84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty.money View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it's based on a neomail that a user got from their own Side Account which was compromised.

Someone from CK neomailed their main, telling them to change their PW and check CK for security tips...

(WAS NOT ME, posted on NN on F

Spoiler for a little more privacy to the person.

So, I think I caused this little shit storm.
    When I'm raiding accounts, and I log into someone's side account with an active main, I tend to mail them to change their account details to be sure all their accounts are secure. This is one of the side accounts that I sent a message to someone on. This screenshot was posted on a Neopets related Facebook page not long before TNT sent that mail out.

So good shit to TNT. It only took someone mailing people from their side accounts to change their shit, to get TNT to tell everyone to change their shit and secure their accounts.
    So hopefully now, active players will be safe and not have to worry about having their stuff stolen.
    About damn time TNT has the sense to protect their active players, and not their inactives.
    Be proactive, not reactive TNT.

Thanks @(you need an account to see links) for the post that mentioned this.
    Last edited by Mophead; 02-15-2017 at 01:52 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-16-2017),farewelltoarms (02-16-2017),halloweenlupe (02-15-2017),Jericho (02-15-2017),kittyray (02-15-2017),motherfucker (02-15-2017),Requiem (02-15-2017),Sakuras (02-16-2017),Shizuku (02-16-2017),Stocking Anarchy (02-16-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty.money View Post
    Haha I know of one person with a vendetta against one of my friends (who I don't believe actually cheats). He was RELENTLESS in getting users to mass report him.
    lololol. at least tnt is playing it safe even when there is nothing to worry about.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post

When I'm raiding accounts, and I log into someone's side account with an active main, I tend to mail them to change their account details to be sure all their accounts are secure. This is one of the side accounts that I sent a message to someone on.

So good shit to TNT. It only took someone mailing people from their side accounts to change their shit, to get TNT to tell everyone to change their shit and secure their accounts.
    So hopefully now, active players will be safe and not have to worry about having their stuff stolen.
    About damn time TNT has the sense to protect their active players, and not they're inactives.

at least you're a good person, mang.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Espeon For This Useful Post:

halloweenlupe (02-15-2017),Mophead (02-15-2017),motherfucker (02-15-2017)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m

When I'm raiding accounts, and I log into someone's side account with an active main, I tend to mail them to change their account details to be sure all their accounts are secure. This is one of the side accounts that I sent a message to someone on. This screenshot was posted on a Neopets related Facebook page not long before TNT sent that mail out.

About damn time TNT has the sense to protect their active players, and not their inactives.

omg you out here saving the day and shit bless

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Mophead (02-16-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    props to mops for being the good guy and mailing that main account to tell them to secure their side, but
    all i can think of
    is mops
    Last edited by Bani; 02-16-2017 at 03:31 AM. Reason: small privacy reason

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bani For This Useful Post:

Mophead (02-16-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    19d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    LMAO! You can't make this shit up. Fabulous, just.. fabulous.

And yeah, @mops I feel you man. karma.. that shit's real!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TtotheJ For This Useful Post:

Mophead (02-16-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    So at the end of the day...there was no leak? I say because I change my pw quite often, but this shit still has me paranoid as I wouldn't be able to afford another main like the one I have right now. Haven't done anything illegit on it either, other than getting it in the first place.

Also, if there's someone out there looking to get all cheaters frozen, wouldn't they have to cheat as well to do it?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by lagrima View Post
    So at the end of the day...there was no leak? I say because I change my pw quite often, but this shit still has me paranoid as I wouldn't be able to afford another main like the one I have right now. Haven't done anything illegit on it either, other than getting it in the first place.

Also, if there's someone out there looking to get all cheaters frozen, wouldn't they have to cheat as well to do it?
    They'd have to do a lot more than just cheat.
    But no one can freeze all the cheaters. Except for TNT, but we know how that goes.

And no, no new breach. TNT has actually shaped up their security a lot since 2012.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

♥ lagrima ♥ (02-19-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    They'd have to do a lot more than just cheat.
    But no one can freeze all the cheaters. Except for TNT, but we know how that goes.

And no, no new breach. TNT has actually shaped up their security a lot since 2012.
    Hahah that's very true. And imo it would be a lot of effort put into something that's not really worth it? I mean neo isn't a super popular site nowadays, and "cheaters" aren't even doing it so they can take advantage of others or turn their lives into hell, from what I've seen people just want good pets/items/accounts etc for themselves so they can enjoy the game a little more.

It's nice to know they've shaped up their security though, that's great news! Thanks forthe heads up. =)