403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Gimme some advice please? n-n

So... I was planning on talking to Sci_Girl but she hasn't been on in a week D:
    Basically what happened is... I'm now in the process of sending documents to a university.
    The problem is they ask that they are sent directly from the issuing institution.
    How is that a problem? Brazilians institutions normally don't do that, and the ones that issued my documents don't.
    So I was thinking of sending the documents myself along with a small letter explaining that... is this the way to go?

HELP PLS D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I was in Vegas. I am still alive.

Ask your schools how they go about sending documents to international Universities. Universities want your high school marks or current post secondary if you have any as a transfer, so they can see how you are doing grade wise for admission. So you will need to ask your schools to send to the address of whatever University you are looking to apply to. All schools will do this you might have to pester and bug them until they do it though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Ban (04-18-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I was in Vegas. I am still alive.

Ask your schools how they go about sending documents to international Universities. Universities want your high school marks or current post secondary if you have any as a transfer, so they can see how you are doing grade wise for admission. So you will need to ask your schools to send to the address of whatever University you are looking to apply to. All schools will do this you might have to pester and bug them until they do it though.
    Oh, hey, had some fun? xD

Yeah, the problem is they claim they don't do it, no matter what D:
    Besides, I'm 200km away from my home city and can't go back in the near future n_n
    Mainly because I have classes and no money

Edit:
    I have my grades, I have the documents, I have them officially translated to English.
    The only problem really is "should I send them myself?" D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Lots of fun

In that case email the Universities you want to apply to. You will be emailing the admissions department. Tell them your situation and exactly what documents you have avaialble to you. Get their permission to send if that is the case. Normally they do not like that because there is obvious chance of manipulation, hence why they ask you to get your institution to send any documents.

Still send emails or phone your University though. All they need to so is literally email or fax your files to international schools so I have no idea why they say they cannot do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Ban (04-18-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Lots of fun

In that case email the Universities you want to apply to. You will be emailing the admissions department. Tell them your situation and exactly what documents you have avaialble to you. Get their permission to send if that is the case. Normally they do not like that because there is obvious chance of manipulation, hence why they ask you to get your institution to send any documents.

Still send emails or phone your University though. All they need to so is literally email or fax your files to international schools so I have no idea why they say they cannot do it.
    It's the University of Alberta
    Since you have experience with it, what do you think they'll do? n_n
    But thanks, I'll do that!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Look into their (you need an account to see links) and start moving for yourself.

I'm sure they will probably think good of someone who actively tries to go there by himself instead of having someone else do the job.
    Like "Oh, look this guy, of all the universities he decided to try and come to ours and is doing everything by himself +10 points"

They won't mind answering any questions you ask.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviid View Post
    Look into their (you need an account to see links) and start moving for yourself.

I'm sure they will probably think good of someone who actively tries to go there by himself instead of having someone else do the job.
    Like "Oh, look this guy, of all the universities he decided to try and come to ours and is doing everything by himself +10 points"

They won't mind answering any questions you ask.
    I did, their website doesn't point too much in that direction anyways, they only state it's the institution who has to send the documents n_n
    I sent an email though, should have an answer in 3-5 days according to their automatic response