Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have an Etsy store?!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post

I've heard most shops being shut down are for selling shit that's trademarked. A lot of shops sell Disney stuff or football stuff. They all eventually get reported and shut down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by mmichelleej View Post

I've heard most shops being shut down are for selling shit that's trademarked. A lot of shops sell Disney stuff or football stuff. They all eventually get reported and shut down!

Trademarked stuff is one thing. If you try to pass off trademarked things as handmade then you're just an idiot. However, some of the more obscure items, that aren't BIG name brands might be okay. Things like off brand
    items might be able to pass their test. Like phone cases, blankets, pillows, custom towels, coasters, etc etc. Stuff thats harder to track and keep tabs on.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Trademarked stuff is one thing. If you try to pass off trademarked things as handmade then you're just an idiot. However, some of the more obscure items, that aren't BIG name brands might be okay. Things like off brand
    items might be able to pass their test. Like phone cases, blankets, pillows, custom towels, coasters, etc etc. Stuff thats harder to track and keep tabs on.
    Oh yeah! That stuff is everywhere but you can't put a team logo on it and sell it. A huge thing on Etsy are t-shirts but I see so many with trademarked logos and that's a huge no.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Oh yeah! That stuff is everywhere but you can't put a team logo on it and sell it. A huge thing on Etsy are t-shirts but I see so many with trademarked logos and that's a huge no.

Oh heck yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that you work hard doing stuff on your end too! It takes a ton of work to keep everything in order and running smoothly. I've done a LOT of stuff as far as running sites selling neo goods, but I have kind of let my stuff die there. I'm working on moving towards a more legit kind of business to make some extra money on the side. There are so many things to take into consideration. I get started, then think of like 10 things to consider and get so distracted.

I'm sure it's tons of fun running your own store and working for yourself. I'm jealous!

I wouldn't want to do tshirts because there are probably people who have all the machines and such in place to churn them out dirt cheap. A new person wouldn't be able to compete with that.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Oh heck yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that you work hard doing stuff on your end too! It takes a ton of work to keep everything in order and running smoothly. I've done a LOT of stuff as far as running sites selling neo goods, but I have kind of let my stuff die there. I'm working on moving towards a more legit kind of business to make some extra money on the side. There are so many things to take into consideration. I get started, then think of like 10 things to consider and get so distracted.

I'm sure it's tons of fun running your own store and working for yourself. I'm jealous!

I wouldn't want to do tshirts because there are probably people who have all the machines and such in place to churn them out dirt cheap. A new person wouldn't be able to compete with that.
    Hahahaha oh god my shop room is a disaster right now!!!

If you ever have any questions shoot me a message! I fucking love the business side of running a shop and I can tell ya if it's a good idea or bad ☺

Marketing is also one of my favourite things. I like to think I'm pretty good at it! Lots of marketing is needed in order to run a successful business.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xCarRadio For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-23-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Hahahaha oh god my shop room is a disaster right now!!!

If you ever have any questions shoot me a message! I fucking love the business side of running a shop and I can tell ya if it's a good idea or bad ☺

Marketing is also one of my favourite things. I like to think I'm pretty good at it! Lots of marketing is needed in order to run a successful business.

I may actually take you up on that at some point in time. The neo side of things was easy enough but switching to something more "mass market" I guess would be the term, will be difficult.

I like the business side of things too. I think it's really intersting and fun to have a hand in. The marketing and advertising is not my strong suite. I've never found it to be too interesting. It is very important though!

Also, clean that shop area up. How do you expect to be productive? haha

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I may actually take you up on that at some point in time. The neo side of things was easy enough but switching to something more "mass market" I guess would be the term, will be difficult.

I like the business side of things too. I think it's really intersting and fun to have a hand in. The marketing and advertising is not my strong suite. I've never found it to be too interesting. It is very important though!

Also, clean that shop area up. How do you expect to be productive? haha
    Marketing is a love/hate relationship. It's the most time consuming but the outcome is worth it!

I'm a single mom which has helped me so master being productive while consumed by organized chaos!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xCarRadio For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (04-23-2017),Rue (04-24-2017)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

hehe that's because we actually have to pay for shipping! I get some discounts through Canada Post, but it's pretty ridiculous how costly shipping can be!!
    Honestly I think thats why I don't mind! I'd so much rather give extra money to a real person than a huge corporation haha

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    Honestly I think thats why I don't mind! I'd so much rather give extra money to a real person than a huge corporation haha
    That's so true! I feel it's more personal and I like that!