Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite dystopian/utopian movies?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Okay so "The Postman" is an awesome film imo. It's a novel too but i never read it because I was so young when the film came out. BUT i'm a HUGE fan of apocolypitc movies and such. I totally dig this movie. Kevin Costner is in it along with Will Patton. The movie was made in 1997 but it takes place in 2013. "A nameless drifter dons a postman's uniform and bag of mail as he begins a quest to inspire hope to the survivors living in post-apocalyptic America."

I also like the show on Netflix Containment. It's a limited TV series because the CW didn't renew it but it "follows an epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, leaving the large city quarantined and those stuck on the inside fighting for their lives. The drama tells the story of loved ones torn apart, and how the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes."

I absolutely second a Handmaid's Tale. I'm obsessed with it RN. It's intense but I really like it. Highly suggested.

The old Red Dawn (1984) is a favorite of mine too. The new one is okay (2012) but nothing beats the origional. I like it because it's more realistic, so it really kinda freaks you out.

Other more obvious ones that I like:
    Dawn of the Dead (2004)
    28 Weeks Later (2007)
    War of the Worlds (2005)
    Cloverfield (2008)
    AI: Artificial Intelligence (2001)
    Minority Report (2002) --- totally forgot about this one. "Where police utilize a psychic technology to arrest and convict murderers before they commit their crime." Tom Cruise is in it. Reallllly good!
    The Road (2009)

I'm sure there are way more but these are the ones off the top of my head. lol

Edit: As for Utopian all I can think of is Tomorrowland.

Edit: Oh ya Avatar. But thats kinda obvious too. I'm wayyyyyyyy tooooooo into this rn. lol now i'm looking up all the movies i've ever watched related to this topic. xD
    Last edited by lilcece; 06-04-2017 at 01:44 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilcece For This Useful Post:

Views (06-11-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    8d 14h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Oops forgot about this thread! Got into Handmaid's Tale and I love it. Thanks for suggesting that! I have a lot of laundry to do today so I'm thinking of watching Battle Royale or Equilibrium.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    28 Days Later (2002)
    Vanilla Sky (2001)