Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about people getting married young?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I was engaged at 24...

It didn't work out though. Good thing.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I don't remember if I posted on this before, and I'm way too lazy to see if I did already.

No couple is the same. If it's good for them then it's good for them. It's not going to work for everyone, but it will for some people.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (10-26-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Several people I knew in high school are now married off, and I always find it odd to see. I imagine it's a hindrance depending on your college and career goals. I think it's fine to get married young- some of my high school friends would plan weddings and dream of having children, so I guess that's really their thing- but it's the ones that already have children that I really can't wrap my mind around. Their adult lives just began and they've already tethered themselves to a parent's responsibilities. They sacrificed so much of their time and freedom so early on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I personally know a few people who dated since high school and are now happily married. Still, I know I personally have changed so much since then that it's hard to imagine a decision like marriage just after high school!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    For me, the only reason to have young marriage is that the girl is pregnant
    Hahaha just kidding, but I think that unless you make money by your own which is enough to cover you and your partner's daily expenses.
    If not, please don't marry young or else you're going to cause big trouble to both of you and your parents

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It's their choice

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    It is their decision.

But for me, before I get married. I would establish a good job and earn some money for the future. So it wouldn't be hard in the long run.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I think whether or not it's a good choice to get married young depends on the individual. Some people are emotionally mature at a young age while others still aren't ready for marriage in their early 30's. If you do get married young it's important to ask yourself if you're truly compatible with the other person or if you're allowing emotions to get in the way of seeing flaws in your relationship.
    My boyfriend and I are both 21 right now and have discussed marriage. We agreed to wait until we're out of college and have well-paying jobs and money saved up so finances won't become an issue that puts stress on the marriage.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greco951 View Post
    I think whether or not it's a good choice to get married young depends on the individual. Some people are emotionally mature at a young age while others still aren't ready for marriage in their early 30's. If you do get married young it's important to ask yourself if you're truly compatible with the other person or if you're allowing emotions to get in the way of seeing flaws in your relationship.
    My boyfriend and I are both 21 right now and have discussed marriage. We agreed to wait until we're out of college and have well-paying jobs and money saved up so finances won't become an issue that puts stress on the marriage.
    I think this is quite a smart idea that most people who are in younger relationships gloss over. I was in a long-term relationship from after high school and throughout college and what most people don't realize that during these young adult years people change quite a decent amount. I'm only nearing my thirties now so I can't make an opinion on the years to come but so far my early twenties 20-25 I believe I changed the most as a person so far and my SO and I drifted apart as people. Nothing bad about this it is just part of growing up and maturing in different directions. Careers, finances, opportunities and life goals often forge us into mature young adults who follow different paths but with that being said I hope it works out and you guys continue to grow closer rather than apart!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawktastix View Post
    I think this is quite a smart idea that most people who are in younger relationships gloss over. I was in a long-term relationship from after high school and throughout college and what most people don't realize that during these young adult years people change quite a decent amount. I'm only nearing my thirties now so I can't make an opinion on the years to come but so far my early twenties 20-25 I believe I changed the most as a person so far and my SO and I drifted apart as people. Nothing bad about this it is just part of growing up and maturing in different directions. Careers, finances, opportunities and life goals often forge us into mature young adults who follow different paths but with that being said I hope it works out and you guys continue to grow closer rather than apart!
    Thanks for the good wishes for me and my bf! It's true that many people grow apart (and it happens to couples of all ages, not just younger ones), but based on our personalities and where we see ourselves in the future, I'm pretty optimistic about our relationship.
    Last edited by Greco951; 10-27-2017 at 02:30 AM.