Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me good movies and TV Shows?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Recommend me good movies and TV Shows?

So... I've been on the mood of watching stuff for a long time and so far I've watched 440 movies and about 9 TV Shows, I'll be listing them down here inside a spoiler.
    Well, I need more
    Anything not in this list is more than welcome x3
    I do enjoy pretty much anything (as you'll guess from my list anyways lol) but I'm lacking comedy and horror/thriller movies, so extra points for those
    Nonetheless, I enjoyed every single movie and TV show below, so that's my suggestions anyways

If possible, include a little commentary about what genre and what the movie/tv show is about <3
    Cartoons and doramas (japanese/korean tv shows) are considered TV shows by myself, so definitely recommend me some of those too!

Movies:

I haven't included up there but I've watched most of Marvel movies, the only D.C. movies I have are Batman related. I've got many many Disney movies unlisted as well but I know I'm missing a lot of the good ones too. Same for Dreamworks.
    I also have watched most if not all Studio Ghibli movies.

TV Shows

Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Holy moly, It looks like you've watched every movie already!
    Nightcrawler is an amazing movie! It's a thriller about a guy who starts filming crime scenes and selling them to the news. Really great movie!

I really recommend watching Wentworth, its a show about a women's prison.. Really, really great. Really intense.

Dark mirror is amazing too, its like a dystopian future kind of show where each episode is a totally different story. SOOO Good!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kat. For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    im on a kingsman kick, so i suggest that actually.

kingsman: the secret service (2014)
    set in london, starring colin firth and samuel l jackson, and mark strong, a top class spy teaches a typical london chav how to be a spy while stopping a purge-like scenario from effectively killing the poor and saving the rich
    riciulous as all hell, with a bunch of cool spy shit and good one-liners, the cinematography is incredible and the characters are all really good even if theyre only on it for a few seconds.
    the sequel, kingsman golden circle, comes out this september!!!!!!! CHANNING TATUM IS A COWBOY IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

attack the block (2011)
    another london film. starring john boyega (it was one of his first roles before star wars), nick frost. london chavs stop aliens from taking over a london scheme (i dont know the other word for this... borough?) with the help of a nurse that they attempt to mug. a lot of blood and gore and the aliens are really cool. another one with great characters and cinematography.

hard candy (2005)
    starring ellen page and patrick wilson, a 14 year old girl tracks down a paedophile and ruins his life. thats literally all i can say about this one without spoiling it, EVERYTHING is a spoiler because its so well put together.

kung fu panda 1,2, and 3
    please watch kung fu panda i fucking love kung fu panda just TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. ITS JACK BLACK AS A FAT PANDA WHO DOES KUNG FU TO SAVE CHINA. IT'S LIT. and the cast and animation is to die for.

filth (2013)
    starring james mcavoy. a corrupt, sleazy cop in scotland's city of edinburgh who effectively ruins the lives of everyone around him just to get a higher position at his job. written by the guy who wrote trainspotting so you know its gonna be fucked up and miserable.

submarine (2010)
    something more mellow. set in wales, a 15 year old boy going through his first relationship while trying to deal with his parents relationship falling apart. pretty good despite how boring it sounds, weirdly nostalgic even if you havent seen it before. the main character narrates at times, but hes an unreliable narrator at best, which adds to how funny it can be. directed by richard ayoade. entire soundtrack by alex turner of the arctic monkeys.

the social network (2010)
    please watch the social network. im sure youve heard shit about it, and im sure youre thinking 'what the fuck, the facebook movie?', but i swear to you its a cinematic masterpiece. doesnt really get across how much of a sleazy prick zuckerberg is and protrays him more as a snarky funnyman, but i GUESS that can be excused because it adds to how good it all is. better to take it as a work of fiction than anything.

fantastic mr. fox (2009)
    stop motion, directed by wes anderson, starring george clooney as mr. fox. great soundtrack and really good fast-paced humour. its better to take it as a standalone piece than a book adaptation from roald dahls book of the same name, because wes definitely took some liberties with this one.

kick-ass (2010)
    "super"heroes!!!!! another great one you can handle as a standalone piece, but i REALLY!!!!!!! encourage you to read the graphic novels for kick-ass, at LEAST the first volume, because the director did them no justice in an adaptation sense, but still made an incredible movie. anyway, it stars aaron johnson, christopher mintz-plasse, nic cage, chloe moretz, and mark strong, vigilante heroes in new york (though mostly filmed in london/glasgow I SHOULD SAY... the director is from glasgow too!!!! HOME CITY REP!!!!!!!!!) who get a little too mixed up in a drug/crime ring. a lot of backstabbing, guns, gore, blood, and overall absolute ridiculousness. at one point a bazooka is involved. if you like organised crime and little girls saying the word 'cunt' while slicing up drug lords in their own home while her father stands watch, i really recommend it.
    personal bias: you can ignore kick-ass 2. it has jim carrey in it if youre so inclined, but its mostly toilet humour and rape jokes. its... not funny. i dont find it funny. i barely remember any of it. its really not crucial to understanding of the franchise. it flopped for a reason.

nightcrawler (2014)
    jake gyllenhaal is a strange boy who picks up a hobby as a "night crawler"; someone who goes around at night to film gruesome crimes and incidents to sell to news stations. he gets too involved in his new found job and ends up hurting a lot of innocent people, even staging and setting up incidents to film to get more money at the cost of civilian lives. its a slow burn spiral into utter horseshit caused by one person. blood, gore, sleazy news station bullshit, sleazy bullshit in general, and a pretty horrifying ending.

chatroom (2010)
    another aaron johnson one! stars a few actors, though theyre mostly known through Skins UK fame (a show i recommend up until season 4 LOL). based on a stage play, it focuses on a group of teenagers who meet online, and they encourage each other to do horrible things and give in to urges and impulses (like molest their younger sister, or kill themselves... really dark shit). aaron johnson works as the ringleader through it all, encouraging the worst of it all and acting as a messiah to a group of lonely teenagers to cope with his own explosive anger issues, violent impulses, and severe jealousy towards his sister.

gone girl (2014)
    a woman ruins her husbands life just for a laugh.
    very similar to hard candy in that if i tell you anything more than this, it will be spoiled.

im out of ideas now... hopefully some of them appeal to you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Wait do you actually have a list of every single movie you have seen? haha
    Just pop open netflix and pick something that looks good. As far as TV shows, it looks like you've been hopping on lots of bandwagons. Pick something that you wouldn't usually pick and you might like it. I have seen lots of shows, a few :

Black Sails - tv show about pirates that has just the right amount of action and drama
    Parks and Recreation - Best show ever
    Weeds - like breaking bad but with weed and a single mom supporting her family
    Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Just a random, funny show that everybody needs to watch
    Marco Polo - About Marco Polo and his inventions set to a storyline. I really liked it
    American Gods - There are only a few episodes out so far but I think it's going to be really good.
    Z Nation - set post apocalyptic pretty much. It's got a little gore with just the right amount of comedy and action. I really liked this one.
    Archer - Dry humor. About a secret agent. Cartoon.
    Luke Cage - Jessica Jones - Daredevil - Flash - Arrow - Legends of Tomorrow - Iron Fist - Enough said here.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Let the Right One In (The Swedish movie) is a very heartwarming and beautiful movie, I think it's in the horror genre. It's about a lonely, bullied little boy who befriends a girl and she happens to be...well, that's spoilers!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 22h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Oldboy (2003)

korean action film. guys gets kidnapped, and locked into a hotel room for 15 years with no contact of the outside. and then one day, he gets let out.

it's amazing. i highly recommend it. the fight scenes are amazing, and the story is pretty dark and twisted.

( i killed the king of deceit. now i sleep in anarchy. )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiraeth For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 7h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Currently on season 3 of Silicon Valley. Great show and I highly recommend it!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

13. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Just watched the movie "Split". Quite a recent thriller (2016), I really enjoyed it.

Stars James McAvoy who plays a guy with 23 distinctive different personalities. He kidnaps 3 young girls as one personality and they try and connect with the kinder personalities to facilitate their escape before the imminent arrival of the 24th and worst personality.

Thought he did a great job acting and playing so many distinct characters and transitioning from one to the other.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Ok horror/thrillers are my bag, and if you haven't seen these you need to!

Train to Busan - It's Korean, subtitled and a fantastic zombie story, truly truly good stuff.

Dog Soldiers - Yes i love the monster movies, werewolves based in the Scottish wilderness.. I LOVE this movie, very tongue in cheek, and they keep talking of a sequel but i keep waiting.

Late Phases - On Netflix with the great Nick Damici. Seriously good. He is superb in this, the werewolf puppets are camp, but I like that.

Silver Bullet - Based on a Stephen King novella. Really good, it's got good heart and Corey Haim and writing by the King himself. Not gory at all.

Ginger Snaps - Cult classic. This is my number one movie on this list. Could be cause i like the metaphor of a werewolf transition juxtaposed against the horrors of puberty. There is a sequel to this AND a prequel with the same lead actors in all... but the 1st is the best.

Supernatural - TV Show on netflix. I LOVE this show and it inspired my username on this website (you'll pick it up in season 2). It's creepy, silly, humourous and meta. It's like Buffy but with male leads who have no superpowers and ACDC as background music. 5th season finale is the greatest thing i've seen on television. The rest of the seasons have their shining moments that i occasionally go back and revisit fav episodes (Fan Fiction season 9 anybody?!). This is renewed for the 13th season. Season 12 is just out on netflix.

BUFFY - just watch it. Its good. at least until the last season.
    Lucifer - I love this show! A crime hunting devil!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bela Lugosi For This Useful Post:

Ban (05-29-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Hey guys! Thanks for the awesome suggestions so far <3
    Unfortunately, I've lost access to my internet for a few days, but I promise I'll answer y'all better ASAP x3