Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about people getting married young?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I graduated HS in '08 /old

Most people I kinda kept in touch with are all married with kids, in a committed relationship...and here I am playing Neopets.

Personally, I know I wasn't ready at that age range to be married and being an adult. I was more worried about trying to figure out what to do with my life. Everyone "grows up" at a different rate. I think you should wait to figure out you life, but if that is what you want and feel you are ready to take on, more power to you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-25-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    I graduated HS in '08 /old

Most people I kinda kept in touch with are all married with kids, in a committed relationship...and here I am playing Neopets.

Personally, I know I wasn't ready at that age range to be married and being an adult. I was more worried about trying to figure out what to do with my life. Everyone "grows up" at a different rate. I think you should wait to figure out you life, but if that is what you want and feel you are ready to take on, more power to you.
    Hey don't feel bad, my brother also graduated in '08 and still lives with our folks. :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I ALMOST got married at 21 but the relationship ended just months before. Obviously it was for the best - Better before than after.
    From personal experience and looking back on it 21 was far too young. I still had life to live and wasn't really ready to settle down.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I think a lot of it depends on the home life/environment too. I grew up near Chicago, nobody got married young. I however was 18 when I met my fiance. I'm 29 now (T__T) and we've been together for 10 years. I actually left Chicago 5 months after getting together with him. (I had a bad home life and put wayyyyyyyyyy more focus on getting out of a bad situation than my actual future.) However, I am still head over heeeeels for him and it was nice having that constant support after getting out of a rough situation.

I did notice when I moved to Wisconsin and even now after living in Missouri kids get married and have children WAYYYYYYYYYYYY earlier. Like I remember being 21 and almost all our friends in Wisconsin were married and pregnant or trying to be. All my friends back home didn't have that same mindset. I'm down for people following their hearts but man I am a lot more mature now than I was then. I think i'm really lucky to of found such a great guy and we made it through a shit ton...and we still aren't even married. (It's just way expensive and old family drama prevented it happening sooner than later). So I think there are a lot of contributing factors.

It's hard seeing people you know are headed down a road for divorce but just take from it what you can and be super appreciative that you have a better head on your shoulders than that chick who lost all her friends! XD

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I married my high school boyfriend at 19, was unhappy at 20 and left him at 21. Wasn't for religious reasons or anything, it just felt like the logical next step after living together. In our situation, the crux was that he changed so much after school. I've always been very anti-drugs, due to growing up with drug addict parents, but he started experimenting with them. Didn't understand why it was a big deal to me.

It all works out for the best in the end. In retrospect, it's a bad idea because at that age you don't know who you will end up being. I've now been married to Blake for 2 years, and in our ~7 years we've never fought once.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm the kind of person that has certain goals I'd to accomplish before getting into a serious relationship with someone.
    In my opinion, marrying someone at a young age wouldn't really be a good idea, it could limit your choices of where you'd like to live, work, where you'd like to travel and etc. I think there are so many things out there that you can see and explore (not talking about drugs or anything like that) but when you get married, you bring it with several different responsabilities.

I think the couple don't know much about life and how things work so a little bit of experience would be good.
    But that's just me! I've seen couples marrying at 17/18 years old and are together until today but the vast majority divorces after 1.5 ~ 3 years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I graduated high school in June 2008 and got married April 2009. My husband and I have been together since junior year and although we have had lots of ups and downs we've done pretty well. We just had our 8th wedding anniversary.

TBH I don't really have much of an opinion on marrying young. It works for some and not for others.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

athron (05-25-2017)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    We were poly from the get-go. We started out as friends, then very good friends, et cetera. During that time she started seeing somebody who was poly, so when we started to really fall for each other we were poly by default. It's definitely not for everybody who knows how I'll feel ten, twenty years down the line, but for now (and for the forseeable future) it works. Also, it's probably worth noting we're currently long distance. Also, also, girlfriend*.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

What would those benefits be?
    Usually health insurance

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I would marry for the fun of it like in Vegas omg that would be so funny like marry a friend in a drive thru wedding but not like get married legit no I think it's time to party live life!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    I would marry for the fun of it like in Vegas omg that would be so funny like marry a friend in a drive thru wedding but not like get married legit no I think it's time to party live life!!
    I had a drive thru wedding in Vegas.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')