Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many players would you guess Neopets still has? (not including botters lol)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The Neopian Lottery displays how many tickets are purchased each day: (you need an account to see links)

Given that each player can buy 20 tickets/day, I figure at minimum there's around 1K people who play daily.

This isn't a great statistic but it's one of the few estimates we have of how many people actually play. And of course not everyone plays the lottery.

---

Also in response to champloo's China statement, I'm fairly certain that Neopets is blocked everywhere in China except Hong Kong. I wouldn't count on the numbers being falsely inflated for that reason.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by thisismyname View Post
    The Neopian Lottery displays how many tickets are purchased each day: (you need an account to see links)

Given that each player can buy 20 tickets/day, I figure at minimum there's around 1K people who play daily.

This isn't a great statistic but it's one of the few estimates we have of how many people actually play. And of course not everyone plays the lottery.

---

Also in response to champloo's China statement, I'm fairly certain that Neopets is blocked everywhere in China except Hong Kong. I wouldn't count on the numbers being falsely inflated for that reason.
    A lot of things are banned in China. I'm not sure if Neopets is (and I don't know why it would be) but there's plenty of ways to get around it.

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    A lot of things are banned in China. I'm not sure if Neopets is (and I don't know why it would be) but there's plenty of ways to get around it.
    We come from Shenkuu haha, as seen on the icon
    (you need an account to see links)
    This is the Neopets group of China and no Neopets isn't blocked in China. I think Baidu is like a FB version of China. There's also a FB group for Taiwanese players.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumemi View Post
    We come from Shenkuu haha, as seen on the icon
    This is the Neopets group of China and no Neopets isn't blocked in China. I think Baidu is like a FB version of China. There's also a FB group for Taiwanese players.
    That's very interesting. Would you say you have any idea of how large the Chinese Neopets userbase is? This page suggests about 24k (or maybe that's just page views.)

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    That's very interesting. Would you say you have any idea of how large the Chinese Neopets userbase is? This page suggests about 24k (or maybe that's just page views.)
    I'm not sure but the 900,000 number is posts. That's what I gather from google translate. Honestly China's population is huge and lots of Chinese teenagers/kids love video games. They should really advertise in China more to gain more players, it is a goldmine out there. I don't think Chinese people can buy NC? But correct me if I'm wrong. And NC is a lot to miss out on

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm not sure but the 900,000 number is posts. That's what I gather from google translate. Honestly China's population is huge and lots of Chinese teenagers/kids love video games. They should really advertise in China more to gain more players, it is a goldmine out there. I don't think Chinese people can buy NC? But correct me if I'm wrong. And NC is a lot to miss out on
    Well in Grand Theft Auto Online, for example, they can buy something called shark cards. This serves as a sort of real money supplement for in-game money, which ordinarily takes a while to earn.

I imagine they could buy NC with no real issue.

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Well in Grand Theft Auto Online, for example, they can buy something called shark cards. This serves as a sort of real money supplement for in-game money, which ordinarily takes a while to earn.

I imagine they could buy NC with no real issue.
    Also I switched my language to Chinese and I can't see the boards on there! It seems to be telling me that there's no boards in Chinese. That would drive away lots of Chinese players...But I imagine it's cuz they don't have Chinese staff to manage it. They should though >_> I'm sure they can find a Chinese-speaking staff person anywhere.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Also I switched my language to Chinese and I can't see the boards on there! It seems to be telling me that there's no boards in Chinese. That would drive away lots of Chinese players...But I imagine it's cuz they don't have Chinese staff to manage it. They should though >_> I'm sure they can find a Chinese-speaking staff person anywhere.
    I think that happens for any account language that isn't English.

I agree though, it's not hard to set up text boards. Every language should get one.

Top ♥ Idol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    25d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I think that happens for any account language that isn't English.

I agree though, it's not hard to set up text boards. Every language should get one.
    I think that not all languages should get one, it's a waste of money if they do. Maybe just the languages with the most people. I'm sure that there's non-English boards but apparently not Chinese. They are missing a huge market here. That tieba website imply Neopets isn't blocked in China and even if it were there's lots of Chinese people in other countries.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Yeah, maybe around 1,000 or more. I know a long time ago they had statistics on how many people were online, but I have no idea where they are now
    It's still in the index page's source code, but it's stuck/frozen and showing an inaccurate number.
    I'd estimate "a few thousands" (5k+) though.

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」