Thread: Advice on securing pets. - should I get a legit shell/old main?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Advice on securing pets. - should I get a legit shell/old main?

So, I was going to sell them but I think I wanna keep them now.
    I won two UCs from Aura in the Easter Egg hunt, they come on an account however the account is a basic shell, no trophies or anything, for a 14 year old account it looks proper dodgy.

I'm kinda liking the idea of having a completely separate account, not linked to my main, and having them there. Would it be best to buy a fairly basic account off someone that has some older site event trophies and such (preferrably a legit one I guess), then transfer the pets there, build the account up and casually post on the boards etc? Is that the best way to do it?

I might wanna try and introduce them to the PC later I guess, I dunno.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    It depends what you want to do. You could always keep them on the empty account and turn that into a "side" of sorts. Keep it separate from your main in all things (IP/links/etc) but keep the name the same so that it actually looks like it could be your side.

If you want to keep them 110% separate and basically make it seem like they belong to somebody else other than your main, putting them on a semi decent looking account and building up from there would probably be a better option. It really depends what you want.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Howl (04-29-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    From my experience, I would suggest acquiring a legit looking shell that you could slowly manage into a proper main. I've seen several forums on the subject of shells (including legit players) that made guides on recognizing those (amazing).

An old account with no site-event trophies might ring a bell if they see UCs/end-game avatars/ overstocked galleries with rare 99+ goods present. Same goes for games played/collectibles.
    Imo, one of the more important factors is starting out slowly before you go high with the activity on it, especially if it has been inactive for a while/had shady items stored on it in the past (and whatever items/pets you move to that shell; make sure the accounts linked via trades are not basic sides/shells themselves. If, for whatever reason, you get yourself iced, Staff will close your tickets/label them as duplicates without any explanation whatsoever; I've had it happen back in the day). Well named accounts also lower the potential risk

Idk about moving pets. Some people are fine with sending them straight away, others prefer to wait and stage a trade via neomail conversation to be safer.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I think I'd prefer option 2, I think too many people know me on Neo and know that I don't have these pets. I guess I could even stage a trade for one of them in the future for one of the pets I own then.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

When I first came back to Neo I bought some UCs and transferred them straight off, introduced them to the PC with no issues. But I think because I did legitimately come from from a hiatus it worked out fine, I traded off those UCs for the pets I have now. If I did that now, with my main the way it is and how well known I am, I know alarm bells would ring.

I think I'll do that, a kind user here has just offered me an aged shell with trophies. I think I'll build that up first and then transfer the pets once they've been in my possession for a while, then see about getting them introduced onto the boards.

Also, about accessing Neo on a mobile. If you access Neo on multiple accounts on a mobile does it look suspicious? I mean, if you're using cellular data, your IP is ever changing, right?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    If you access multiple accounts from the same mobile session, it might seem shady to them. When most apps are left unchecked, they will only communicate over Wi-Fi (once you are connected).

Now, I really don't know how far TNT can reach with their sight. You can technically "brute" your way into forcing everything onto the chosen Wi-Fi, but that requires an airplane mode and having manually turned on the Wi-Fi. There's a number of softwares that allow you to tunnel your mobile IP to different regions. It's similar in use to VPN I guess, or like when people spoofed the GPS cords for Pokemon Go.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sentara For This Useful Post:

speak (04-30-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentara View Post
    If you access multiple accounts from the same mobile session, it might seem shady to them. When most apps are left unchecked, they will only communicate over Wi-Fi (once you are connected).

Now, I really don't know how far TNT can reach with their sight. You can technically "brute" your way into forcing everything onto the chosen Wi-Fi, but that requires an airplane mode and having manually turned on the Wi-Fi. There's a number of softwares that allow you to tunnel your mobile IP to different regions. It's similar in use to VPN I guess, or like when people spoofed the GPS cords for Pokemon Go.
    Nice, thanks for the information! (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Doesn't your phone sends its mac-address along with the connection request? That may cause some problems.