Thread: [Trading] Loyalty rewards system?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m

[Trading] Loyalty rewards system?

So I was considering things to expand on with sales on cK, and one of the first things to come to mind was a loyalty reward system.

A LOT of sellers have people that trust them to sell them safe accounts, items, pets, etc.
    So without breaking the in place trading rules already, could we introduce a loyalty rewards system?

Either a predetermined system by staff, or a system created individually by sellers that gets preapproved by staff before being put into place.

I imagine most of it would be done by sellers, keeping track in spreadsheets or however they want to keep track of what they do with their stuff and what the sell.
    These systems could and would have a cap discount/reward once someone reached the highest reward tier to prevent people from discounting their things 80% off or something ridiculous.

Personally don't think it would be a bad idea, but I'm always lookin' for people to school me and show me the negative in somethin'.

Whatchu guys think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Urbex (03-18-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    28d 2h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I used to do something similar to this idea, if I noticed someone was purchasing quite a few times from me, I'd thank them for repeat business and offer a slight discount (I believe it was normally around 5% or so). Nothing crazy but it was a pleasant surprise to buyers

I'd prefer more of a laissez faire marketplace, as I think that'd attract more people, but maybe this could help too.
    PM me to see what I have up for sale! Always selling UCs/NP/Accounts!
    Offering free PIN cracks to Clraik rank (and higher!), just shoot me a PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

Mophead (03-18-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm more on the buyers end of this, however for what it's worth, if I feel I could buy from a trustworthy user and they offered loyalty deals to their consumers, it does incline me to purchase more. Especially if we already have the rapport.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rowling For This Useful Post:

Mophead (03-18-2017),Raposa (04-17-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Doesn't this sort of go without saying though? Likes yes, the rules are in place and should be followed but if you have a constant repeat buyer overtime, obviously the quantities would increase and so would the leniency on total price.

Sellers generally use the i-trader system as a means to tell whether or not to sell. If I get messaged by an unknown member with only a few trades with other unknown members, I would be wary to sell. However, if I see they have sales with a few top clraiks/official cks/etc, then I would already consider them a loyal buyer.

So where I do understand where you are coming from, dont think its needed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Aura (03-19-2017),Stocking Anarchy (03-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Doesn't this sort of go without saying though? Likes yes, the rules are in place and should be followed but if you have a constant repeat buyer overtime, obviously the quantities would increase and so would the leniency on total price.

Sellers generally use the i-trader system as a means to tell whether or not to sell. If I get messaged by an unknown member with only a few trades with other unknown members, I would be wary to sell. However, if I see they have sales with a few top clraiks/official cks/etc, then I would already consider them a loyal buyer.

So where I do understand where you are coming from, dont think its needed.
    I wonder if @(you need an account to see links) meant perhaps allowing sellers to have a program advertised in their threads. It is up to seller discretion to give discounts for repeat buyers of course. However, a loyalty program such as this I believe is a way to attract consumers to choose to purchase from you over other sellers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Bettser (03-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    I wonder if @(you need an account to see links) meant perhaps allowing sellers to have a program advertised in their threads. It is up to seller discretion to give discounts for repeat buyers of course. However, a loyalty program such as this I believe is a way to attract consumers to choose to purchase from you over other sellers.
    I don't think it would be a good idea, and it would clash with our rules if that's the case.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    433d 21h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Pretty sure there's already a post on this exact subject somewhere. The issue is when somebody would "cash out" on their loyalty things, it would more than likely go under the price guides and break the rules.

This would then lead to people creating stupid loyalty rewards in an attempt to undercut others. People would try to buddy up with staff to try and win favor. I just see it being a big mess. Loyalty programs work well on personal sites because they aren't regulated. Forum prices are regulated though so I don't see how loyalty programs would work within the boundaries of the rules.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Bettser (03-19-2017),Mophead (03-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Pretty sure there's already a post on this exact subject somewhere. The issue is when somebody would "cash out" on their loyalty things, it would more than likely go under the price guides and break the rules.

This would then lead to people creating stupid loyalty rewards in an attempt to undercut others. People would try to buddy up with staff to try and win favor. I just see it being a big mess. Loyalty programs work well on personal sites because they aren't regulated. Forum prices are regulated though so I don't see how loyalty programs would work within the boundaries of the rules.
    100% agree. Going to go ahead and close on this note as the staff consensus was pretty much the same.

Thanks @(you need an account to see links) for the suggestion but its not needed, and it would lead to more problems then benefit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Mophead (03-19-2017)