Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone that believes in or has done any psychic/third eye/Spirit Guide adventures?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Take those "future predictors" with a grain of salt. Predicting that a couple will have a kid is hardly amazing. Predicting someone will find love or get a new job is not something special. They do vague comments to get you lured. So always always be skeptical because it is very easy to get someone's hopes up by stating the obvious....for $150 an hour.

As for spiritual stuff I personally do not believe any of it. There is no science to support it other than dreaming and paradolia.
    Tbh our future predictor cant accept money. Its like she says she cant accept because she will lose her powers. But of course we dont let her hours be waisted now. So we usually tip her. But like there are moments like we go to a future predictor and she/he just starts telling the colors and the patterns of our walls one by one. Like we dont let anyone in the house so there is no way he couldve known. Plus our walls arent just simply colored red or black, its a bit harder for it to be predicted. Whenever we get predictions we dont the usual we will work and get money and shit like. The information is a bit more precise. I can give more examples...

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm not a believer in any of it. Too often desperate, hurting people are targeted and will read into it what they want. South Park shows just how successful cold reading is by Stan becoming an acclaimed medium when he's actually trying to show everyone how fake it is.

Penn Jilette is talking to Adam Savage here about how he taught his actress girlfriend to be a fake psychic, and how well it worked.

Shows like The Mentalist, Psych, Bull and Lie to Me are all good examples of how observation yields more than we think we may be giving out. Just like stage 'magic', I find it interesting to see behind the curtain at how these things work.

As with my thoughts on religion, if it gives people hope, comfort or happiness, I'm glad. That is, as long as it doesn't exploit them.
    My husband's godmother has been suckered out of so much money by a charlatan who sold her magic water that's supposed to cure her cancer. She eventually upgraded to paying even more to buy a magic empowered credit-card sized thing. She has to put her water on top of it for a few minutes before drinking it so it can be infused with the healing powers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Sugar Rush (05-08-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I can astral project but had a really bad experience the last time I did it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Don't forget about the magic of a Facebook search. With the pictures and info people openly post anyone can have magic powners of 'knowing' about you. Never meet Magic Misty before but she mentioned your dog by name???? How many pictures of that dog are plastered on your page? Got a new nephew how would she knows?!?!? Picture: "New nephew in my arms I'm so blessed!".

Search paper archive for the obits...easily have family passings and names of anyone left behind. Wearing a necklace to your reading? Guess madamn knowsalot will ask if there is a family heirloom or piece of jewelry that means something to you.

It really is not hard to con someone when you break those details down. So..yeah...take it with a grain of salt and keep your money to yourself. If someone enjoys the talking for entertainment then great but do not pay them.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    We learned about people doing this one in a psych course. Turns out in those cases we were told about one should not take a big dose of acid or the trip will be a bad one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    Whats that?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    20d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yes every human's third eye is the Pineal gland. Personally, I have opened them before by ingesting 25-i, LSD and shrooms.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    43d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdark1 View Post
    Yes every human's third eye is the Pineal gland. Personally, I have opened them before by ingesting 25-i, LSD and shrooms.
    That sounds like the more difficult way of opening it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    20d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    It is a forceful reaction but if you are tolerant of everything, it can be a memorable experience.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I come from a culture where future predicting is very common and people believe deeply in it. When a child is born, the parents would hire a fortune teller to predict the baby's entire life. I personally do believe in this and that the universe is guided by forces that we humans do not yet understand.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdark1 View Post
    That is called a hallucination, ingesting a hallucinogenic substance will make you see/taste/hear things that are not. No psychic abilities there, just adverse reactions.