Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about people getting married young?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I'm graduating next month from high school, and I think that, if anyone were to get married straight out of high school, I would usually regard it as odd. Teenagers and young adults even are still growing and constantly changing. It is not unusual for early wedders to break up because of that reason. In my opinion, I would wait a few years out of high school, at least. Marriage is a life-long commitment, and you definitely want to grow with your partner and truly discover if you two are meant to be, rather than face issues in the road. Issues of which high schoolers don't usually face, like paying mortgage/rent, getting a real job, starting a family, etc.
    One of my best friends has a boyfriend she has been with for like three years. They're madly in love and I do suspect that they'll get married shortly after high school, but even to them I'd suggest waiting. It's better to wait than to land yourself in a mess in the future.
    you trying to get hitched?
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    (you need an account to see links)
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac106 View Post
    you trying to get hitched?
    what are you on about boy
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    A lot of the people I know who got married while still in college were pretty religious and then know one couple who did it because`he was military.
    I graduated high school in '09 and so many of my classmates have gotten officially engaged the past year. It seems wild. I mean, my girlfriend and I are very serious about eventually getting married, but we probably won't get engaged for another few years. We both want to feel more settled with life. Also, we're open/poly, so there's less of the pressure of feeling like you're committed to solely one person for the rest of your life.
    Omg, how long were you and your boyfriend together before becoming poly? I couldn't imagine that type of relationship.. I'm so curious how it could work out!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Marriage is a deeply-flawed system, (you need an account to see links) I'm not surprised young men don't want to get married as it's been utterly ruined from a legal standpoint. There's no benefit for them at all.

That being said... (you need an account to see links), which means people who come here from other nations are vastly out-breeding native Americans. I want to live in the United States, not Mexico or India or Russia, which means I greatly advocate more young American marriages if they are financially stable.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by ckatg View Post
    I think you are disregarding different personality types. Sure, some people might need to be alone and free to feel like they are "experiencing life".. But many people are perfectly happy experiencing life with their best friend beside them.

I've been with my boyfriend since I was 20, and I am now 24. I feel like I am having a perfectly fine time "experiencing life", regardless of the fact that I am basically married to my best friend.

I'm excited to get married and have kids. Shame on me, right? (not implying it is coming soon, just something I am looking forward to)
    I didn't mean it in that regards - I think it's great that you have someone to experience life with.

It's more so I know a bunch of people who have had kids or been married in their late teens/early twenties who regret not waiting. In my early twenties I had some great opportunities that I would not have had if I had been in a long term relationship with a lot commitments.

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 7h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    It's personally not my life, so whatever people do, they do. Personally, I'd wait a while for marriage, maybe stay engaged for a year or two. I also take marriage benefits into factor. However, I don't think same-sex marriage has the same benefits other marriages do, last time I checked.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

paris hilton (07-27-2017)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    what are you on about boy
    is that a hard no or...????
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

Aura (05-25-2017),Ghosts (05-25-2017),kat. (05-25-2017)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Omg, how long were you and your boyfriend together before becoming poly? I couldn't imagine that type of relationship.. I'm so curious how it could work out!
    We were poly from the get-go. We started out as friends, then very good friends, et cetera. During that time she started seeing somebody who was poly, so when we started to really fall for each other we were poly by default. It's definitely not for everybody who knows how I'll feel ten, twenty years down the line, but for now (and for the forseeable future) it works. Also, it's probably worth noting we're currently long distance. Also, also, girlfriend*.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    It's personally not my life, so whatever people do, they do. Personally, I'd wait a while for marriage, maybe stay engaged for a year or two. I also take marriage benefits into factor. However, I don't think same-sex marriage has the same benefits other marriages do, last time I checked.
    What would those benefits be?

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    We were poly from the get-go. We started out as friends, then very good friends, et cetera. During that time she started seeing somebody who was poly, so when we started to really fall for each other we were poly by default. It's definitely not for everybody who knows how I'll feel ten, twenty years down the line, but for now (and for the forseeable future) it works. Also, it's probably worth noting we're currently long distance. Also, also, girlfriend*.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Ah, my apologies. I don't know how I didn't read girlfriend the first time. XD

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Ah, my apologies. I don't know how I didn't read girlfriend the first time. XD
    No worries, things like that happen!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB