Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic Surgeries - Whats your oppinion?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Question Plastic Surgeries - Whats your oppinion?

There are always 2 sides (or more) to everything.. specially when it comes to opinions.
    I was sitting here and wondering what other people think of plastic surgeries (cosmetic and non-cosmetic) and the whole idea of improving your appearance to (maybe) fit a certain image. Take this as an example: Eyelid surgeries in Korea are trending because monolids aren't considered "beautiful" anymore..

I have no issue on people spending money to get plastic surgery. It's your body and your money, do with it whatever you want.
    How far you take it.. well that's your choice.

What's your opinion on the topic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sorahloveless For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    idk man if you got the money then go for it
    i cant talk shit bc the surgeries ive had would probably count heavily as plastic surgery to most. sometimes it looks stupid and awful but like i said, if you got the money then. its your money.
    and i know not everyones self esteem can be fixed with kind words and a bit of self love so if it makes them happy then im happy for them

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017),Android (05-05-2017),sorahloveless (05-05-2017)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    51/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm not judging anyone. Sure, there are plastic surgeries that don't look very good, but that is the fault of the surgeon and not the person.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017),sorahloveless (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    What other people do with their body and money is none of my business. If it makes you happy then all power to you.

Now personally if I had the money I'd probably consider it but what I want isn't anything major. Once I lost some weight I would love a tummy tuck. I've had 2 c-sections and (sorry, TMI) I have that little droopy pouch going on. Also I wouldn't mind getting a boob job because I'm so insecure about how they look. Other than those 2 things I don't think I would get any other surgeries done unless it was necessary (like from injury or whatever).
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bexxie For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Not a fan. Unless you need broken mangled pieces put back together after a tragic accident or one is torn apart from a car accident and thus needing a reconstructive plastic surgeon I see no real purpose.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I would have plastic surgery if I could afford it. Would fix my tits which have been different sizes (noticeably..I know a bit is normal) since they came and would also probably have lipo.

I don't think it should be available on the NHS though (am from the UK) unless its reconstructive after for example a mastectomy. At the moment we have people with small boobs being approved for an enhancement for non-medical purposes which annoys me a bit as my sister has been told she would absolutely never get the funding for a reduction...even though her extremely large tits cause her back pain.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vj87 For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by vj87 View Post
    I would have plastic surgery if I could afford it. Would fix my tits which have been different sizes (noticeably..I know a bit is normal) since they came and would also probably have lipo.

I don't think it should be available on the NHS though (am from the UK) unless its reconstructive after for example a mastectomy. At the moment we have people with small boobs being approved for an enhancement for non-medical purposes which annoys me a bit as my sister has been told she would absolutely never get the funding for a reduction...even though her extremely large tits cause her back pain.
    Mine differ in size also. That's one of things that make me self conscious of them.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I more into designer babies than plastic surgery.

Perfect example kylie jenner. Ugly little bloke (to me) till she reconstructed herself. Now she doesn't look anything like what she "really" looks like. Which is even uglier (to me)

I've had plastic surgery, but it was because i completely shattered my nose. It's still crooked as shit but I'm not looking to get injections in my biceps so i have bigger fake muscles. Or to shave down my jaw line so i have a slightly thinner look. Thats not real to me, it has to mess up the balance from your genetics and may cause further problems..

Ever heard of the chick who removed a hangnail in her foot? (oldish news) But it caused some sort of imbalance in her body that caused her to have excruciating pain in her leg. Her only option was to amputate her leg.

Boob jobs and things like that, i guess make sense to a degree. But again, you can't expect every guy to be like oh hell yea. Or expect the guy your interested in to accept it, if he doesnt agree with it, or simply isn't into that body style.

I mean shit, i wish i had a bigger dick, smaller nose, lower cheek bones (too high imo) and the list goes on. My left nut bigger than my right nut? That's weird no? But I also don't wanna appear as something I'm not.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

sorahloveless (05-06-2017)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I'd probably never get it for myself, BUT I'm all for it if it'll really help the person look and feel better.

Looks are incredibly important and influence practically all aspects of your life where you need to present yourself. There's just been so much research done to back this up, and a lot of attention has been drawn to the issue via the news/other media lately.
    - For example, it's been found that looks influence the likelihood of an employer hiring you, just as employers have been found to judge based on whether your name sounds "ethnic" or not.
    - Looks have also been found to influence the salary that you earn as well as how high you can advance in your job.
    - Heck, looks even determine whether people want to sit next to you in a classroom or public place (actual research finding lol).

If getting plastic surgery makes you feel better about yourself AND makes others feel better about you at first glance, then why not?

Here's a Forbes article that references all the relevant research findings that it describes: (you need an account to see links)

Some more:
    (you need an account to see links)

And it's pretty easy to find more sources from just Google searching something like "appearance employer decisions" or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 05-05-2017 at 01:41 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017),sorahloveless (05-06-2017),Sugar Rush (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    There are also links between depression after cosmetic and plastic surgery. Wanting a 'new self' and being disappointed with the outcome.

If I am not chosen for a job based on my appearance then the dickwad can gladly say no. I would not want to work somewhere that appearance ranks higher than quality. Plus, that sounds like a basis for a possible lawsuit.
    Last edited by Sci_Girl; 05-05-2017 at 02:06 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017),sorahloveless (05-06-2017)