Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aaaa would u commission me? (art)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Super cute.
    The only thing I would say is perhaps the program you use needs a upgrade, looks like you use MSPaint? Idk, I don't like how the lines look on anything done in paint, they're very rigid and gritty. Maybe try another programme?
    Ability wise though, you're awesome!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Hipster View Post
    Super cute.
    The only thing I would say is perhaps the program you use needs a upgrade, looks like you use MSPaint? Idk, I don't like how the lines look on anything done in paint, they're very rigid and gritty. Maybe try another programme?
    Ability wise though, you're awesome!
    thank you! i actually intended for it to be like that, because it made it faster and easier for me to fill in colours xD
    i did it on photoshop! but i will keep your opinion in mind, i might have an option for the art to be done with the brush tool then!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i would eventually buy from you ;u;

for critiques, first thing i noticed was lineart coloring. some artists leave the outer lineart a darker color and make the inside match the coloring. some match the coloring all around. some just make it all one color. your lineart coloring seems to be sporadic and a bit sloppy. you can see lots of flakes of black in your colored lineart, and why is there black lineart if some of it is colored? also the lineart itself is pretty rigid and gritty like said above. you say it's "faster and easier," but faster and easier isn't what makes art better! your art is already adorable, and this is just my opinion, but if you either go back and touch up your solid lines (which will take time, yes, but it will look a lot better!) or consider using a brush tool instead, you'll see a difference.
    i can't judge based on just one picture, but brush up on anatomy! even chibi-like artists like you and me need to know what things look like realistically so that our art looks better overall. when i draw my neopets quad, i use references of animals that they look like even when i'm drawing them as cute little balls of fur like this picture. too many anatomy pictures never hurt.
    your coloring style is superb. i love it. i adore it. absolutely no issues there. like seriously. it's fantastic.
    so is your style overall. it's adorable. it's a yes from me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buns View Post
    i would eventually buy from you ;u;

for critiques, first thing i noticed was lineart coloring. some artists leave the outer lineart a darker color and make the inside match the coloring. some match the coloring all around. some just make it all one color. your lineart coloring seems to be sporadic and a bit sloppy. you can see lots of flakes of black in your colored lineart, and why is there black lineart if some of it is colored? also the lineart itself is pretty rigid and gritty like said above. you say it's "faster and easier," but faster and easier isn't what makes art better! your art is already adorable, and this is just my opinion, but if you either go back and touch up your solid lines (which will take time, yes, but it will look a lot better!) or consider using a brush tool instead, you'll see a difference.
    i can't judge based on just one picture, but brush up on anatomy! even chibi-like artists like you and me need to know what things look like realistically so that our art looks better overall. when i draw my neopets quad, i use references of animals that they look like even when i'm drawing them as cute little balls of fur like this picture. too many anatomy pictures never hurt.
    your coloring style is superb. i love it. i adore it. absolutely no issues there. like seriously. it's fantastic.
    so is your style overall. it's adorable. it's a yes from me.
    thank you so much for the honest critique! i'll learn from it! yeah i do agree with the sloppy colouring the line art, could've been better haha! and yeah i was trying to go for a more dynamic pose but i need to learn more about anatomy xD thanks so much!! by the way, how much do you think i should charge for something like that? i did this one in about 1.5 hours but i think with the brush tool i might take up to 2.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fae For This Useful Post:

Bani (05-24-2017),Synth Salazzle (05-24-2017)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by fae View Post
    thank you so much for the honest critique! i'll learn from it! yeah i do agree with the sloppy colouring the line art, could've been better haha! and yeah i was trying to go for a more dynamic pose but i need to learn more about anatomy xD thanks so much!! by the way, how much do you think i should charge for something like that? i did this one in about 1.5 hours but i think with the brush tool i might take up to 2.
    I think you should keep studying and trying, your art is already nice but you have serious potential to be even better.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

fae (05-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    9d 12h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsoka View Post
    I think you should keep studying and trying, your art is already nice but you have serious potential to be even better.
    that's so nice of u! it's a little difficult juggling school/music and drawing, but if i can, i'd love to make drawing my second job. xD

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    that's so nice of u! it's a little difficult juggling school/music and drawing, but if i can, i'd love to make drawing my second job. xD
    I know how that is, just do little doodles while you can. If it doesn't distract you from class should try just doing little doodles while you listen. It's nice to just get practice in any moment you can.

I'm not very good yet myself, but practice is absolute key.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

fae (05-25-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    for that one style specifically i'd charge around $10-15 personally, but others might have different opinions.
    remember to never undersell yourself. don't sell your art for less than you think it's worth, even if one or two people say "it's too expensive!" because you'll find customers who WILL buy it for that and more. it's your time and love going into that piece.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bani For This Useful Post:

fae (05-25-2017)