Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    33d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Some advice:

-don't ruin your first two years by goofing off and partying or being too social
    -if you don't make friends or feel like you belong in the first year that's actually VERY common, I counsel students about that all the time, by the second year they are usually doing awesome!
    -if you feel like you can't handle something, go talk to someone! go to see the college counseling services or talk to your roommate or a professor or someone. don't wait. mental health among college students is, in general, very poor

-feeling like you aren't good enough is also VERY common and most people feel like that during their time in college at least at some point
    -work in college can be VERY different to work in high school. if you didn't have to study before to get good grades, change that habit now lol
    -learn to write well, write academically, and write using good sources not just anything that pops up in an internet source

-struggling in a class or needing an extension on a deadline for an assignment? email the professor or TA! sometimes they'll be like "Yeah that's cool" or sometimes they'll say "no "
    -take time to yourself to be alone and reflect on your future goals and remind yourself why you even want to finish your degree

-don't take out loans unless you absolutely need to and even then take out loans in ONLY what you need. those things add up and sometimes they'll even collect interest WHILE in school so paying off can take years if not decades
    -find a side job if you have the time. it gets you money and experience outside the Academy which...becomes useful for people skills XD

Any specific questions? PM me! I'm a grad student and I counsel incoming freshmen and underclassmen all the time!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    9d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Don't sign up for morning classes. Just don't. It will lead to much regret and more skipping than you want to do freshman year.

Also avoid random roommate assignment if you can. That one is really hit or miss.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Good advice is don't be me right now, on Adderall and writing a paper at 4am.

but honestly if you can, be an RA for a year, some schools offer free room and board (mine fucking doesn't) but I get $2000 a semester from it. I'm an introvert so getting involved was tough but now that I am I have made some great friends. GEt to know your professors as well, they will be great resources and help you through things. My professors hate me because I miss classes all the time, but I go to a small school where attendance really matters. Go to class, it's like $200 a class if you do the math, don't be like me and miss out because of stupid shit. It's also easy to get stressed and lose track, but always remember to use your resources on campus because those will save you, writing centers, librarians, tutors, note takers, etc. I don't know how I would be where I am without all that haha

Lana Del Rey