Thread: Need help figuring out a good home theatre setup to stream Netflix or any streaming service

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Need help figuring out a good home theatre setup to stream Netflix or any streaming service

I finally got a internet setup going on at the crib and first off i have maybe like a $100-200 budget. I want to be able to stream netflix or hulu or whatever else is popular. My tv doesnt have any apps preinstalled so im kinda lost? Not to mention the directTV guys that installed everything were a couple of dumb ass kids with no helpful information. Please help out a noob with this

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    You're not out of luck! There's plenty of solutions, for significantly less than $100-200 as well!

There's the Roku streaming device: (you need an account to see links)
    Amazon Fire Stick: (you need an account to see links)
    Google Chromecast: (you need an account to see links)

Any of these would work perfectly for Netflix/Hulu/etc. I personally have owned a Roku and a Fire Stick. I prefer the Fire Stick, because of it's integration to Amazon's ecosystem. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    312 times
    Time Online
    77d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbex View Post
    You're not out of luck! There's plenty of solutions, for significantly less than $100-200 as well!

There's the Roku streaming device: (you need an account to see links)
    Amazon Fire Stick: (you need an account to see links)
    Google Chromecast: (you need an account to see links)

Any of these would work perfectly for Netflix/Hulu/etc. I personally have owned a Roku and a Fire Stick. I prefer the Fire Stick, because of it's integration to Amazon's ecosystem. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    The firestick looks and sounds pretty legit. Why are they so cheap? Thanks for the quick response and help!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 4h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I HIGHLY recommend the Nvidia Shield TV. It has netflix, amazon, and hulu. You can also download kodi to it from the google play store which works amazingly. Best part is you can stream all your Steam games to it, it's a pretty powerful gaming machine also.

Heres a link: (you need an account to see links)

can probably find a cheaper one on ebay. Managed to snag mine for $150 on black friday when it first came out

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

the firestick is cheap because it's not very powerful. it's good for streaming netflix/amazon but you'll have trouble with anything else such as kodi. if you're going to go for an amazon device I'd recommend the Amazon Fire TV: (you need an account to see links)

All the perks of the stick but waaay more powerful and has voice search