15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Crowned Tundra dropping in a few hours

This thread is NOT a spoiler free zone! If you want to keep from being spoiled about any of the content please turn away now!

That said.

Who else is ready for the return of more pokemon?
    Continuing the story
    filling shiny dex

Ahhhh I'm so excited.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Finally! Thought the download was never going to drop yesterday!
    Haven't played much but the landscape is so aesthetically pleasing. Have you gone after any legendaries yet?!

Editing this since its been a day;
    Managed to find a wild RANDOM shiny Nidoran! Since my luck is typically trash, this was a super pleasant surprise!
    The legendary birds are lovely and their encounters are a nice change of pace. I wish we had more content for Pokemon like the quest line with Calyrex where we interact directly with the Pokemon. Thats been by far the best part about this for me, is just getting to have it be more about the Pokemon vs doing storyline that just happens to be I a world where Pokemon exist.
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 10-24-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Been able to play some more

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-25-2020),Synth Salazzle (10-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 17h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I stopped playing bc i wanted to wait for this dlc. so ready to get back into it and hunt again.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I played it some yesterday, didn't get much farther than fighting Calyrex's steed for the first time because I was too busy gushing over some favorites that were finally put back into the game!!!!

I'm enjoying it so far since it seems (to me) more substantial than Isle of Armor, content-wise. Amaura using hyper beam on me was... not what I was expecting from such a cute little baby but ok alright. it's cool not like i'm scared or anything haha

Out of curiosity, what legendary were you guys pit against in your first run through the Dynamax Dens? I got Suicune and managed to capture it--and promptly threw it in the PC and never looked back

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
    Out of curiosity, what legendary were you guys pit against in your first run through the Dynamax Dens? I got Suicune and managed to capture it--and promptly threw it in the PC and never looked back
    Suicune as well for my first legendary! It absolutely feels more substantial! I think it helps the landscape is so different as well, the last DLC felt more like just an extra area they forgot to tack onto the main game and it didn’t offer enough ‘new’ feeling to make it really stick out? Just another wild area. This has been a blast so far. Stronger Pokemon and some favorites back, new way to shiny hunt legendary mons, and we finally get some quest line that has to do with Pokemon and not corrupt people instead.

How wild was it to wander around and suddenly Amaura popped out?! I was not expecting to see them at all?! Its like every Pokemon they chose for this part feels so fitting and was fun to see who was going to pop out next. WE HAVE ZUBATS IN THE CAVES JUST FLYING AROUND. It was nostalgic and adorable to see them.

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Suicune as well for my first legendary! It absolutely feels more substantial! I think it helps the landscape is so different as well, the last DLC felt more like just an extra area they forgot to tack onto the main game and it didn’t offer enough ‘new’ feeling to make it really stick out? Just another wild area. This has been a blast so far. Stronger Pokemon and some favorites back, new way to shiny hunt legendary mons, and we finally get some quest line that has to do with Pokemon and not corrupt people instead.

How wild was it to wander around and suddenly Amaura popped out?! I was not expecting to see them at all?! Its like every Pokemon they chose for this part feels so fitting and was fun to see who was going to pop out next. WE HAVE ZUBATS IN THE CAVES JUST FLYING AROUND. It was nostalgic and adorable to see them.
    Honestly, seeing fossil pokemon just out in the field floored me but in a good way? I hope they can tie this in to something later--like a fossil revival/release program separate from just reviving fossils from random kids. I've always liked the idea that they're part Rock because of a side-effect of the revival process, and this is 1) the first generation to have non-rock type fossil species and 2) the first one with them just... out there. I had to do a double take like is thAT A DAMN AERODACTYL UP THERE

Wild areas are a really interesting way to encounter pokemon and in a way I kinda hope this can manage to become a staple feature like how the ride pokemon are equivalent to the corviknight taxis in this generation! I'm still so relieved I no longer have to waste move slots on HMs.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Downloaded it and have been doing the max lair only since.
    I think it's a ton of fun and a really nice challenge when paired with AI.

Wild areas are a really interesting way to encounter pokemon and in a way I kinda hope this can manage to become a staple feature like how the ride pokemon are equivalent to the corviknight taxis in this generation! I'm still so relieved I no longer have to waste move slots on HMs.
    Hoping so too, it feels more immersive in a way than just going through a straight route. Being able to see what Pokemon you'll encounter and how different pokemon have different personalities towards spotting you (ex: Audino runs away scared, Nidoran charges into you)

Would love to see some previous generations remixed with wild areas (please redo gen 3, would die for secret bases in a wild area)

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-28-2020),Synth Salazzle (10-28-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmahr View Post
    Downloaded it and have been doing the max lair only since.
    I think it's a ton of fun and a really nice challenge when paired with AI.

Hoping so too, it feels more immersive in a way than just going through a straight route. Being able to see what Pokemon you'll encounter and how different pokemon have different personalities towards spotting you (ex: Audino runs away scared, Nidoran charges into you)

Would love to see some previous generations remixed with wild areas (please redo gen 3, would die for secret bases in a wild area)
    I don't know if this applies since they only just released DLC for the latest main game, but perhaps this feature could be prominent in the possibility of Gen 4 remakes? Iirc there were secret bases there too, although all were caves and I don't think there was nearly as much a variety as there is in Gen 3... It would all be caves I guess, no trees or bushes lol

Its just that I saw someone I follow on social media brainstorming that the dynamax dungeons could be a precursor to the underground feature in DPPt! I can imagine it also doubling as the place you go when youre using online communication features.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
    I don't know if this applies since they only just released DLC for the latest main game, but perhaps this feature could be prominent in the possibility of Gen 4 remakes? Iirc there were secret bases there too, although all were caves and I don't think there was nearly as much a variety as there is in Gen 3... It would all be caves I guess, no trees or bushes lol

Its just that I saw someone I follow on social media brainstorming that the dynamax dungeons could be a precursor to the underground feature in DPPt! I can imagine it also doubling as the place you go when youre using online communication features.
    Hopefully it will be for the gen 4 remake.

If anyone gets Regieleki and would be willing to temporarily swap (I have Regidrago) to help each other get Regigigas send me a pm
    Or if you have Glastrier and wanna dex Spectrier
    Last edited by My name is Yoshikage Kira; 10-30-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

18. The Following User Says Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-30-2020)