6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

guys i am sad

so my boyfriend and I went to Carolina Rebellion this weekend, and it was the most time we've ever spent together in the just over 9 months we have been together. I stayed at his house Thursday night and we left first thing Friday morning; we got back that Monday afternoon and I stayed over til he went to work. (He works 3rd shift as a stocker) Oh, we live a little over an hour apart.
    He works third shift and I usually work from either 10-6:30 or somewhere around there (I work in a UPS store so we aren't open late, nor Sundays), so it makes it difficult seeing each other. We have dinner together Wednesdays before he goes to work, he comes and sees me on Fridays, and I go to see him Sundays so we all can eat a family meal together.
    ever since I got back from the trip I have just been....sad... like when he left earlier tonight I cried for 20+ minutes...
    I know we don't live too far apart, but I just get incredibly sad when he leaves or we are not together

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    This should be your face:

Don't be sad.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Aura (05-10-2017),people (05-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    This should be your face:

Don't be sad.
    ahahah that made me laugh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to people For This Useful Post:

j03 (05-10-2017)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    112d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I think since you just spent a large amount of time with him, you are used to having him around you 24/7, and currently you're going through a small period of withdrawal from that (the same way you feel for the beach after a vacation, except this is for a person so it's that much more impactful). Regardless, the way your current circumstances seem to be, there isn't too much you can do to make it back to the amount of time you spent together from your trip. The only advice I can give is to make sure to enjoy the time you have together. No phones, no distractions, just quality time spent with one another. Take advantage of the little things, phone calls, FaceTime, all the meals you share together. If you feel as strongly about his guy as you've made it seem, then every waking moment you spend with him will be absolutely amazing and you will be able to cherish the memories you make out of the moments you spend together. What you're feeling is a mountaintop effect: the amount of happiness you feel was like being dropped off at the peak of a mountain of happiness, and then you went down the mountain after the weekend ended. Right now, you want to go right back up to the peak happiness that you felt during your excursion together, but you can't go right to the top again; you have to get acclimated, go up a little towards that pure happiness for little moments of happiness, the dinners, the time spent together when you can, and then you slowly go back down to where you originally were, the temporary sadness you feel now. Well, over time, you will eventually go back up that mountain of happiness, enjoying each time spent together just that much more, slowly but surely, and the time apart, going back down the mountain, won't seem as bad because you aren't going back to square one. You're learning to appreciate and enjoy everything more and more, little by little, until eventually, you'll get another mountaintop experience of happiness together. Hope that made at least a bit of sense

What you're feeling is normal and we've all felt it to some extent. Just know that we, as a community, and your friends around you, are here to help you through this. Being in a relationship is not an easy task, especially when distance and schedules make it not the perfect scenario that you had in your mind. But in reality, the perfect scenario is the one you make; the little time spent together, the moments of happiness you do get - the perfect moments you do make matter.

So yes you're a bit sad now, put a smile on your face, text him, tell him how much you miss him and care about him, and then you've gotta get your mind off of it for the time being. Okay?
    Sometimes the worst mistakes make the funniest memories
    Guac forever <3
    But Dix foreverest

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andymac106 For This Useful Post:

people (05-10-2017)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Aw Half the year my relationship is extremely long distance, so I completely relate to how you're feeling (about not seeing each other very much). Cherish the time you have together when you do, and hopefully in the future you'll be able to spend time together more often Sending you love and hugs!

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I really like your avatar btw!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I feel you, at times I wish I could see my boyfriend everyday but because of his work and my studies, it's not possible, but I feed myself with thinking that being always together is not healthy either, and each person needs time of their own So don't be sad, and try to cherish the moments that you do see him!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac106 View Post
    I think since you just spent a large amount of time with him, you are used to having him around you 24/7, and currently you're going through a small period of withdrawal from that (the same way you feel for the beach after a vacation, except this is for a person so it's that much more impactful). Regardless, the way your current circumstances seem to be, there isn't too much you can do to make it back to the amount of time you spent together from your trip. The only advice I can give is to make sure to enjoy the time you have together. No phones, no distractions, just quality time spent with one another. Take advantage of the little things, phone calls, FaceTime, all the meals you share together. If you feel as strongly about his guy as you've made it seem, then every waking moment you spend with him will be absolutely amazing and you will be able to cherish the memories you make out of the moments you spend together. What you're feeling is a mountaintop effect: the amount of happiness you feel was like being dropped off at the peak of a mountain of happiness, and then you went down the mountain after the weekend ended. Right now, you want to go right back up to the peak happiness that you felt during your excursion together, but you can't go right to the top again; you have to get acclimated, go up a little towards that pure happiness for little moments of happiness, the dinners, the time spent together when you can, and then you slowly go back down to where you originally were, the temporary sadness you feel now. Well, over time, you will eventually go back up that mountain of happiness, enjoying each time spent together just that much more, slowly but surely, and the time apart, going back down the mountain, won't seem as bad because you aren't going back to square one. You're learning to appreciate and enjoy everything more and more, little by little, until eventually, you'll get another mountaintop experience of happiness together. Hope that made at least a bit of sense

What you're feeling is normal and we've all felt it to some extent. Just know that we, as a community, and your friends around you, are here to help you through this. Being in a relationship is not an easy task, especially when distance and schedules make it not the perfect scenario that you had in your mind. But in reality, the perfect scenario is the one you make; the little time spent together, the moments of happiness you do get - the perfect moments you do make matter.

So yes you're a bit sad now, put a smile on your face, text him, tell him how much you miss him and care about him, and then you've gotta get your mind off of it for the time being. Okay?
    this actually made me tear up. Thank you so much

thanks everyone else too. It is hard sometimes. I have thought about getting a second job at nights and on weekends so I can save up more money to help us afford to live together, but he doesn't want me to get one because it would take away from the time we get to see one another. He does work full time and makes about 1600 a month, but...sigh. thanks again you guys.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to people For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (05-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m