Thread: [Suggestion] New Userbars for top sellers?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m

[Suggestion] New Userbars for top sellers?

I was talking to someone else on cK recently, and one of the things that we were talking about was improving the market.

One of the ideas that we came up was maybe making a userbar for some of the top sellers on the forum.
    Multiple reasons.

1.) Top sellers are the most trusted. They know how to deal correctly, and handle any situation thrown at them. Whether it's how to properly secure an account, how to move a pet to someone's main, or how to move items and NP's around safely. They know.
    2.) Whether we want to acknowledge it or not. There are people that have done shady things with sales. Majority of these people are trade banned or banned altogether, but there's been sellers in the past who have done all kinds of shady deals without their buyers knowing that can lead to buyers getting frozen.

3.) A lot of people get burned out when it comes to selling. I'm sure there's been plenty of sellers (myself included) who've hit a drought at one point or another where we just didn't have motivation to continue selling. A new userbar for sellers would give people something to work for, improve how people handle their stock, and can possibly bolster activity on the forum depending on how some people approach new sales ideas without breaking any rules.

In addition, as a side thought.
    The idea of paying to have a selling thread stickied/advertised at the top of the trade section came to mind.
    Similar to paying for adspace. Only you're paying for a sales thread to be sticking for everyone to see at the top of the list.

Opinions?
    Last edited by j03; 02-19-2017 at 03:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Neal Caffrey (02-22-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Userbar for 'Top sellers' is a great idea man! Due to this people while trading will be more cautious than ever.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Would trusted buyers get one then?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by isao View Post
    Would trusted buyers get one then?
    They could. There could be a userbar for people with a certain amount of feedback at a certain point.

But I think the idea pertains more too a seller since they have to actually make sure everything is done safely in order to prevent anyone getting banned on site. Buyers don't have to make sure they keep 500 accounts safe for their buyers. Buyers just have to make sure they know how to handle what they buy.

I feel like it's more often sellers that can take advantage of people. Though, I've never had to bother with a chargeback so I could be incredibly biased.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Yeah it would be interesting to see how it would be implemented. It could as said be for a certain # of feedback (or bronze, silver, gold depending on # of feedbacks) or just "randomly" earned when it is noted a seller is trustworthy deemed by staff or something. It could go a few different ways.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    433d 21h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Top sellers usually don't need a bar to show off that they are in fact trusted and wel known as a top seller. I think that your trade rep should be enough to speak for your trustworthiness. Having a userbar for selling things would be a bit unnecessary. I mean, it would be a reason for people to leave more trade rep when sales happen but it could also lead to people leaving trade re just to gather points. Realistically, the top top trader spots are already pretty locked in too.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (02-19-2017),Bettser (02-19-2017),Daviid (02-19-2017),Mama Bear (02-20-2017),Mophead (02-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    I dont think this is needed either. We have I-trader for a reason, and:
    "The idea of paying to have a selling thread stickied/advertised at the top of the trade section came to mind.
    Similar to paying for adspace. Only you're paying for a sales thread to be sticking for everyone to see at the top of the list."

^This is a not a good idea. Been brought up before and I believe all of staff was really against it a few years ago. Bump timers are there for a reason, and no seller should get these benefits. Its like making the rich richer, and taking from the poor.
    Last edited by Bettser; 02-19-2017 at 05:28 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (02-19-2017),Daviid (02-19-2017),Mama Bear (02-20-2017),Mophead (02-19-2017)