Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks in retail, what is the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    When I worked at a fast food restaurant, I had a Lady come in almost daily for coffee. She would always order it with 20 creamers (yes Twenty) That many creamers would almost fill our large cups alone. However, every day she would then come back up to the counter and proceed to complain on how cold our coffee was and demanded a refill of a fresh pot....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isao For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I worked at Walmart Pharmacy for awhile and when training they make you do cash and other departments so I did that. One time in foods a lady came up to me asking if we had peanut butter cups. I said yes we have Reese peanut butter cups at checkout and candy isle. She went on to describe that I was wrong, she had peanut butter cups in a paper wrapper and three in the wrapper but they were called "peanut butter cups" not Reese peanut butter cups. As she described what was a Reese I told her to get an oh Henry for peanuts instead. Apparently she had no idea Reese is the peanut butter cups she so wanted. Idiot.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sci_Girl For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (04-05-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Haven't worked in retail for a long time (thank god!), but my ever-favorite dumb question was always "Do you work here?". No dude, I just like coming to Wal-Mart in my free time wearing a Wal-Mart employee vest and stocking shelves just for shits and giggles.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Corvid (06-16-2017),Komari (06-12-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    i worked in a bowling alley and i worked in the snack bar, and I tried to explain to this guy that our hot dogs were all beef, but he couldn't fucking comprehend it.

I also worked in a deli at my previous job and I had sooooo many stupid fucking people come in. had people tell me how to do my job. one even told me "next time someone says they want their cheese cut thin, actually cut it thin" the shit was paper thin..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to people For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Quote Originally Posted by people View Post
    i worked in a bowling alley and i worked in the snack bar, and I tried to explain to this guy that our hot dogs were all beef, but he couldn't fucking comprehend it.

I also worked in a deli at my previous job and I had sooooo many stupid fucking people come in. had people tell me how to do my job. one even told me "next time someone says they want their cheese cut thin, actually cut it thin" the shit was paper thin..
    The Deli. -shudders- I used to work at one years ago. This guy would come in every few weeks and order 5lbs of shaved ham for his dogs. It took forever and it was just a giant bag of mush by the time it was all said and done. To make it even better he knew it would take a while to do, so he would ever so graciously shop for one or two items in the store and then stand at the counter impatiently huffing as if I could 'will' the slicer to magically finish faster. Also loved the folks that would watch me take cheese off the stacking machine and place it in the display case, then ask for it sliced fresh and refuse what was just put out.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017),people (04-06-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooker View Post
    The Deli. -shudders- I used to work at one years ago. This guy would come in every few weeks and order 5lbs of shaved ham for his dogs. It took forever and it was just a giant bag of mush by the time it was all said and done. To make it even better he knew it would take a while to do, so he would ever so graciously shop for one or two items in the store and then stand at the counter impatiently huffing as if I could 'will' the slicer to magically finish faster. Also loved the folks that would watch me take cheese off the stacking machine and place it in the display case, then ask for it sliced fresh and refuse what was just put out.
    RIGHT
    there was this guy that got about 2 pounds of roast beef ($13.99) a pound for his fuckin dog.
    i've had old people literally throw the bag across the counter at me because it wasnt "what they asked for".
    this other woman would always call ahead and order at least a pound and a half of blazing buffalo chicken (that shit was SOO messy and nasty) and it literally had to be saw dust. like she called and complained once because she said her meat was old. we literally just opened a new one, but nope. not good enough. nothing was ever right for her lmaoo. damn i don't miss the job

OR WHEN PEOPLE WOULD GET MAD BECAUSE THEY HAD TO WAIT 17 MINUTES FOR FRESH FRIED CHICKEN
    do you want it fucking raw? ok whatever u fuckin want dickhead

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    Its insane how asinine people can get over deli meat -for their nasty dogs- of all things. My biggest hate from it all was fucking garlic bologna. The smell is just nasty and I never got used to it. Slicing it was a pain in the ass too, everyone always asked for it sliced paper thing and the shit was just sticky and ridiculous to work with.

Also; I am sorry you had people throw shit across the counter at you. They act like you just go out of your way to inconvenience them. Ungrateful animals. Should of just opened the fried and served it to them dripping in oil.
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 04-06-2017 at 10:12 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

people (04-11-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Oh god, this thread is pure gold, laughing so much with your experiences guys lmao

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Worked at a movie theatre. Not really a question but an old couple walked out of their rom-com type movie very confused about half a hour in saying it was very blue and blurry. Walked into said theater, walked out confused. They had walked into Avatar 3D instead in the wrong theater.

Gave them a refund and ushered them into the next showing of non-Avatar movie. Probably the most kind dumb moment, everything else involved swearing and assholes.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holly For This Useful Post:

Komari (06-12-2017),Pusheen (04-11-2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    34d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Not so much a stupid question, but when I was a kid I worked at Hardee's, and I had this idiot co-worker named Ryan. One day, there was an order for spicy chicken sandwiches with no mayo. I impulsively put mayo on then, and not wanting to run new buns through the heater (and the fact that Hardee's had a bucket and literally counted every single item of waste), I scraped the mayo off and sent them out.

About 30 minutes later, a guy comes up to the counter screaming about how he is allergic and could have died. They asked who made them, I said Ryan, they asked him if he made them, and he was like "uh, I don't know, I mighta"
    Last edited by Bridge; 04-11-2017 at 02:20 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bridge For This Useful Post:

genesis (04-25-2017),people (04-11-2017),Pusheen (04-11-2017)