Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: {|2eap} Proxies/ VPN's and User-Agents! Stay educated with the latest! {|2eap}

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    Ah and so because I have fiber and can do stuff super fast that is why i notice it happening so quickly?

Just did a speed test right after turning it on for chrome.
    Speed test firefox 96.56 download 95.23 upload 10 ms ping
    Speed test chrome with extension on 92.56 download 81.29 upload 73 ms ping
    wow you got fiber? Bruhhhh, let me come move to your town

2. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Stocking Anarchy (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Nice informative post, fix some of the grammatical errors and I'll +rep (nitpicking here e.e). Hopefully this reduces the amount of threads asking similar questions.
    A few things:
    Most bots use either an old ass version of IE or Firefox as the default user agent, not chrome. Most bots come with the option to set your own/custom user agent nowadays tho'.
    A VPN doesn't really limit users to a single account if you use virtual machines, but that wouldn't really be practical (turning on/off a VPN client is already a pain in the a�� for some people so I'd imagine having to set up and start a VM would be hell for them) it would also require more resources. Some clients allow you to choose which apps connect through the VPN though, so that's kinda useful for some.
    Same with browsers and user agents, I know for a fact that if you want to fully spoof your user agent with Firefox you gotta do some extra tweaks on the about:config page. Modifying the headers isn't enough for some pages.
    Always test your IPs and user agents with multiple pages/tools as not all of them use the same method(s).

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
    Nice informative post, fix some of the grammatical errors and I'll +rep (nitpicking here e.e). Hopefully this reduces the amount of threads asking similar questions.
    A few things:
    Most bots use either an old ass version of IE or Firefox as the default user agent, not chrome. Most bots come with the option to set your own/custom user agent nowadays tho'.
    A VPN doesn't really limit users to a single account if you use virtual machines, but that wouldn't really be practical (turning on/off a VPN client is already a pain in the a•• for some people so I'd imagine having to set up and start a VM would be hell for them) it would also require more resources. Some clients allow you to choose which apps connect through the VPN though, so that's kinda useful for some.
    Same with browsers and user agents, I know for a fact that if you want to fully spoof your user agent with Firefox you gotta do some extra tweaks on the about:config page. Modifying the headers isn't enough for some pages.
    Always test your IPs and user agents with multiple pages/tools as not all of them use the same method(s).
    I agree with the VPS solution for VPN's but that sounds like another guide for another day.

All valid points, but I believe to be for a little bit more experienced. My mistake to about the Chrome statement, i use and code only python bots, and from what i've collected they were Chrome on a windows 7 64bit. So only imagined everyone copied everyone elses headers when they coded their bots. With the exception of Joe's bots of course. But I think whatever browser I go with, it gets the point across.

It does have grammatical errors, I can assure that. But I wrote it without doing a thorough review. Not in it for the rep but to inform, affiliate, and monetize my business as well as invite an intellectual conversation about the topic. So i'm pleased with your response, it makes me wonder if I should write a second guide for the more advanced?

But one thing that has to be clear though for the lurker. A VPN does funnel all your traffic through a single IP on whatever it's host machine is though, for all your traffic. Since its operating on the OS level. There are some exceptions, but for the basic Neopets player using someone else's coded bots, I don't think those exceptions will come to play.

I do everything via bot with Neopets so thats why I really encourage quality private proxies, which really you just gotta pay more if your worried about leakage. But if your browsing via a browser i'd go with a VPN since the possibility of vulnerability from Flash objects and things of the like which may not render using your internets or browsers proxy settings. Since some browsers (like chrome) use your systems default internet options.

As for spoofing on browsers, its a bit irrelevant don't you think? Since you'd be assigning your normal browsing user-agent to the bot that is boting for your account. That being said, I've never tried it so I don't know how to do it. Then again, I never really saw a reason to since I do everything via bots.

Whichever the case may be, outdated bots are using outdated user-agents, and most bots don't have the option's easily accessible. Which is really what I think we should be moving towards. Not everyone will have the patience or time to look up user-agents to use for each of their accounts, but if we incorporated the latest with our bots and gave options. To keep it a bit more controlled (and still offer the option of a custom user-agent for the savvy).

I also want to encourage others to learn to code as I've taught myself to just because of the sloppy coding I was experiencing in my language of choice, and opening topics like this will make other coders go back and adjust their code to make them better. Or maybe even encourage someone to code a bot that is already made but incorporates more safety protocols since Joe hasn't coded everything... yet xD

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (05-05-2017),Stocking Anarchy (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I agree with the VPS solution for VPN's but that sounds like another guide for another day.

All valid points, but I believe to be for a little bit more experienced. My mistake to about the Chrome statement, i use and code only python bots, and from what i've collected they were Chrome on a windows 7 64bit. So only imagined everyone copied everyone elses headers when they coded their bots. With the exception of Joe's bots of course. But I think whatever browser I go with, it gets the point across.

It does have grammatical errors, I can assure that. But I wrote it without doing a thorough review. Not in it for the rep but to inform, affiliate, and monetize my business as well as invite an intellectual conversation about the topic. So i'm pleased with your response, it makes me wonder if I should write a second guide for the more advanced?

But one thing that has to be clear though for the lurker. A VPN does funnel all your traffic through a single IP on whatever it's host machine is though, for all your traffic. Since its operating on the OS level. There are some exceptions, but for the basic Neopets player using someone else's coded bots, I don't think those exceptions will come to play.

I do everything via bot with Neopets so thats why I really encourage quality private proxies, which really you just gotta pay more if your worried about leakage. But if your browsing via a browser i'd go with a VPN since the possibility of vulnerability from Flash objects and things of the like which may not render using your internets or browsers proxy settings. Since some browsers (like chrome) use your systems default internet options.

As for spoofing on browsers, its a bit irrelevant don't you think? Since you'd be assigning your normal browsing user-agent to the bot that is boting for your account. That being said, I've never tried it so I don't know how to do it. Then again, I never really saw a reason to since I do everything via bots.

Whichever the case may be, outdated bots are using outdated user-agents, and most bots don't have the option's easily accessible. Which is really what I think we should be moving towards. Not everyone will have the patience or time to look up user-agents to use for each of their accounts, but if we incorporated the latest with our bots and gave options. To keep it a bit more controlled (and still offer the option of a custom user-agent for the savvy).

I also want to encourage others to learn to code as I've taught myself to just because of the sloppy coding I was experiencing in my language of choice, and opening topics like this will make other coders go back and adjust their code to make them better. Or maybe even encourage someone to code a bot that is already made but incorporates more safety protocols since Joe hasn't coded everything... yet xD
    Oh, yeah. Most python scripts have Chrome on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x64 as the default user agent, I was referring to most compiled/executables. It all depends on the developer's preferred browser to be honest.
    I'd personally like to see a more advanced guide to "test" my knowledge and see if I'm missing some stuff, etc.

Never said a VPN doesn't encrypt and mask your traffic system-wide e.e. I just said that you're not really limited to the host system, for people that know about VMs. You can set up VMs and run the VPN on each guest system but like I said, it wouldn't be practical.

There are ways to tunnel all your traffic through a proxy, without having to worry when the proxy fails (it'll simply not connect).

Not irrelevant IMHO, it would be extremely​ easy for TNT to track who's using an old bot that doesn't allow users to input an updated/current user agent, like you said. That also has a fix, but it would be complicated (I'm guessing) for the average user.

Implementing predefined and up-to-date user agent options sounds good for the user(s), but also sounds like it would be a pain in the a�� for the coder(s) as they'd need to update their bots when a new browser version/release is out, without considering multiple OSes/platforms. Unless you can retrieve the strings from a website.

Sent from my SM-G530M using Tapatalk

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Oh, yeah. Most python scripts have Chrome on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x64 as the default user agent, I was referring to most compiled/executables. It all depends on the developer's preferred browser to be honest.
    I'd personally like to see a more advanced guide to "test" my knowledge and see if I'm missing some stuff, etc.

Never said a VPN doesn't encrypt and mask your traffic system-wide e.e. I just said that you're not really limited to the host system, for people that know about VMs. You can set up VMs and run the VPN on each guest system but like I said, it wouldn't be practical.

There are ways to tunnel all your traffic through a proxy, without having to worry when the proxy fails (it'll simply not connect).

Not irrelevant IMHO, it would be extremely​ easy for TNT to track who's using an old bot that doesn't allow users to input an updated/current user agent, like you said. That also has a fix, but it would be complicated (I'm guessing) for the average user.

Implementing predefined and up-to-date user agent options sounds good for the user(s), but also sounds like it would be a pain in the a•• for the coder(s) as they'd need to update their bots when a new browser version/release is out, without considering multiple OSes/platforms. Unless you can retrieve the strings from a website.

theres api to get the current and latest user-agents, each time you start your bot you could update your database or parse the info. it's actually really easy to implement though, and i agree with the way Joe has it setup ideally, since users don't update to the latest always or immediately.

People generally won't know that the outdated bots are using different user-agents. Since most people don't know what a User-Agent is when it comes to header data. And idk if many people know how to de-compile or monitor through like charlesproxy or something and see what headers the bot is sending.

But I totally agree with you man, i just think its a little bit more advanced than what was being touched on. And i was only stating the vpn portion in my reply because when someone who has little to no knowledge reads it, they could get a false impression. One thing i've learned with marketing you have to consider your audience naive and lazy (even when they aren't). The laziness is everyone though, we'd rather click a button and have it done for us rather than figure it out ourselves. amirite? xD

And naive isn't something to be interpreted as an insult either. I'm naive in many ways myself. But I just haven't learned yet, thats all.

And most paid for private proxies disable your browsing experience if there is any kind of failure on their side, when i made that notion it was towards free proxies, but i hate those damn things (little biased) xD But even then you could code your own application to funnel your proxy settings, or use an extension.

When botting i did make a check to ensure the IP was changed, but quickly realized those IP checking sites will throttle your IP so fast. So i turned to researching quality providers of proxies so I wouldn't have to worry of such things. That's why I recommended the ones I recommended as well. There are plenty of others though, if you have some suggestions please do tell me and give me your experiences with them and research so i can include it in the list.

Do need to modify the guide some more though, and do a thorough review as you suggested. If you write a guide about proxies and tunneling i'm more than happy to link to it in context when areas need and could be further expanded upon.

Oh and explain to me more about browser spoofing through config? Could get an extension to do this too though right? For people who wouldn't feel comfortable editing the config?
    Last edited by |2eap; 05-05-2017 at 05:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    theres api to get the current and latest user-agents, each time you start your bot you could update your database or parse the info. it's actually really easy to implement though, and i agree with the way Joe has it setup ideally, since users don't update to the latest always or immediately.

People generally won't know that the outdated bots are using different user-agents. Since most people don't know what a User-Agent is when it comes to header data. And idk if many people know how to de-compile or monitor through like charlesproxy or something and see what headers the bot is sending.

But I totally agree with you man, i just think its a little bit more advanced than what was being touched on. And i was only stating the vpn portion in my reply because when someone who has little to no knowledge reads it, they could get a false impression. One thing i've learned with marketing you have to consider your audience naive and lazy (even when they aren't). The laziness is everyone though, we'd rather click a button and have it done for us rather than figure it out ourselves. amirite? xD

And naive isn't something to be interpreted as an insult either. I'm naive in many ways myself. But I just haven't learned yet, thats all.

And most paid for private proxies disable your browsing experience if there is any kind of failure on their side, when i made that notion it was towards free proxies, but i hate those damn things (little biased) xD But even then you could code your own application to funnel your proxy settings, or use an extension.

When botting i did make a check to ensure the IP was changed, but quickly realized those IP checking sites will throttle your IP so fast. So i turned to researching quality providers of proxies so I wouldn't have to worry of such things. That's why I recommended the ones I recommended as well. There are plenty of others though, if you have some suggestions please do tell me and give me your experiences with them and research so i can include it in the list.

Do need to modify the guide some more though, and do a thorough review as you suggested. If you write a guide about proxies and tunneling i'm more than happy to link to it in context when areas need and could be further expanded upon.

Oh and explain to me more about browser spoofing through config? Could get an extension to do this too though right? For people who wouldn't feel comfortable editing the config?
    Are they available for multiple coding languages though? xD
    Joe doesn't use that API as far as I know, the default user agent set for both Majin V2 and stealth core is Firefox version 40 on Windows 10 x64
    I've seen some of them, that's why I said most bots use (or used to use) an old version of either internet explorer or Firefox.
    I know and I agree, who doesn't want everything automated?
    That thing I said about not having to worry if the proxy fails was related to the use of free proxies. Sure, it'll be a pain when they fail and you send/submit a POST as you'll have to resend and confirm (if you use a browser) or the program will give you an error and sometimes even stop working, but it won't actually leak your regular IP.
    Glad to read that you're willing to make this guide as complete and "perfect" as possible . Unfortunately I don't have the time to write a guide about this atm, but it'll try to.
    I'll give you more info via pm so you can update/add that to this guide, about spoofing your user agent on Firefox (in case some people don't use bots for absolutely everything). I'm sure there's add-ons/extensions that do that for you but sometimes it's good to know what the browser add-on does, in case it ever gets removed or there's a change with how things work (which will happen soon with Firefox IIRC).

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Are they available for multiple coding languages though? xD
    Joe doesn't use that API as far as I know, the default user agent set for both Majin V2 and stealth core is Firefox version 40 on Windows 10 x64
    I've seen some of them, that's why I said most bots use (or used to use) an old version of either internet explorer or Firefox.
    I know and I agree, who doesn't want everything automated?
    That thing I said about not having to worry if the proxy fails was related to the use of free proxies. Sure, it'll be a pain when they fail and you send/submit a POST as you'll have to resend and confirm (if you use a browser) or the program will give you an error and sometimes even stop working, but it won't actually leak your regular IP.
    Glad to read that you're willing to make this guide as complete and "perfect" as possible . Unfortunately I don't have the time to write a guide about this atm, but it'll try to.
    I'll give you more info via pm so you can update/add that to this guide, about spoofing your user agent on Firefox (in case some people don't use bots for absolutely everything). I'm sure there's add-ons/extensions that do that for you but sometimes it's good to know what the browser add-on does, in case it ever gets removed or there's a change with how things work (which will happen soon with Firefox IIRC).

Sounds good man thank you!

As for the api its REALLY simple. It's through a page curl which processes php on their end and results with a json object from what i've read here.

However, I use fake-useragent which is python based but most python modules are duplicated in other languages, just would need to find it.

But honestly, just having the option to choose what OS your coming from would be more than suffice so you could at least match with what you normally browse with.
    Otherwise they would have to spoof their browser to match the bot, which seems backwards. Does spoofing your browser log you out of things that you are otherwise normally logged into like gmail? and how does gmail handle it when you try to relogin?
    Last edited by |2eap; 05-05-2017 at 09:12 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (05-05-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    Sounds good man thank you!

As for the api its REALLY simple. It's through a page curl which processes php on their end and results with a json object from what i've read here.

However, I use fake-useragent which is python based but most python modules are duplicated in other languages, just would need to find it.

But honestly, just having the option to choose what OS your coming from would be more than suffice so you could at least match with what you normally browse with.
    Otherwise they would have to spoof their browser to match the bot, which seems backwards. Does spoofing your browser log you out of things that you are otherwise normally logged into like gmail? and how does gmail handle it when you try to relogin?
    Sounds easy/practical, cURL is also cross-platform so that's a plus (I've seen binaries for the three major operating​ systems at least)
    Guessing that's a python library/module? Never seen it used in any script e.e
    I'm one of those people that only uses a single browser for everything (<3 Firefox) and it should be the other way around, match the bot's user agent with the browser's user agent.

Nope, spoofing the user agent doesn't really affect anything, with the exception of how a page renders. Keeps my cookies so I don't have to log in again. But it should work as it usually does.

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Accelerator For This Useful Post:

|2eap (05-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Sounds easy/practical, cURL is also cross-platform so that's a plus (I've seen binaries for the three major operating​ systems at least)
    Guessing that's a python library/module? Never seen it used in any script e.e
    I'm one of those people that only uses a single browser for everything (<3 Firefox) and it should be the other way around, match the bot's user agent with the browser's user agent.

Nope, spoofing the user agent doesn't really affect anything, with the exception of how a page renders. Keeps my cookies so I don't have to log in again. But it should work as it usually does.

same session cookies with a new user-agent hasn't caused you any issues?

fake-useragent? Yea no one else uses it for now, i completely re-modified the neoaccount class everyone was using to make it more stable and safer.

Got your pm though, i'll make some adjustments to the guide

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 3m
    same session cookies with a new user-agent hasn't caused you any issues?

fake-useragent? Yea no one else uses it for now, i completely re-modified the neoaccount class everyone was using to make it more stable and safer.

Got your pm though, i'll make some adjustments to the guide
    Well, like I said, I only use a single browser when I'm on a desktop and it's Firefox (doesn't matter which browser I'm actually using e.e)
    I can even make the Tapatalk app look like I'm on a desktop browser (no actual benefit from doing that though, LMAO) but only when I'm connected to my home network.
    I've forgotten to switch back to my usual user agent a few times and Gmail has never given me any problem

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」