14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ban View Post
    I took a look at Griffith, says the only basic req for Pharmacy is 575 (or around that) on TOEFL ITP or 90 on TOEFL iBT.
    I did ITP and got 633 out of 670. I'll do iBT and expect to go just as well or better.
    As for Bachelor in Sciences, more specifically Chemistry you need 585 on ITP (again not a problem) or 92 on iBT (not a problem) as well as good High School grades (which I've got) or one year in college where I live (which I'll have completed since I can only apply and it will start Jan 18' it seems).

Either way, my overall score in HS was 84%, I just calculated
    And only one "C", the rest are all Bs and As with a 100%/4 in Maths c:
    Good to see that you've done so well on your grades. It seems like at this point it's more a choice on where you would like to live. Australia is very multicultural and foreigners are always treated well. (Note:every country has its own racists but I've found Australians to be exceptually welcoming) if your ever curious for more information on Griffith Uni or what it's like too live here shoot me a message. I loved my chemistry at uni but my lecturer had the thickest Russian accent and almost the entire class struggled to understand him. Smart guy with a PHD and it was always a good laugh trying to figure out what he was blurting out from time to time.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyskins View Post
    Good to see that you've done so well on your grades. It seems like at this point it's more a choice on where you would like to live. Australia is very multicultural and foreigners are always treated well. (Note:every country has its own racists but I've found Australians to be exceptually welcoming) if your ever curious for more information on Griffith Uni or what it's like too live here shoot me a message. I loved my chemistry at uni but my lecturer had the thickest Russian accent and almost the entire class struggled to understand him. Smart guy with a PHD and it was always a good laugh trying to figure out what he was blurting out from time to time.
    I wish xD
    I want to study in Japan but... well, it's a complicated process n_n
    I was denied (well, not by the government, by the stupid brazilian consulate but even then) even with those grades LOL

Aw, thanks, I'm def sending a PM <3
    LOL, I never had that experience before tbh
    My body is ready though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I wish xD
    I want to study in Japan but... well, it's a complicated process n_n
    I was denied (well, not by the government, by the stupid brazilian consulate but even then) even with those grades LOL

Aw, thanks, I'm def sending a PM <3
    LOL, I never had that experience before tbh
    My body is ready though!

I replied to your pm don't fret to ask as many questions as you want

Funny enough I was going to move to Japan for 2 years on a work holiday visa teaching English , but I got a great job offer so now I'm staying here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toomanyskins For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-13-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyskins View Post
    I replied to your pm don't fret to ask as many questions as you want

Funny enough I was going to move to Japan for 2 years on a work holiday visa teaching English , but I got a great job offer so now I'm staying here.
    Nice! I intend to maybe take a bachelor's somewhere else and then major/doctorate in Japan. Then proceed to work and build my life there, become a japanese citizen one day who knows xD
    I'll be trying the government scholarship program once more this year, assuming the consulate doesn't deny me again, I can make it...
    But won't count on them being nice so... Australia is now definitely my first option xD

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Nice! I intend to maybe take a bachelor's somewhere else and then major/doctorate in Japan. Then proceed to work and build my life there, become a japanese citizen one day who knows xD
    I'll be trying the government scholarship program once more this year, assuming the consulate doesn't deny me again, I can make it...
    But won't count on them being nice so... Australia is now definitely my first option xD
    I went to Griffith myself. Sciences are at Nathan campus, which is really nice. Griffith is really well situated, too; it's very close to a major highway, and is very well located for the public bus system. I didn't have my driver's license all through my studies and never had any issues.
    QUT would be the other Queensland university I'd suggest. It is considered a more "serious" school than Griffith is, so your medicines and laws there are more prestigious. Here's a link for the course (you need an account to see links)
    UQ is another option, but that one has gone downhill as QUT's star has risen in the past decade.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    18h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I went to Griffith myself. Sciences are at Nathan campus, which is really nice. Griffith is really well situated, too; it's very close to a major highway, and is very well located for the public bus system. I didn't have my driver's license all through my studies and never had any issues.
    QUT would be the other Queensland university I'd suggest. It is considered a more "serious" school than Griffith is, so your medicines and laws there are more prestigious. Here's a link for the course (you need an account to see links)
    UQ is another option, but that one has gone downhill as QUT's star has risen in the past decade.
    I had a few classes at Nathan, or was that Mt Gravat, I always confused the two. Did you find you had much to do overthere? I was on the Gold Coast and there was never a shortage of places to go and things to see. Especially without a car.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    So good to know, thanks for the other suggestions!
    Griffith says there's Sciences in both Nathan and Gold Coast though :o

Also, do you know if there's any special requirement for Pharmacy? It says there's nothing equivalent in Brazil D:
    So I might just take Bachelor in Sciences with a Major in Chemistry since that requires 8.8 in HS (which I don't have) or one year in college (which I do)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    So good to know, thanks for the other suggestions!
    Griffith says there's Sciences in both Nathan and Gold Coast though :o

Also, do you know if there's any special requirement for Pharmacy? It says there's nothing equivalent in Brazil D:
    So I might just take Bachelor in Sciences with a Major in Chemistry since that requires 8.8 in HS (which I don't have) or one year in college (which I do)

That just means that it's offered at both campuses. You could choose 1 or the other, or if you had a course that was full at 1, you could do it at the other, you know? The only prerequisites would be (for Aussie students anyway) passing English and Chemistry in high school, and a good enough university score (currently an OP, but will be an ATAR shortly nation-wide).
    @(you need an account to see links), I was in Drama, so I had rehearsals etc. I spent most of my uni years loving my drama program in the day, and staying up all night playing video games.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Ban (02-13-2017)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    403/1
    Mentioned
    734 times
    Time Online
    120d 8h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    That just means that it's offered at both campuses. You could choose 1 or the other, or if you had a course that was full at 1, you could do it at the other, you know? The only prerequisites would be (for Aussie students anyway) passing English and Chemistry in high school, and a good enough university score (currently an OP, but will be an ATAR shortly nation-wide).
    Gotcha... well, I passed everything in HS since I'm in College now LOL
    So there must be something else for international students, oh well n_n
    Thanks!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Gotcha... well, I passed everything in HS since I'm in College now LOL
    So there must be something else for international students, oh well n_n
    Thanks!
    Not everyone does every subject though. For instance, I dropped Chemistry in year 12 when English Extension was offered. I wouldn't meet that prereq because I didn't do Chem. I didn't do Physics, so couldn't do one of those courses. You get the idea.

(you need an account to see links) Is this page helpful?