Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Way To Diet?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    12h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    being poor!! that really helps

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Small meals throughout the day. Make as much of your food yourself as you can. More fresh food, less carbs and sugar. I have to trick myself into exercising, so little things like taking the steps instead of the elevator, parking my car further away from the entrance, cleaning my apartment until I break a sweat, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/3
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    83d 21h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Not dieting at all

Just kidding, stop drinking sodas, non-natural juices, eating fried chips, packet cookies and you're done.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    16h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Whenever I go to a restaurant I eat till i'm not hungry instead of until i'm full, and then I get the rest to go. As a bonus, 2 meals for one !

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I lost a good bit of weight in 2015. It was a lot of faster/easier than I thought it'd be. I cut bad carbs (white bread, rice, potatoes, and noodles) and substituted them with minimal good carbs (wheat, whole grain, brown rice, red potatos), while eating lean and baked meats and fish, baked chicken mostly. Then I force-fed vehetables, mostly green veggies, often broccoli because it's high in protein. Of course, the most obvious is taking sugary drinks away and replacing them with water. Coffee isn't neccessary to remove, in fact, caffeine helps to increase metabolism. You should probably drink it black though, or with low fat ceeamer. Sugar substitutes are not good replacements either, and leave your body craving real sugar. Next, I exercised doing heavy weight-lifting, rather than low weight, high rep weight-lifting. The reason is that heavy weight, low rep, increases metabolism much more, thus using more fat to supply the energy to the body that is being used up. The most unusual, I ate A LOT of hot sauce and used spicy recipes to mix things up. The reason.. increase metabolism, and I definitely recommend looking in to this. I lost 65 lbs in 7 months, and was proud of myself for doing it the right way, which, turned out to be a lot easier than I thought, once I got in to the groove of things. Stay focused on WHY you want to lose weight, what you need to do it, and ask for the help of those around you to keep you focused if you may lose it. The last one is important, maybe thee most important. Losing weight is often fueled by low self-esteem, and when we be courageous and tell our friends, the response and support may be the difference in making those changes!
    Best of luck to you, and don't give up! If you need anything, don't hesitate to message me!
    **This applies to anyone**
    Last edited by TtotheJ; 10-06-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    13d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I count my macros & keep a food diary.
    Allow myself cheat meals once or twice a week, depending how much I train.

I try to hit 140g of protein, 140g of carbs & low fat - prob 40g.
    I don't like to call it dieting; it's becoming a part of my lifestyle and I am the happiest I've been!

Also - eating small meals 6x a day, roughly eat around 1,400 ~ 1,800 cals.
    I'm working on gaining muscle and building a booty, so need good food.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Control your calories intake daily and the target calories required is actually different for everyone, depends on your daily activities

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Maybe try to replace one of your meals with a salad and a light sandwich? My chem teacher did that and she's so fit looking, so I'm going to start doing it as well. She also makes her own dressing!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Carbs aren't necessarily bad for you its just that people often go overboard on them. Best advice is to portion control, a food scale really helps with this. Limit your intake of any packaged food, sugary drinks/alcohol/caffeine, and make 95% of your meals at home if possible.

Would also suggest lifting weights and doing a little bit of cardio.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    With my Water App, I usually end up drinking 110 oz's of water daily aka water diet. Helps a ton!