Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This was always my fear. I bought a UC about 4 years ago now (said they had him for years, legit, just wanted to make money and quit) and he's still buried on a side account that I don't bring near the boards just in case. He's hooooorribly named, but it's such a distinct name I don't want someone to say something. Like "Hey that was Bob's UC and he would have never traded him! Reported" People are so petty on the PC. I remember when UCs that were UFA were causing accounts to get frozen when someone didn't get chosen. ;/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    It's so sad though. Like what's the point of having it if eventually you can't do your normal day-to-day neopetting because of icing?

I just stuff them on a side i don't use, wait a few months, move them to my legit side that's linked to a main (still don't go on the boards or mention it), after another few months, name drop that i have it in my guild or amongst friends, then after awhile maybe transfer to my main (still no boards), talk in my guild with it on my account, get people used to seeing it around, maybe give a good luck on the boards or whatever, but keep it non-active, then eventually, it's been seen by enough people who know it's mine and after 13 years of slow moving and chatting, you can finally put it on your main account as active pet and be a pretentious asshat about how cool and elitist you are.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

resJUN (05-25-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    34d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    PCers are so ridiculous with their report hapiness. I don't know why people still post their ucs on PC

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pinguim For This Useful Post:

LackofColor (05-23-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 30m
    The cycle repeates itself. It's been so long that there are new people who think that magically being gifted an UC is a good idea. What do they say about those who forget history? Oh well. They will learn again after they get iced for making a big scene.

Quote Originally Posted by people View Post
    I remember when PC Blacklist was a thing and I never visit at least the PC boards, and I was getting so much shit because they thought my vbn uc grey kacheek was illegit it was well known on the pc and I traded on site. lol
    I took care of them awhile ago
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Aska (05-23-2017),Corliss (05-23-2017),Daffodil (05-23-2017),LackofColor (05-23-2017),Lilac Tentacles (05-23-2017),people (05-23-2017),Rue (05-23-2017),Sakuras (05-24-2017),Winona (05-23-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    It's so sad though. Like what's the point of having it if eventually you can't do your normal day-to-day neopetting because of icing?

I just stuff them on a side i don't use, wait a few months, move them to my legit side that's linked to a main (still don't go on the boards or mention it), after another few months, name drop that i have it in my guild or amongst friends, then after awhile maybe transfer to my main (still no boards), talk in my guild with it on my account, get people used to seeing it around, maybe give a good luck on the boards or whatever, but keep it non-active, then eventually, it's been seen by enough people who know it's mine and after 13 years of slow moving and chatting, you can finally put it on your main account as active pet and be a pretentious asshat about how cool and elitist you are.

Only 9 more years to go and he can be on my main account! He went to a shell for a few months then to a side account where he's been for 4 years. I might have entered him in a BC once so I mean at least I have that going for me? Not that TNT is very forgiving or understanding or listens at all...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by LackofColor View Post
    Only 9 more years to go and he can be on my main account! He went to a shell for a few months then to a side account where he's been for 4 years. I might have entered him in a BC once so I mean at least I have that going for me? Not that TNT is very forgiving or understanding or listens at all...
    It was easier to mess with these fuckers when we were able to google cache them to your account. Now no one believes anyone and they just ice "in case" because "TNT will totally and fairly determine if your pet is legit"... yeah. Their track record for actual detective work is pristine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    Imagine being so sad you actually discuss Neopets off of the website itself.
    isn't that what we are doing now.........

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to people For This Useful Post:

dyinghearte (05-23-2017),fae (05-24-2017),Pusheen (05-23-2017),Ragemodeactivate (05-23-2017),resJUN (05-25-2017),Sakuras (05-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It was easier to mess with these fuckers when we were able to google cache them to your account. Now no one believes anyone and they just ice "in case" because "TNT will totally and fairly determine if your pet is legit"... yeah. Their track record for actual detective work is pristine.
    I have never met a more incompetent support team, and I've had both Sprint and Comcast. In like 2005 the side account rule for less accounts or something and I didn't want to get banned, so I sent my items and pets over to my 2 newer accounts and 1 main and pounded the ones I didn't want. They did a sweeping ban on all like 8 accounts. PC is a bunch of petty babies some times, and I used to love people I met there. ;/

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by people View Post
    isn't that what we are doing now.........
    (you need an account to see links)

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

You could also just say (if you aren't legit) the original trader got iced. Thus someone got "punished" for the "bad thing," yet you get to keep the pet as an innocent bystander.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Bringing more attention to it doesn't really help, at least neoboards expire lol
    I found the gifter/gifted.