Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess you can be frozen for having your pets as the names of VPN?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by JustViewing View Post
    Don't give up yet OP! Maybe you could get frozen for every rule in the book and be a neo legend
    Already have

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexxie View Post
    At this point I would give up. I don't think a member of TNT has it out for you. You're just not "neo-smart"(you know kinda like street smarts). You need to learn to cover your tracks better and not put a target on your back(i.e. naming your pets after services that aid people with cheating).
    That's a pretty ignorant thing to suggest (though not as ignorant as TNT, who appear to be stuck in 2001.)

Saying a VPN aids in cheating is like saying your router or firewall aids in cheating.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by champloo View Post
    That's a pretty ignorant thing to suggest (though not as ignorant as TNT, who appear to be stuck in 2001.)

Saying a VPN aids in cheating is like saying your router or firewall aids in cheating.
    LOL. Are you serious?
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

Dude that is how society sees it. That person has a VPN? OH THAT GUY HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE. go put him on the NSA list. Netflix "You can't watch this show because netflix detects that you are on a vpn rn"

She is speaking the truth as society sees it. And VPNs do help people with cheating. For instance, help them hide their identity while downloading torrents. Or would you rather call it stealing than cheating?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Bexxie (04-28-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    LOL. Are you serious?
    Yes. This isn't a dig at you, it's a dig at people who believe proxies or VPN services are synonymous with "bad activity." It would be like telling someone you keep a gun locked away safely in your home and they ask "why? Are you going to go out and murder someone with it, you violent murderer?"

I'm especially angry because I'm sitting with a thumb in my ass, three accounts frozen "for my protection" because I logged into them with an IP address different from the one I typically use. This is such a basic blunder that you'd think Neopets was adapted from a board game made in 1935.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    Dude that is how society sees it. That person has a VPN? OH THAT GUY HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE. go put him on the NSA list. Netflix "You can't watch this show because netflix detects that you are on a vpn rn"

She is speaking the truth as society sees it. And VPNs do help people with cheating. For instance, help them hide their identity while downloading torrents. Or would you rather call it stealing than cheating?
    If you work in an office (and use a computer, obviously) you are using a VPN service of some kind. People need to realize it's just another tool, used more often for security reasons than anything negative.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Yes. This isn't a dig at you, it's a dig at people who believe proxies or VPN services are synonymous with "bad activity." It would be like telling someone you keep a gun locked away safely in your home and they ask "why? Are you going to go out and murder someone with it, you violent murderer?"

I'm especially angry because I'm sitting with a thumb in my ass, three accounts frozen "for my protection" because I logged into them with an IP address different from the one I typically use. This is such a basic blunder that you'd think Neopets was adapted from a board game made in 1935.

If you work in an office (and use a computer, obviously) you are using a VPN service of some kind. People need to realize it's just another tool, used more often for security reasons than anything negative.

Go forth and educate/convince the NRA, Black Lives Matter, and those other human rights groups about right to privacy and security and what a VPN does for them. We know what a VPN does but its those people that need to learn that is it to protect them from the government and corporate America before people will stop equating VPNs with criminal activity. We are the few, never underestimate the power of stupid (ignorant) people in large numbers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    46d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

I don't even know where to begin with this.

It's not a common thing for the average person to use a VPN "just because".

In the Neo world VPNs (if not used most of the time) are used a lot when it comes to cheating. How do you think people maintain so many shells/sides/mains/etc? You think they do it all through their home's IP address? No.
    Aura loves me ♥
    Accelerator's cK gma :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    never forget 2017-2017 the phantom neomailer of ominous well wishes
    Ana's slave <3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kite For This Useful Post:

Riviera (04-28-2017),Stocking Anarchy (04-28-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I don't even know where to begin with this.

It's not a common thing for the average person to use a VPN "just because".

In the Neo world VPNs (if not used most of the time) are used a lot when it comes to cheating. How do you think people maintain so many shells/sides/mains/etc? You think they do it all through their home's IP address? No.
    Like I said: if you work an office job, as a very large amount of Americans do, your company will demand you log in to their VPN service before you do anything on their network. Cyber security is taken extremely seriously nowadays, a multi-billion dollar industry. This isn't some fantasy I've made up.

On an ideal website run by a competent company, using a VPN would not get people banned. Blizzard Entertainment, for example, figured this out seven years ago when they offered text verification, e-mail verification and custom physical keys to paying customers so they could play from whatever IP address they wanted. They didn't ban accounts – some as old as fifteen years – and go "sorry, this isn't the IP address you used to play on! Bye!"

I'm not going to sit here and excuse dumb ass people (again: not you) perpetuating the equally dumb ass myth that a VPN or proxy means you're cheating. But then again this is a website that has been broken into more times than anyone can count, so instead of bitching I could probably log into their fucking web portal myself and unfreeze my own accounts. Tony's password is probably "Tony."

Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I am going to get this thread deleted this is getting out of hand