecoins mostly. They are low priced for now but have doubled in the last month. I think there is opportunity for profit there. I just started but I hope for the best!

I have been taking a portion of every sale and buy Litecoin. Also setup recurring purchases every week on payday lol

Advice?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by cibomatto View Post
    I can't believe coming back to neopets and returning to this site, stumbling upon this thread would have shaken me so much!

After reading everyone's comment yesterday evening, I decided to investigate and viewed quite a few videos about cryptocurrencies.

I remeber how Bitcoin used to be so cheap and was convinced it was another Ponzi scheme **

I think I will try to buy 50$ of bitcoin and ethereum this week, instead of buying these shoes I was obsessing over which I do not need.
    It is not a lot but I do not have a lot of capital to begin with. And it seems like a fun ride! (I wish I educated myself about this sooner)
    I remember way back when bitcoins were dirt cheap.. i didn't think much of it either. I wish I had!
    $50 might not seem like too much to start with, but it's definitely a start. Cryptocurrencies aren't too widely adopted yet, so you're still in the early adopters stage. Grab you $50 and hang onto it. The trick is buying on the dips, which can be hard to time.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZzZ View Post
    What do you guys buy mostly?

Ive been buying Litecoins mostly. They are low priced for now but have doubled in the last month. I think there is opportunity for profit there. I just started but I hope for the best!

I have been taking a portion of every sale and buy Litecoin. Also setup recurring purchases every week on payday lol

Advice?
    I never really paid LTC too much attention but I'm now invested in it just to have a diversified portfolio.
    Originally I bought mostly ETH and BTC but lately I'm only really buying ETH. I originally started holding LTC after doing a trade on here where buyer paid partially in LTC. After that, I slowly bought a few more until I got to my 10 total LTC that I'm holding. Probably just going to move that to a hardware wallet and sit on it forever.

If I ever buy BTC, it's only used to transfer to an exchange so I can quickly get in on an alt coin that I see potential in some quick money. I recently bought $500 in BTC through the coinbase instant buy.. moved it to bittrex.. traded for NEO. NEO was roughly $17 at the time.. sold them back into BTC when it hit about $21. Quick $100 right there. It's all about timing.

The struggle is keeping up with all of the news so that you aren't the last one to know and buying in WAY late. If you're holding LTC, I'd suggest just continuing to hold them. If you have ETH, I'd probably either hold that or invest in an ICO that you feel is promising.

----------------------------

If it sounds like I'm speaking gibberish at any point here, hit me up if anybody wants to discuss more!

For example, if anybody would want to start a group chat or something to discuss things.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I converted everything to BTC and holding until after this month. Then I'll start exchanging back to my diverse port, but not all the ones mentioned below.
    I hold/held the following; OMG (Holding for now), IOTA (Long), NEO (Still holding obv for gas), DASH (exchanged to BTC), LTC (exchanged to BTC), ETH (exchanged to BTC), DMD (9.3k invested for 1/10 share of a master-node), QTUM (Exchanged for BTC), KNC (Long), GNT (exchanged to BTC, but play as penny stocks), XRP (Long, doing well right now too, may sell soon and buy more when it dips). I randomly got some TRX too, that I didn't buy. Maybe someone accidentally sent it to one of my exchange wallets xD.

But I make the most profit obviously investing in HYIP's. Risky, but big payout. I go big immediately, compounded my interest and cash out. I have a few of them I keep tabs on but one i'm actively investing in. I also take advantage of the referral system. If anyone were want to invest, I'd split my commission with you (which is 10%). Hmu. earn about ~1% everyday in profit! it's actually a little more.
    ie, 10k invested would be 100 profit everyday.
    @(you need an account to see links) If its a group chat that can be accessed mobile I'm game.
    Last edited by |2eap; 10-11-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    145/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I started mining in the cloud these days. I don't know how to sell my btcs yet, but it seems to be a good investment.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by jawlong View Post
    I started mining in the cloud these days. I don't know how to sell my btcs yet, but it seems to be a good investment.
    Hold until after the fork my friend. Everyone's trying to jump on board to get BTCG from the split so the price of BTC is skyrocketing/ will continue to skyrocket while people convert their altcoins into BTC.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

jawlong (10-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'm not even going to bother with stocking up on BTC for this split. I don't see how many times they can split the coin before support collapses for the new coins. BCC wasn't exactly a raging success, as evident by the price point right now. Putting all my eggs into the altcoin basket right now. Once this fork business is done with, looking for my investments to bounce way up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    145/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 16h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Is there any recommended cheap altcoins now? When will the fork happen?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'm not even going to bother with stocking up on BTC for this split. I don't see how many times they can split the coin before support collapses for the new coins. BCC wasn't exactly a raging success, as evident by the price point right now. Putting all my eggs into the altcoin basket right now. Once this fork business is done with, looking for my investments to bounce way up.
    Bro your missing all the fun if you dont convert to BTC. Liquidate before the fork, or right after the fork and take some free BTC G. Your telling me that BCC is worthless, when in retrospect the few coins for free you woulda got just for holding em. Thats an extra 300 per coin at current rate for BCC. If trend follows BTC G will spike hard before leveling out as well.

Even if you just converted last night you'd be at a $400 gain per coin today. LTC is also on the rise as well, with ethereum holding steady.

I got no doubt though that your investments will pay off though. I'm just saying for right now, you could be profiting way more and doubling your alt coin load by doing some plays with BTC.

LMK if you make that group chat, i'd like to do some R&D on some ICO's.

I have a multi-millionaire investor i follow with investing on crypto's but they are focused on mining at the moment and were the ones who predicted the price spike to me a week ago, glad I listened because my thoughts were exactly as yours. But the price rise on BTC isn't due just to the fork .

You heard it here first, BTC to 8k before fork, dumped to 5.5k and then up to 10k by end of year.

I plan to dump when it starts getting dumped then converted back to LTC while the wealth is distributed again.

If your looking for a good altcoin that will payout HEAVILY, pick up some DMD. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by jawlong View Post
    Is there any recommended cheap altcoins now? When will the fork happen?
    Too many to count. How much money you working with?

Your best bet would be to pick up some BTC, ETH, LTC for the time being any chance you get. Once you have a solid amount invested then i'd look to diversify the portfolio.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

And a fork or hard fork isn't taking away from the original coin. It's making an all new coin. BCC is not the same as BTC and BTC Gold wont be the same as either one of them. BTC will always be BTC, so don't get is misconstrued haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (10-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    To be fair, I have been out of the loop for a bit. Was out of town the past week, work and other things keeping me busy before then. I just been getting into ICOs and letting my stuff sit mostly. I didn’t even know about the new fork until recently. The price is doing some wild shit though. I’m not too heavy into BTC right now. I’m barely in it at all. Most of my money is tied into longer investments.

I definitely don’t think BCC is worthless per say, but it definitely didn’t take over from BTC. I don’t think this new fork will do anything too wild either. The price will be a roller coaster but will settle low when compared to the main chain. If there are anymore forks after this one, I don’t see them doing anything. There needs to be support, and miners to back them.

Im long into NEO and a few other coins so deciding where to pull from to get into the fork would be tough. I’ll probablt just buy some of the new coins and trade them around like I did with bcc. Still waiting for BCC to do something but it appears stagnant.

Thats an an awfully ambitious prediction there! Would be pretty wild to see those numbers on the board.