Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Way To Diet?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 4h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

What's Your Favorite Way To Diet?

Just started my goal of losing some weight. 1 pound down, 54 to go.

I usually just stick with eating 1200 calories a day and trying to take a walk, works out pretty well for me

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I'm so unhealthy when it comes to diets, last diet I made was eating only 500 calories a day... worked great, lost 10 pounds in a month, but hey, now I got 4 of those back since it's in the end one of those diets that make you gain back the lost weight pretty quick... totally not recommended.

Indeed, doing exercise and eating healthy is the way to go if you wanna lose weight and keep the lost pounds away

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

T3R3Z1 (06-06-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I've lost 28lb so far this month. I bought a fitbit and found the app really great at helping me make good choices. The only downside is that it doesn't offer support for pregnant or nursing women, so I have to log the calories from feeding her as "yoga"
    One simple diet change I made was choosing my proteins more carefully. Kangaroo, for instance, is lower in calories than beef or lamb, so it is my go-to red meat now. It means I still get a decently sized piece of meat without feeling guilty. I see that you're in the US- I actually recently read that Ostrich is similar. It's apparently one of the lowest in calorie meats around, so maybe give that a try?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Game meat will be much lower in calories and fat simply because it is incredibly lean. No extra fat like what is bred into US cows, pork, or chicken. Lean meats and fish are excellent protein sources without the extra calories or cholesterol.

But diets do not work. Weight will almost always come back when people become lax and go back to old eating habits. It is as simple as calories in vs calories out. Do not eat processed foods or anything prepade and you will do fine. That means make your own food which most people on diets end up being pissed about. Keep moving and eat well.

I have started a new warehouse job and I am constantly walking back and forth in the big place so I have lost 10 lbs in 3 months. Just keep moving and shaking abd the weight will go down.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 12h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I usually just stop drinking soft drinks/avoiding carbohydrates, they are the worst. They are like everywhere... its just a little difficult to keep this up because I LOVE sugar, and when I'm stressed I feel the need for sugar

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I've found the number 1 way is to make new healthy habits for yourself.
    I got into a routine of things I liked to eat that are low cal and healthy (for me I just cut any dairy, wheat, processed sugars, just don't even buy these things so you aren't tempted!) tried to eat as much vegetable/fruit as possible and limit carbs starches as much as I could. I didn't worry about any calorie counting, you want to make the diet just a natural thing you do not something your force on yourself bc then it is so much easier to fall off the wagon.
    Then I found an exercise regimen that fit into my daily routine. For me it was Mon Wed Fri on the treadmill and then Tues Thurs pilates and weights at home.
    Eventually everything just becomes second nature, and the pounds will melt off (and stay off!!).
    It's really hard to constantly deny yourself over and over, so making good habits I found is what works the best.

I lost 80 pounds this way and haven't gained any of it back, plus I am pretty fit now and toned.
    I feel really healthy and good.

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Highly recommend going Paleo!
    I don't diet, as I struggle keeping wait on me - but being on the paleo diet just has me feeling like a healthier person all around.
    Bummerland, give a cheer -- 'Cause we're only going up from here!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm not very good with keeping a diet but sometimes I go on little health kicks- when I do I usually try to stick with grilled chicken + fish for something filling and fruit for something sweet rather than whatever junk I can find in my house.
    My dad on the other hand diets a lot more- he usually makes vegetable soup and eats that for days straight. I'd personally get too sick of that to try it though lmao.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I don't... but not eating is the best way for me to lose weight.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Weight Watchers and working out!
    I went from weighing 189 lbs to 125 lbs I'm back up now (thanks to pregnancy and a breakup!) but I will lose it again as soon as I can dedicate time to it