Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: [Trading] Loyalty rewards system?

  1. #1




    Mophead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Location
    Outta this world.
    Posts
    1,307
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,059 Posts


    Downloads
    82
    Uploads
    1
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Time Online
    115 d 13 h 49 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 57 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Lawlz

    [Trading] Loyalty rewards system?

    So I was considering things to expand on with sales on cK, and one of the first things to come to mind was a loyalty reward system.

    A LOT of sellers have people that trust them to sell them safe accounts, items, pets, etc.
    So without breaking the in place trading rules already, could we introduce a loyalty rewards system?

    Either a predetermined system by staff, or a system created individually by sellers that gets preapproved by staff before being put into place.

    I imagine most of it would be done by sellers, keeping track in spreadsheets or however they want to keep track of what they do with their stuff and what the sell.
    These systems could and would have a cap discount/reward once someone reached the highest reward tier to prevent people from discounting their things 80% off or something ridiculous.

    Personally don't think it would be a bad idea, but I'm always lookin' for people to school me and show me the negative in somethin'.

    Whatchu guys think?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

    Urbex (03-18-2017)

  3. #2


    Urbex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    839
    Thanks
    438
    Thanked 555 Times in 271 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Time Online
    28 d 2 h 40 m
    Avg. Time Online
    58 m
    Rep Power
    3
    I used to do something similar to this idea, if I noticed someone was purchasing quite a few times from me, I'd thank them for repeat business and offer a slight discount (I believe it was normally around 5% or so). Nothing crazy but it was a pleasant surprise to buyers

    I'd prefer more of a laissez faire marketplace, as I think that'd attract more people, but maybe this could help too.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Urbex For This Useful Post:

    Mophead (03-18-2017)

  5. #3
    Rowling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Time Online
    2 d 3 h 44 m
    Avg. Time Online
    9 m
    Rep Power
    1
    I'm more on the buyers end of this, however for what it's worth, if I feel I could buy from a trustworthy user and they offered loyalty deals to their consumers, it does incline me to purchase more. Especially if we already have the rapport.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rowling For This Useful Post:

    Dad (04-17-2017),Mophead (03-18-2017)

  7. #4
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,904
    Thanks
    1,722
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,629 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1393 Post(s)
    Time Online
    354 d 18 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 25 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Doesn't this sort of go without saying though? Likes yes, the rules are in place and should be followed but if you have a constant repeat buyer overtime, obviously the quantities would increase and so would the leniency on total price.

    Sellers generally use the i-trader system as a means to tell whether or not to sell. If I get messaged by an unknown member with only a few trades with other unknown members, I would be wary to sell. However, if I see they have sales with a few top clraiks/official cks/etc, then I would already consider them a loyal buyer.

    So where I do understand where you are coming from, dont think its needed.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

    Aura (03-19-2017),Stocking Anarchy (03-19-2017)

  9. #5



    Stocking Anarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Gender
    Location
    Daten City
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks
    587
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 485 Posts


    Downloads
    145
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Time Online
    36 d 17 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 26 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    Doesn't this sort of go without saying though? Likes yes, the rules are in place and should be followed but if you have a constant repeat buyer overtime, obviously the quantities would increase and so would the leniency on total price.

    Sellers generally use the i-trader system as a means to tell whether or not to sell. If I get messaged by an unknown member with only a few trades with other unknown members, I would be wary to sell. However, if I see they have sales with a few top clraiks/official cks/etc, then I would already consider them a loyal buyer.

    So where I do understand where you are coming from, dont think its needed.
    I wonder if @Mophead meant perhaps allowing sellers to have a program advertised in their threads. It is up to seller discretion to give discounts for repeat buyers of course. However, a loyalty program such as this I believe is a way to attract consumers to choose to purchase from you over other sellers.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (03-19-2017)

  11. #6
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,904
    Thanks
    1,722
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,629 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1393 Post(s)
    Time Online
    354 d 18 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 25 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    I wonder if @Mophead meant perhaps allowing sellers to have a program advertised in their threads. It is up to seller discretion to give discounts for repeat buyers of course. However, a loyalty program such as this I believe is a way to attract consumers to choose to purchase from you over other sellers.
    I don't think it would be a good idea, and it would clash with our rules if that's the case.

  12. #7
    Andrew


    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Behind you.
    Age
    99
    Posts
    5,998
    Thanks
    5,157
    Thanked 7,801 Times in 2,997 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1783 Post(s)
    Time Online
    338 d 14 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 13 m
    Rep Power
    16
    Pretty sure there's already a post on this exact subject somewhere. The issue is when somebody would "cash out" on their loyalty things, it would more than likely go under the price guides and break the rules.

    This would then lead to people creating stupid loyalty rewards in an attempt to undercut others. People would try to buddy up with staff to try and win favor. I just see it being a big mess. Loyalty programs work well on personal sites because they aren't regulated. Forum prices are regulated though so I don't see how loyalty programs would work within the boundaries of the rules.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

    Bettser (03-19-2017),Mophead (03-19-2017)

  14. #8
    Moderator





    Bettser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,904
    Thanks
    1,722
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,629 Posts


    Downloads
    41
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1393 Post(s)
    Time Online
    354 d 18 h 25 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 25 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Pretty sure there's already a post on this exact subject somewhere. The issue is when somebody would "cash out" on their loyalty things, it would more than likely go under the price guides and break the rules.

    This would then lead to people creating stupid loyalty rewards in an attempt to undercut others. People would try to buddy up with staff to try and win favor. I just see it being a big mess. Loyalty programs work well on personal sites because they aren't regulated. Forum prices are regulated though so I don't see how loyalty programs would work within the boundaries of the rules.
    100% agree. Going to go ahead and close on this note as the staff consensus was pretty much the same.

    Thanks @Mophead for the suggestion but its not needed, and it would lead to more problems then benefit.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

    Mophead (03-19-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •