Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about people getting married young?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Serrah View Post
    Some young couples do it for the government benefits of being a poor college couple
    LOL. AWESOME. You can also save on half of rent, great idea!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    To each their own, imo. Your priorities change at different stages in your life and I try no to judge anyone for the decisions they make. We're all wired differently and all entitled the pursuit of happiness. Their pursuit is just a little different that mine. Just like the girl who walks her dog past my house twice a day has hair a little darker than mine.

If you'd like to hear my story, here:
    Last edited by Shiver; 10-28-2017 at 07:21 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiver For This Useful Post:

maya (12-06-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    48d 17h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I personally do not want to get married young.
    But if others would like to, go for it!
    (you need an account to see links)

Previously: meowtain
    Always seeking to buy cute pet names. ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i think it's weird af. some of my friends already had toddlers by the time they were 21-22. and i was just?? no i can barely pay for my rent why would i have kids. maybe i'm just slower at figuring out things but at 25 i still feel unqualified to be a parent.

for what it's worth though, i've been dating the same person through all of my 20's and we're engaged. we've been engaged for like 3 years tho. i still don't feel ready to get married.

when i was 21-22 my doctors would ask if i was planning on getting pregnant and i told them ask me in 10 years, and they would laugh. now they incredulously ask me if i'm sure. ugh

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    41d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by regimes View Post
    i think it's weird af. some of my friends already had toddlers by the time they were 21-22. and i was just?? no i can barely pay for my rent why would i have kids. maybe i'm just slower at figuring out things but at 25 i still feel unqualified to be a parent.

for what it's worth though, i've been dating the same person through all of my 20's and we're engaged. we've been engaged for like 3 years tho. i still don't feel ready to get married.

when i was 21-22 my doctors would ask if i was planning on getting pregnant and i told them ask me in 10 years, and they would laugh. now they incredulously ask me if i'm sure. ugh
    Everyone is different and some people really want to start families early so I can see where they are coming from by having kids that early. However, I think most of the time these are unplanned pregnancies that just end up going that way. I'm on the same boat as you though and I don't want to have kids till my mid thirties.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think it depends on the person's maturity. As long as they know what the hell they are doing then I guess they'll be fine. I personally don't wanna get married at young, by young I mean under 21

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't really think it's going to last, because that's kinda the age where life changes the most drastically. People move out of their homes, go to college, etc. and a lot of that stress is going to contribute negatively to their marriage. It's most likely going to end in divorce, unless the couple is willing to work together to stay together. Nowadays, people think it's easier to throw away a relationship and start a new one compared to patching it up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is tricky for me because I got married relatively young at 24 (wife is 24 as well). I don't necessarily think age matters as long as you both know *why* you're getting married. Many, MANY guys want to marry the first girl that will have sex with them, and it's a mistake I've watched over and over and over again. Most girls want to marry the first guy that shows them any sort of commitment, and I think that's a mistake too. They say the human brain isn't completely done maturing until you're around 25, and I believe that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by wajack View Post
    This is tricky for me because I got married relatively young at 24 (wife is 24 as well). I don't necessarily think age matters as long as you both know *why* you're getting married. Many, MANY guys want to marry the first girl that will have sex with them, and it's a mistake I've watched over and over and over again. Most girls want to marry the first guy that shows them any sort of commitment, and I think that's a mistake too. They say the human brain isn't completely done maturing until you're around 25, and I believe that.
    I do agree with what you said, except I always think that maturity does not grow with your age. I'd met so many people and that some older people are less mature than the younger ones in terms of relationship.

I am 28 and I have 2 kids now. I can't say I had the perfect relationship, but I do believe in a relationship, there's always hole to fill in, otherwise you are fine to be alone by urself. Ofcourse, if you are talking about 20 years old and below, that would be a bit too young to be married. My mom got married to my father at abt 16-17 years old, they are now still together, not the always the happy moments, but still in a strong loving relationship with my father.
    So I think, it really depends on how committed you are to a relationship, and how easily you are going to give up on trivial matters. What I know is, if you managed to pull through the harder parts together, your bonds would definitely be stronger.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    17h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by richardscoot View Post
    maturity does not grow with your age. I'd met so many people and that some older people are less mature than the younger ones in terms of relationship.
    I absolutely agree with this. I can't count how many people 40+ I've seen/met that act like literal teenagers.