182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Editing your hosts file to block websites

So my ADD has full control tonight and I was going to go to bed quite a few hours ago. Instead just been dinking around on pc and google looking up different ways of making pc faster/cleaner/stronger

ran across this site that has a bunch of web info of stuff you can put in your hosts file and it will block requests from those sites. How do I know it works? Because in the meanderings of google I found my hosts file and I saw that postimg.org got put in there from some program or extension I had. for the LONGEST time any picture someone posted from that domain didn't show up for me at all, I had to view source to see that there was even a link for that image. I had to turn on my vpn to see pictures and i could not figure out wtf why.

I deleted the line in the hosts file and omg i can see pictures again yay.

(you need an account to see links)

just ignore the shock site part. I mean who wants to block shock sites, those are what makes the internet cool. The page looked pretty basic but it has windows 10 reporting domains so it has to be at least within this decade right?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

j03 (05-05-2017)