Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can I block myself from seeing certain user's avatars on here?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
    But I guess we're all just going to accept Hitler but cry like babies over a bloody nose...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahsoka View Post
    Doesn't change what it is. If we censor one, then we have to censor all. Meaning you'd have to change your name and picture.

You can't just have people cater to your one desire and no one else's. Yeah, it's gross. But you can easily just not look at it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I don't believe in safe spaces.

This world has gone soft, really soft.

It's okay for people to have conflicting opinions. It's what college is all about, and having an intellectual debate about.. ANYTHING.

The other thing about "safe spaces" I really don't like is the thought that they (who's they?) can pick and choose, and that what they are doing isn't hurting anyone else.

It's so one sided. Wake up people! The world don't owe you SHIT!
    Please tell me where I said I'm owed anything or even asked anyone to take ANYTHING down? Did I ask it to be censored for everyone? NO. All I asked is if there was a way to block it from MY PERSONAL VIEW.

Your points, l2eap, are especially invalid because nobody mentioned anything about safe spaces. I wasn't trying to dictate (c what i did there?) anything to anyone.

Jesus fucking Christ, I swear people are just out to try and start shit. I was trying to do the opposite of being a dick about it and asking for it to be removed because it's my issue, nobody else's, I honestly didn't know you could use Adblock to block an avatar, now I know and that's all I wanted. It didn't have to become a debate on whether the image is fine or not.

I posted my reasoning, I honestly do have an irrational phobia of nose bleeds. It sounds stupid, but it's there. It happened a lot when I was a kid to the point of hospitalisation and even the sight of it on anyone brings me out in a cold sweat. It is my problem, nobody else's, so I was trying to rectify my problem not have anyone else rectify it for me.

If you don't like my avatar, by all means use the method posted above to block it. You guys are just being awkward for the sake of being awkward. Grow up.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by elizachan View Post
    I'm so sorry! I'll change it D:
    Thank you sweetie, but you honestly don't have to change it if you don't want to. I can easily block it like other's have said. Totally up to you, but thank you for the consideration either way! ^_^
    Last edited by Howl; 05-05-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I'm going to go ahead and close this, as elizachan's avatar has been changed / solutions have been suggested for this and I can only see more drama emerging from this.
    If anyone else has anything else to say to each other, please take it to PMs. Remember that we're all different people with different views on what we may consider offensive/disturbing/etc. If you find something disturbing, block the avatar/user or message them respectfully through PMs.
    i love luna

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aura For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017),Chili (05-05-2017),Mama Bear (05-05-2017),Ms M. (05-06-2017),Synth Salazzle (05-05-2017)