Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks in retail, what is the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    "what's a poutine?"
    shivers
    Alternatively, the people asking if any of our food is gluten free.
    At a concession.
    Bye

i aura

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarot For This Useful Post:

Bettser (04-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    "Excuse me I ordered a LARGE big mac, why is my burger still the other size?"
    Ahhh.. The sizes of the actual burgers don't change.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Not an experience from working somewhere, but this seems like a good place to share.

I went to a burger joint and ordered two of their cheaper meals. The old man behind me orders four of their expensive burgers. They set a bag with my burgers and fries on the counter (which I don't notice because I'm checking out the ads while I wait for them to call my order).

Old man asks if it's his burgers. Cashier says no, yours will be up in a few minutes. Old man goes into the bathroom for a minute, comes back out, grabs the bag with my food, and leaves. -_-

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarot View Post
    "what's a poutine?"
    shivers
    How was that dumb? If he was asking at a concession after having been made aware of it at the concession, it's not like one would expect him to whip out a device and search the net instead of asking directly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

peanutsafety (08-03-2017)

Pronouns
    he/him, she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    9d 17h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    not exactly retail, but at one point i had a housekeeper job at a suuuper fancy 5* hair salon and one of my duties was to make tea/coffee/whatever for the customers.

one day a 50-something year old lady requested some water, so i got her a glass. when i set it down for her she gave me the dirtiest, most offended look and asked me "where's the plate?"....... ??????? i mean... it's not tea, miss... its freaking water........ anyway my boss gave me a Look so i had to fetch her the got damn tea plate for her got damn glass of water :| i'm never working at a fancy place again if i can help it lmao

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raylu For This Useful Post:

FWD (04-02-2017),Pusheen (04-10-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016 View Post
    How was that dumb? If he was asking at a concession after having been made aware of it at the concession, it's not like one would expect him to whip out a device and search the net instead of asking directly.
    hi friend idk if u know about these things called ~jokes~ but that's what that was
    now beat it and stop asking me more dumb questions
    Last edited by Tarot; 04-01-2017 at 10:24 AM.

i aura

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarot View Post
    hi friend idk if u know about these things called ~jokes~ but that's what that was
    now beat it and stop asking me more dumb questions
    You did nothing to distinguish it from the plenty of people who do/would expect one to know certain dishes and would condescend over not knowing said dish.

So two questions (which I doubt you can answer to fit your first answer):

How could those people I mentioned post in a thread like this if they weren't joking? Well, it could easily look like your post. You're neither brilliant nor crafty for adding "shivers".

Secondly, just about everyone who recounted an experience with a customer question in this thread actually had a pretty dumb question. What did you do to distinguish yours and why should my assumption have been what you say it is?

I will beat it for now though. See I was always too enterprising to ever have had to work in retail. Wouldn't want to catch the waft of diarrhea that's still probably in your hair from working around that garbage food. (The aroma is still there long after you quit, I'm betting. ...Wait, you're still not working there, are you?) But hey, try making your answer worthwhile and also a bit cunt-y as long as I can have my customer order. Get on it. And if you mess it up, you're packing my groceries next time.
    Last edited by Trump 2016; 04-01-2017 at 12:46 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

peanutsafety (08-03-2017),Synth Salazzle (04-05-2017),Tarot (04-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016 View Post
    You did nothing to distinguish it from the plenty of people who do/would expect one to know certain dishes and would condescend over not knowing said dish.

So two questions (which I doubt you can answer to fit your first answer):

How could those people I mentioned post in a thread like this if they weren't joking? Well, it could easily look like your post. You're neither brilliant nor crafty for adding "shivers".

Secondly, just about everyone who recounted an experience with a customer question in this thread actually had a pretty dumb question. What did you do to distinguish yours and why should my assumption have been what you say it is?

I will beat it for now though. See I was always too enterprising to ever have had to work in retail. Wouldn't want to catch the waft of diarrhea that's still probably in your hair from working around that garbage food. (The aroma is still there long after you quit, I'm betting. ...Wait, you're still not working there, are you?) But hey, try making your answer worthwhile and also a bit cunt-y as long as I can have my customer order. Get on it. And if you mess it up, you're packing my groceries next time.
    I'll give u a 2/10 Troll Score only because that made me laugh so fucking hard

i aura

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarot For This Useful Post:

Bexxie (04-01-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    6d 14h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    "I've worked here before and I loved it!"

Bitch, no the fuck you didn't. Don't fuckin' lie to me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used to work at a toy store, and people would call asking for the "toys department" aka the entire store
    I would just politely ask what they were looking for but some of my coworkers would actually put them on hold for a while just to laugh about it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chookity For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (04-10-2017)